Rooney is fired up for Friday night (1 Viewer)

SBT

Cometh the hour….

Fratton Park Pompey GIF by Portsmouth Football Club

Hobo

Well certainly fired!

skybluetony176

His farewell statement is comedy gold. He’s decided to take a break from football and 13 weeks wasn’t long enough to make the changes needed. A) you’re shit and it’s amazing that you got the gig in the first place B) they were 6th when Eustace was sacked, the only changes he’s implemented is playoff contenders to relegation contenders.

curly_tom

When I watched that interview he did on Sky after we beat them, I knew he could never be a good manager. He seemed so uninspiring, almost pathetic, the idea that he could get a team of players going seems inconceivable. He’ll probably get a couple more opportunities abroad where his name will be raise a club’s profile but, like Lampard, he won’t have success in England as a manager. John Eustace will be enjoying that though….

JulianDarbyFTW

I was going to say that Rooney's quite dour and uninspirational, but actually there are shades of Mark Robins in his approach. Apart from the ability to galvanise a squad, win games, get promoted, deal with adversity, and outperform expectation. But apart from that, they're quite similar.

SBT

When I watched that interview he did on Sky after we beat them, I knew he could never be a good manager. He seemed so uninspiring, almost pathetic, the idea that he could get a team of players going seems inconceivable. He’ll probably get a couple more opportunities abroad where his name will be raise a club’s profile but, like Lampard, he won’t have success in England as a manager. John Eustace will be enjoying that though….
Another example of a supremely talented player who’s struggled as a manager to convey to lesser players something that always came naturally to him.

Mcbean

He may have been rubbish but the owners were fully culpable in the clubs downfall and may be even more troubled if they get relegated - Eustace should demand Rooneys wage level if asked

Hertsccfc

His pay off I’m sure will cheer him up
I really doubt that. I am sure he is already very wealthy and doubt more money will add to his happiness. This will be a major blow to his professional pride and reputation. I suspect football has dominated his life since a very early age and he will find it hard to see a future in the game after this. The pay off won't offer much consolation for that loss .

fernandopartridge

Another example of a supremely talented player who’s struggled as a manager to convey to lesser players something that always came naturally to him.
Yeah, he was a highly motivated and capable player so probably quite difficult for him to grasp not everybody is the same

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

OffenhamSkyBlue

I can only assume that Tom Brady et al had only heard of him because of his reputation as a good player. He's now proven beyond doubt that he ain't manager material. Wonder which clown they will appoint next!

PS Can this be moved to "Other Sports" please? Not footy related!

AJB1983

Yeah I thought the same - seemed completely out of his depth. Comparing his interview and Robins it was like chalk and cheese. Fair enough robins is older and more experienced but how he spoke in detail whereas Rooney was just like “that’s a good question” or “we need to be in opposition half more” couldn’t be more different.

SBT

I can only assume that Tom Brady et al had only heard of him because of his reputation as a good player. He's now proven beyond doubt that he ain't manager material. Wonder which clown they will appoint next!

PS Can this be moved to "Other Sports" please? Not footy related!
I doubt Tom Brady had any input into the choice of manager at all.

Cov kid 55

I really doubt that. I am sure he is already very wealthy and doubt more money will add to his happiness. This will be a major blow to his professional pride and reputation. I suspect football has dominated his life since a very early age and he will find it hard to see a future in the game after this. The pay off won't offer much consolation for that loss .
Yep, spot on. He’s failed here, and it will be a bitter pill for him to swallow. Not his fault the idiot owners gave up on a Manager doing a good job in pursuit of a name. I have some sympathy for Rooney, and no sympathy for the owners who have got what they deserve.

Ian1779

Will this go down as the worst/strangest managerial appointment in championship history?
That and Kolo Toure at Wigan.

Just to add to the nonsense, I predict Tom Brady will be caretaker manger till end of the season 😂

Users who are viewing this thread