Robins plays down McG chances (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Same, it was good to see Marlon King scoring and I was genuinely looking forward to the next season after that :facepalm:

I think it was against reading who were one of the best in the league at the time and we sent toe to toe with them. I thought yes keep this team next season and we are finally going to be back.
Unfortunately RR quit deluded admitted RR had forgotten more about football than he knew.
The summer happened and my illusions were shattered.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thorns spell from March to the end of that season. Roland Nielsons and Eric Blacks.

Apart from those periods it's has been painful till now under MR

Could also argue the 2nd half of the first season at the Ricoh under MA. However-when was the last time we actually ever had one good full season? Not in a very long time, and hopefully MR can deliver that next year.

dongonzalos

Could also argue the 2nd half of the first season at the Ricoh under MA. However-when was the last time we actually ever had one good full season? Not in a very long time, and hopefully MR can deliver that next year.

Bloody hell a whole good season, was it when we were dubbed the entertainers

dongonzalos

I think it was against reading who were one of the best in the league at the time and we sent toe to toe with them. I thought yes keep this team next season and we are finally going to be back.
Unfortunately RR quit deluded admitted RR had forgotten more about football than he knew.
The summer happened and my illusions were shattered.

Yes this was it look at the stats

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/13174397

torchomatic

Cause and effect, my dear Valiant. We wouldn't be where we are today without Richardson selling our home. I'm sure you wouldn't be so forgiving if it had been SISU.

You really need to move on from the richardson era torch,its ancient history that cant be changed. I'm interested in what happens now,once this rancid hedge fund have gone im sure i won't be going on about them in 2022.

torchomatic

I actually do agree with you; we should concentrate on the here and now and what is happening to the club at the present time. But being a generally miserable sod with a raging hate for Bryan Richardson I cannot help myself thinking that this really is all his fault.

Probably not at the time,but over ten years on they'd be long forgotten about.

Grendel

cloughie

I also have a raging hate for Bryan Richardson and also I cannot help myself thinking that this really is his fault, compounded by sisu

valiant15

I wonder where we'd be now though if we hadn't of gone down that season and his plan to move to a bigger stadium in the prem would of happened?

dongonzalos

Yes they were heady days. 3 wins in ten. Mid table form. You also forgot the first three games this season (sorry 2 and a half).

Yes, I think it came on the back of one win in 18 and a load of hoofball. So i remember been quite relieved to have a win in every three and suddenly taking on and matching the likes of reading and burnley with draws in which we dominated playing passing football.

It was very refreshing at the time I was full of optimism a bit like now.

That is why I said it when someone asked when was the last time we played good football.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes, I think it came on the back of one win in 18 and a load of hoofball. So i remember been quite relieved to have a win in every three and suddenly taking on and matching the likes of reading and burnley with draws in which we dominated playing passing football.

It was very refreshing at the time I was full of optimism a bit like now.

That is why I said it when someone asked when was the last time we played good football.

Were many here complaining when that same hoofball had us in the play-offs in December and the manager responsible brought in King?

dongonzalos

Were many here complaining when that same hoofball had us in the play-offs in December and the manager responsible brought in King?

May have been on my own here but I was pissed off with us signing Marlon.
I enjoyed us winning I expected we would be found out due to the Colchester fans telling us we would have a good half season then get found out. There would be no plan B and we would have a shocker of a second half.

Whilst I enjoyed the wins I hoped he had a plan B involving a passing game and he didn't use it at Colchester due to the players

Brighton Sky Blue

May have been on my own here but I was pissed off with us signing Marlon.
I enjoyed us winning I expected we would be found out due to the Colchester fans telling us we would have a good half season then get found out. There would be no plan B and we would have a shocker of a second half.

Whilst I enjoyed the wins I hoped he had a plan B involving a passing game and he didn't use it at Colchester due to the players

I thought he'd always come across well when he spoke and put a lot into making his teams hard to beat. He's probably found his level with Northampton in all fairness-though if he learns how to come up with a different style then he could do something good there.

Grendel

I thought he'd always come across well when he spoke and put a lot into making his teams hard to beat. He's probably found his level with Northampton in all fairness-though if he learns how to come up with a different style then he could do something good there.

What's thorns level? Cleaning the toilets at Northampton?

Users who are viewing this thread