Robins plays down McG chances (1 Viewer)

Danceswithhorses

We can't really extend it... He's in his last year.
We could've put a transfer price, but I suppose Forest would want to see how well he did before deciding what price they'd sell him, plus, if other clubs matched the bid, we'd still have to compete with the salary aspect...

Incorrect-The fact he's in his last year of contract has nothing at all to do with how long we can loan him for ??
Incorrect-We could have put an agreed transfer price in the agreement...obviously the problem would have been actually paying the transfer fee though lol

Mucca Mad Boys

Incorrect-The fact he's in his last year of contract has nothing at all to do with how long we can loan him for ??
Incorrect-We could have put an agreed transfer price in the agreement...obviously the problem would have been actually paying the transfer fee though lol

I never said it can't happen, it just won't, because Forest want to make a return on their investment, what stupid team would loan a player out for a season, when that player only has a year left on his contract!?

When he came to CCFC, by jan, he would've been worth 50-100k, now he's worth about 250k, so no. If we agreed 100k, but another interested party offer 200k, what then?

covmark

quote from DMC in yesterdays paper
"There's a long way to go this season, but we've got enough quality to be challenging", sounds like he's in it for the long haul. Heres hoping :D

Nick

Administrator
I would like to see him stay and SISU should see that if they want to go anywhere we need a goalscorer.

I wonder if we will get a "He is staying" headline like we had with King for him to just swan off?

Mucca Mad Boys

quote from DMC in yesterdays paper
"There's a long way to go this season, but we've got enough quality to be challenging", sounds like he's in it for the long haul. Heres hoping :D

He keeps dropping subtle hints... Which will be annoying if he leaves.

Danceswithhorses

I never said it can't happen, it just won't, because Forest want to make a return on their investment, what stupid team would loan a player out for a season, when that player only has a year left on his contract!?

When he came to CCFC, by jan, he would've been worth 50-100k, now he's worth about 250k, so no. If we agreed 100k, but another interested party offer 200k, what then?

Those figures are clearly just made up...but if we'd have agreed 100k, then we'd have done a good deal

Mucca Mad Boys

Those figures are clearly just made up...but if we'd have agreed 100k, then we'd have done a good deal

They're guesstimates what I think he is worth at them times, but even now, more than 250k would be paying over the odds, I hope we go over the odds, and I think we'll be more likely than say Leeds, because we know what we're getting whereas say Leeds, he might not do well there.

Grendel

I don't think you can apply it to Bigi, he was wanted by a big team in the prem, and has made a few 1st team appearances, and scored a quality goal 2 (something like that) games ago, so I won't buy he left purely for money, he had an amazing career opportunity - he took it with both hands!

Reminds me of when Kevin Keegan went to Hamburg for the challenge. One journalist said why not go to Crewe that would be a challenge.

Don't think he would have gone to Newcastle for less money.

Ultimately that's all it is about.

Mucca Mad Boys

Reminds me of when Kevin Keegan went to Hamburg for the challenge. One journalist said why not go to Crewe that would be a challenge.

Don't think he would have gone to Newcastle for less money.

Ultimately that's all it is about.

I don't disagree with that entirely. But if Newcastle offered the same wage he was on at CCFC, he would still leave, pushing it, maybe even less, it was a great opportunity for a young player, someone who is only a year older than I.

Keenan, that point is funny, I agree with that, but what is Bigi going to achieve at CCFC, he was a chance to better himself at Newcastle.

I know it's not you, but in this case, don't be so cynical, £€$¥ played a big part, but it was a massive career opportunity.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't disagree with that entirely. But if Newcastle offered the same wage he was on at CCFC, he would still leave, pushing it, maybe even less, it was a great opportunity for a young player, someone who is only a year older than I.

Keenan, that point is funny, I agree with that, but what is Bigi going to achieve at CCFC, he was a chance to better himself at Newcastle.

I know it's not you, but in this case, don't be so cynical, £€$¥ played a big part, but it was a massive career opportunity.

Jumped right into David Brent's grave that man-the paper industry can definitely be cold blooded at times.

nunchuckas

If/when McGoldrick does leave, we should try and tempt Aloisi out of retirement. He'd be quality at this level and is only 36...

We've done worse!

SkyBlueScottie

It's a shame Cody is obviously way off the pace. I'd of liked to see him getting some game time in prep for McG leaving.

I personally think Cody has not played so Robins can get him up to some sort of speed through training. He mentioned that he needed some more training and if required he should come back fresh and ready to go.

Shame we didnt put a clause in his loan contract regarding extending it if he did well, or heaven forbid, a transfer price :facepalm:

Of course all of that needs to be agreed by Forest.....

covandy

it would be great to to keep him but i think he only came to us because he knew he could score goals in this league and wanted to put himself in the shop window

wingy

forrest sound like they're gonna need the money ,those wealthy backers may not have been quite so wealthy,paid players one day late last month and have had a change of Chairman.:thinking about:

stupot07

I have heard he is on 18k pw so no way we can compete. That could be BS of course! Fingers crossed! PUSB!

