Robins post match/mcallum sale (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

No not really, I don’t think our system is really set up for a striker to score loads.

Which proven strikers do you have in mind as Godden is proven at L1 level?
The system to me seems we are better in second half of games set up not to concede then change it slightly second half

Reactions: vow

Grendel

£1.5m is not enough in this day, regardless of where we are playing.

I said at the time and I say it now, we massively undersold Maddison. Even with the add ons, we should not have let him go for less £7/8m, we all knew how good he was.

The Maddison deal has gained us that it has kept the club going and funded our budget for the last two seasons

usskyblue

The Maddison deal has gained us that it has kept the club going and funded our budget for the last two seasons

Everyone knows our situation. We’re sitting fucking ducks to other clubs. Do we need the money, absolutely. But could he help us get promoted? Yes. Will he still be worth seven figures if we don’t? Yes.

We’re in a weak bargaining position in one respect but in the current market (which is batshitcrazy) he’s worth multiple millions. Depends how bad SISU need the dosh in the end.

bradwellskyblues

just to say presumably he knows of the offer and to his credit he played well tonight despite fleetwood clearly targeting him trying to get a second booking,lets hope the trend is bucked and we keep him till at least the summer when i think his value will have doubled

pipkin73

Everyone knows our situation. We’re sitting fucking ducks to other clubs. Do we need the money, absolutely. But could he help us get promoted? Yes. Will he still be worth seven figures if we don’t? Yes.

We’re in a weak bargaining position in one respect but in the current market (which is batshitcrazy) he’s worth multiple millions. Depends how bad SISU need the dosh in the end.
You said "Will he still be worth seven figures if we don’t?" (get promoted) yes!!!!

Paxman II

I really like McCallum. He hasshown great improvement and potential to go on and be a very good player. However as a pure defender he is still sadly lacking. Even against Fleetwood he lost his man and crosses in were all too easy. Mason is a better defender.

Corrado

Excuse me mate, we all have a right to moan if we sell players due to the lack of income. We should not be in this position in the first place, nobody should have to go and watch their team outside their own city. Blaming people for not going to watch us at St Andrews is frankly outrageous. They are not the ones responsible for us having to sell our best players to make up the deficit, the 3 groups of charlatans involved in moving us out of Coventry are!
What bollox! If you aren't contributing to the club what right have you got to moan??
Original post is 100% accurate

NorthernWisdom

wise words. Used to have blazing rows about this when people would grumble at players going when they didn’t bother showing up to matches. One thing leads to another.
The club have to create the conditions to make people want to go to matches. They've been spectacularly bad at that.

Pointless blaming fans for a business failing to grow its consumer base.

Bertola

Whilst I like Mason, McCallum is a much better option in our current system. All Masons best games came as a LB in a back 4. Not sure he’s quite got it as a wing backs and so I’d be worried if we lost McCallum this window

NorthernWisdom

People wouldn't go if biamou and godden personally picked them up and carried them to a VIP seat. The would still be something stopping them.
Some people yes. Clearly attendances are down on where they were however... and not in the hundreds.

Now, it's inevitable players are sold, and if anybody's surprised they're mad or deluded. But... there's no misplaced boycott to starve SISU out. It's not the responsibility of the everyday fan who finds it more hassle / finds it a bit uncomfortable going / can't go to stop McCallum being sold. Ownership of that is with the club and owners, and other parties. Choose your poison... but it ain't the fans.

pusbccfc

It has and could have been more. He will go for £60m+ in his next move.

Club need to make a point of that to potential buyers of McCallum.

Sky Blue Pete

It’s not so much Sisu but ccfc that need the money

skybluegod

Keep him for 12 months and his value could possibly triple/quadruple if he can do it in the championship (should we go up)

itsabuzzard

They are never going to call in the debt, that would be like the bailiffs showing up at your gaff looking for a couple of million, you’d just laugh at them. They would never get the money back. I’m not sure what they have to sell, but it’s not going to cover the (I think) £75m they’ve put in. They’re stuck with us unless they decide to write off the whole thing.

Apologies if you’re a milllionaire :)
Exactly. The money isn't there to claw back.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Some people yes. Clearly attendances are down on where they were however... and not in the hundreds.

Now, it's inevitable players are sold, and if anybody's surprised they're mad or deluded. But... there's no misplaced boycott to starve SISU out. It's not the responsibility of the everyday fan who finds it more hassle / finds it a bit uncomfortable going / can't go to stop McCallum being sold. Ownership of that is with the club and owners, and other parties. Choose your poison... but it ain't the fans.

What about people who choose not to go and have also said they "boycott" moaning about players being sold?

Ring Of Steel

This comment was in reply to a post moaning that we always sell our BEST players in January! I dont think you can counter that with 'we sold JCH'. He wasnt even close to being our best player! He wasnt even our best sub!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
I never made that point, I was just saying who got sold.

David O'Day

There's some proper plenty wetters on here. McCallum isn't going for 1 and a half million.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

SBAndy

I am not sure the point of quoting Maddison and Wilson and saying we should ask for millions. These two are very much exceptions to League 1 players

We are selling a League 1 player who has some potential not an England international and Premier League regular

So, for example, Jack Stacey or James Justin? Who left Luton for £4m and £8m respectively in the summer? This emphasises why we need to keep McCallum until the summer.

pusbccfc

The flip side of that though is how much will

Ben Stevenson
George Thomas

both go for

Well it all depends on how highly CCFC rate McCallum. Not quite sure many at the club, or even the supporters, thought that highly of the two mentioned above.

McCallum won't be as good as Maddison, but it seems that we rate him a lot higher than other young players we've sold.

Keeping hold of McCallum now doesn't seem to be a risk unless he gets injured. He's only going to get better and if he finishes in the top 6 with us and we enter the 5th round of the cup, it adds to his value.

cooperskyblue

We MUST keep him until atleast the summer. We are fighting for promotion and IF we can get promoted we are in a stronger position to either keep him again or sell for a much higher price. If we were to sell now we.would be doing ourselves a massive injustice in regards to how much money we could be losing out on in 6 months time.

AStonesThrow

Well it all depends on how highly CCFC rate McCallum. Not quite sure many at the club, or even the supporters, thought that highly of the two mentioned above.

McCallum won't be as good as Maddison, but it seems that we rate him a lot higher than other young players we've sold.

Keeping hold of McCallum now doesn't seem to be a risk unless he gets injured. He's only going to get better and if he finishes in the top 6 with us and we enter the 5th round of the cup, it adds to his value.
Not only that, regular first team minutes under his belt will be invaluable. Better for him that sitting around in a ‘big’ clubs u23s aside from the money factor

Users who are viewing this thread