Match Thread Rotherham (1 Viewer)

Philosorapter

New Best for the fourth game in a row.

87 n all that

I agree with you on Sheaf, he does give the ball away a lot, but bring him back in to break up play, as he is ok doing that.
He’s average but he has his moments. We chased him all summer,like Chaplin the summer before. I wouldn’t pay money for sheaf if that is an option which I doubt it is.

SlowerThanPlatt

He’s average but he has his moments. We chased him all summer,like Chaplin the summer before. I wouldn’t pay money for sheaf if that is an option which I doubt it is.

£750k would be a snip for Sheaf, he’s one of the only players we have who can play on the half turn and receive in tight areas. The only way that deal isn’t happening is if we get relegated.

skyblueelephant76

I agree with you on Sheaf, he does give the ball away a lot, but bring him back in to break up play, as he is ok doing that.
Sheaf has the highest pass completion rate of any of our players at 84.8%. He plays the occasional hospital pass which everyone remembers and it becomes a myth that he gives it away a lot.

Doncaster fans said the same thing yet he was in the top players for passing in League One.

87 n all that

£750k would be a snip for Sheaf, he’s one of the only players we have who can play on the half turn and receive in tight areas. The only way that deal isn’t happening is if we get relegated.
And gives the ball away. I’m not convinced on him tbh. I’m sure he’ll improve but not convinced but with our squad I hope he’ll start with Kelly and hamer (much better players) on sat so we can play 2 upfront.

87 n all that

Sheaf has the highest pass completion rate of any of our players at 84.8%. He plays the occasional hospital pass which everyone remembers and it becomes a myth that he gives it away a lot.

Doncaster fans said the same thing yet he was in the top players for passing in League One.
Short passes mean shit

johnwillomagic

I think Rotherham as away may revert to a 4-3-3 formation which they've used most of the season....but if their fans hope they'll play 3-5-2 then so do I and would like us to play 3-5-2 as well - assuming this is the case this is side I hope we play.

Wilson

Osti Fadz Hyam

Dabo Hamer Kelly Sheaf Giles

Baka Walker

Subs: Camp, McCallum, Rose, Shipley, Allen, O'Hare, Jobello, Biamou, Bapaga

I want to see Baka in a two with Walker but think this may be too much to hope for!

Grendel

87 n all that

He’s not in the team to influence or win games. You show little understanding of football and certain roles
So what does he do then? Give the ball away? 84 p/c from short passes (not his fault, most of them will be taking the ball of a ch and passing it back, getting it back and making a pass to the opponents). Does he set up goals? No. Can he play the Kelly role? No. Ball retention? Not really but I’d play him on sat because we need an extra body in midfield alongside Kelly and hamer. If you think he’s made an impact as the player we chased for a month all summer then you are deluded.

shmmeee

So what does he do then? Give the ball away? 84 p/c from short passes (not his fault, most of them will be taking the ball of a ch and passing it back, getting it back and making a pass to the opponents). Does he set up goals? No. Can he play the Kelly role? No. Ball retention? Not really but I’d play him on sat because we need an extra body in midfield alongside Kelly and hamer. If you think he’s made an impact as the player we chased for a month all summer then you are deluded.

This is just nonsense. He’s got some of the best passing range in the squad and is always high on interceptions. We missed him on Tuesday. He’s made a couple of bad passes, but so have most of the team. They’re all young and learning the level.

87 n all that

This is just nonsense. He’s got some of the best passing range in the squad and is always high on interceptions. We missed him on Tuesday. He’s made a couple of bad passes, but so have most of the team. They’re all young and learning the level.
It’s not nonsense. He gifted a goal to Bournemouth. He’s not good at defending or attacking, he’s just taking the ball of a defender, playing it back, getting it back, playing it to another defender getting it back, give it to a midfielder, get it back, play it back, give it away. Like you said he’s young but I cannot believe we chased this player for a month. Kelly came in and results have changed. Sheaf has made very little positive impact.

SlowerThanPlatt

He is the link player between the defence and the attacking midfield players, why would he be setting up players? That’s not his area of the pitch.

skyblueelephant76

It’s not nonsense. He gifted a goal to Bournemouth. He’s not good at defending or attacking, he’s just taking the ball of a defender, playing it back, getting it back, playing it to another defender getting it back, give it to a midfielder, get it back, play it back, give it away. Like you said he’s young but I cannot believe we chased this player for a month. Kelly came in and results have changed. Sheaf has made very little positive impact.
Sheaf also completes more tackles per game than any of our other players.

Unsurprisingly Hamer is 2nd in the league for fouls per game.

SlowerThanPlatt

Lol - the best club side of the last 20 years had someone playing the some role. Best tell Busquets to give all his medals back

SeaSeeEffCee

Claiming that Sheaf gifted a goal to Bournemouth is a pure fantasy scenario concocted to support your narrative. If anyone was at fault for the goals in the Bournemouth game it was Hamer.

87 n all that

Claiming that Sheaf gifted a goal to Bournemouth is a pure fantasy scenario concocted to support your narrative. If anyone was at fault for the goals in the Bournemouth game it was Hamer.
Goal not goals, and Hamer was on the pitch when he played his atrocious back pass which led to a goal. Hardly a fantasy scenario. How was Hamer at fault for the goals? He got sent off and they scored one goal as a result.

kg82

You just said he isn’t good at ball retention in one post and then described him as doing exactly that in another post. He makes space for himself with ease. He’s been sloppy a couple of times, but no more than anyone else.

SleepyGinger

Surprised at the negative predictions on here, we finished 5 points above pretty much the same Rotherham team last season they are nothing special. No doubt in my mind we are a better side than them.
We struggled to deal with them physically for the first at St. Andrews but they tired and they were lucky to get a point that night.

Wilson
Dabo osti fadz Hyam giles
Hamer kelly sheaf
bakayoko Biamou

Baka and Biamou always caused problems when they have played together (Fleetwood, Peterborough, Birmingham). Walker ohare if we need a goal.

also it felt like Richard wood was in his 30s when he played for us how is he only 35?!

Last edited:

Astute

In joke I take it? If not we’ve won 2 promotions in 3 seasons. Btw, in new to this site and not a former member under another name. You and you’re cronies drag this site down bad boy
New to this site?

New to football it seems. You seem to have the basics but struggle to understand the rest.

Irish Sky Blue

Goal not goals, and Hamer was on the pitch when he played his atrocious back pass which led to a goal. Hardly a fantasy scenario. How was Hamer at fault for the goals? He got sent off and they scored one goal as a result.
Didn't Sheat get brought down for our penalty against Bournemouth?
I think we were 3-1 down when Hamer was sent off.

SeaSeeEffCee

Did you even watch the game, or in fact even watch the highlights? None of the goals were the result of a Sheaf backpass and Hamer was sent off at 3-1.

steve cooper

Looking again at the highlights I can't see anything that suggests Sheaf was to blame for any of their goals, their first came from a left wing cross, the second was Hamer's fault if anyone's, and for their 3rd Sheaf gets nutmegged but it was really a result of Dabo not being tight enough on their goalscorer, (number 4)

sheaf4.png

sheaf3.png

Users who are viewing this thread