That wouldn't surprise me, there was an article in the independent earlier this year saying that forest were losing £1m per month.

Sky Blue Kid

McGoldrick has said, He loves it at Cov, but, "Has other things to consider" make of that what you will.:thinking about:

Grendel

That wouldn't surprise me, there was an article in the independent earlier this year saying that forest were losing £1m per month.

Nor me. They have 7 players in addition to mcgoldrick who have not been offered new deals.

Grendel

McGoldrick has said, He loves it at Cov, but, "Has other things to consider" make of that what you will.:thinking about:

He's considering his wallet.

McG has already stated when asked on CWR that it is out of his hands and left with his agent and the club to sort out.
Hardly suggesting any real commitment to the Sky Blues cause but as usual the agent will be touting him to the highest bidder so I'm not holding out much hope of him staying.

shmmeee

He's considering his wallet.

And why not to be fair. He's not a Cov fan and will have a limited time to make hay while the sun shines.

I'm just glad he's performed how he has. If he stays great, if not he's still pushed us forward as a team an hopefully some of that impact will remain.

Grendel

And why not to be fair. He's not a Cov fan and will have a limited time to make hay while the sun shines.

I'm just glad he's performed how he has. If he stays great, if not he's still pushed us forward as a team an hopefully some of that impact will remain.

I'm not criticising. It's reality. Some thread earlier seemed to be shut down when someone dared to suggest bigiamara was also always going to go to the club who paid him the most money. It's nonsense to suggest a footballer has an emotional attachment to any club - they always go to the highest bidder.

shmmeee

I'm not criticising. It's reality. Some thread earlier seemed to be shut down when someone dared to suggest bigiamara was also always going to go to the club who paid him the most money. It's nonsense to suggest a footballer has an emotional attachment to any club - they always go to the highest bidder.

See while I don't think the thread should be shut down Bigi would be slightly different. But he was badly treated by Thorn and the club were looking to sell. My guess is if Robins was here in the summer Bigi would still be here. I hear a lot about how he was unhappy.

I mean how is it right we ended up playing him less than Newcastle are now?

Sorry gone off topic a bit.

Tonylinc

See while I don't think the thread should be shut down Bigi would be slightly different. But he was badly treated by Thorn and the club were looking to sell. My guess is if Robins was here in the summer Bigi would still be here. I hear a lot about how he was unhappy.

That's OK shmmee go off topic any time you like....I did not know that Bigi was unhappy. Where did this come from? However, getting back to DM I have a gut feeling that he will stay. I don't really know why I just do. Am I mad?

Godiva

The club does not have what it takes to pay his wages at the moment - and there's also the FFP regulation to consider.
But maybe some creative agreement can be made ... all depending on the player wanting to stay.

1. Goldie extend his contract at Nottingham with 1 year on the existing terms
2. Nottingham extend the loan move to us for the rest of the season on existing terms
3. The clubs agree to a sell price in the summer on the condition ccfc is promoted (if better offers from other clubs ccfc has to match that or opt out)
4. Goldie and ccfc agree terms for a future contract (if legal?)

If he stays and continue his goalscoring he will increase in value, which is good for both Nottingham and Goldie (and of course ccfc).
Goldie may get to play on Wembley, great opportunity for him.

The difference between his pay at Nottingham and what we pay on loan terms can be repaid as part of the future transfer fee.

dongonzalos

Schmee with all due respect I think any offer above half a million for any of our players would be accepted at the moment. Bigi in SISU eyes was worth a million.
They will not reject any offer they think is fair for any player.

Grendel

Schmee with all due respect I think any offer above half a million for any of our players would be accepted at the moment. Bigi in SISU eyes was worth a million.
They will not reject any offer they think is fair for any player.

Especially when the manager at the time did not rate him.

dongonzalos

Especially when the manager at the time did not rate him.

The manager could rate or hate the player that won't be even a consideration.

He rated Juke he went.

Basically any offer we get for a player they will accept.

Personally as long as the manager is then allowed to adequately replace the player I understand it if we are skint.

We lost Bigi got fleck Barton Jennings bailey moussaka

Grendel

The manager could rate or hate the player that won't be even a consideration.

He rated Juke he went.

Basically any offer we get for a player they will accept.

Personally as long as the manager is then allowed to adequately replace the player I understand it if we are skint.

We lost Bigi got fleck Barton Jennings bailey moussaka

Sisu stopped Thorn playing him last season? He made 16 starts. For many weeks despite our so called pathetic squad he couldn't even get on the bench.

Wow -- that's some accusation.

Grendel

Was that reply for me?

Well that was your response to my comment Thorn did not rate him -- did not start him in 30 games and also played him out of position most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread