Robins on CWR (1 Viewer)

better days

I think some contributors overestimate what our wage bill is for this season
Essentially those players who were here last season will be on the same or similar wages as in L1
There are higher bonuses but these are only earned by results so the overall cost of bonuses will be less than last season
Some of the players we bought in this season will be on higher wages as they joined at Championship level
But they are the minority so our overall wage bill will be a fraction of most other teams in the division
As far as leaders is concerned I'd say McFadz, Kelly, O'Hare (by example) and now Eccles are the only stand-outs
Hamer goes missing when the going gets tough instead of keeping showing for the ball like O'Hare does

Nick

Administrator
It is possible to accept there are mitigating factors as to why we are struggling and be critical of selections and tactics at the same time.

Depends, when it gets pointed out people won't have it and it instantly turns into "hands are tied" type stuff.

It's exactly like Thorn. That Bury game with Thorn in charge where every fan in the ground could see it needed changing and nothing happened. It's happened in god knows how many games this season.

clint van damme

Depends, when it gets pointed out people won't have it and it instantly turns into "hands are tied" type stuff.

It's exactly like Thorn. That Bury game with Thorn in charge where every fan in the ground could see it needed changing and nothing happened. It's happened in god knows how many games this season.

There's been several games like that. I don't think anyone would argue different.
But that doesn't mean other factors haven't impacted our season.

cc84cov

There's been several games like that. I don't think anyone would argue different.
But that doesn't mean other factors haven't impacted our season.
His stubborn ways are taking us down it’s that simple,had he set up more positive or made positive changes we wouldn’t be sitting where we are...it entirely lies with that clown robins

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I always remember Forest away and Bristol away when we got relegated. 2 total car crashes of games. Thorn should have been sacked after one of them.

clint van damme

His stubborn ways are taking us down it’s that simple,had he set up more positive or made positive changes we wouldn’t be sitting where we are...it entirely lies with that clown robins

Its not entirely with him but there are games where he's been too slow to make changes. Only a fool would argue otherwise.

PVA

Or... Had he set up more positive in games we might have been more exposed defensively and lost a few points here and there.

We'll never know either way.

Calling him a clown though is just fucking pathetic.

cc84cov

Or... Had he set up more positive in games we might have been more exposed defensively and lost a few points here and there.

We'll never know either way.

Calling him a clown though is just fucking pathetic.
Brum,Forest twice,Wycombe I can go on he’s cost us points with his death row boring negative football

cc84cov

He built the entire team that got promoted twice
As I’ve said past 3 months “robins isn’t tactically at this level he’s never a championship level manager” we’re witnessing it in full flow now as we saw yesterday and previously his team sheets show he’s well out of his depth

cc84cov

Yeah Hamer and Dabo are atrocious.

(I know Dabo isn't foreign, but was signed from a foreign team)
Hamer over £1m ? You would expect he would be good you can’t include Dabo as he basically was from Chelsea

Who else has been great ?

fernandopartridge

As I’ve said past 3 months “robins isn’t tactically at this level he’s never a championship level manager” we’re witnessing it in full flow now as we saw yesterday and previously his team sheets show he’s well out of his depth

Make your mind up

Is it tactics?
Is it recruitment?
Is it "losing the dressing room"?
Is it selection?

You come up with every cliché under the sun. You have no actual answers though do you?

Reactions: PVA

PVA

Hamer over £1m ? You would expect he would be good you can’t include Dabo as he basically was from Chelsea

Who else has been great ?

"the foreign signings have been atrocious apart from those that have been really good"

clint van damme

So who do you think could do better with basically a L1 squad and also improve the recruitment?

cc84cov

1 million is not major money in this league
It is for us tho isn’t it ? It’s the biggest fee since Freddy Eastwood there for I think it wasn’t a risk to sign him...

Hamer aside who else has come off as a good foreign signings ? Or have they been shite like I originally said ?

cc84cov

OK I phrased it poorly I admit.

How many games has Dabo played for a team in London?
Doesn’t matter how many games he’s from Chelsea academy where our assistant manager came from lol oh dear you are getting yourself in a muddle here

cc84cov

I'm pretty sure this guy is just trying to copy grendel in being the forum troll
No mate it’s just my opinion 🤷🏻‍♂️ The manager is displaying signs he’s not at the level and his foreign signings have been shit

Can you point out which part you don’t agree with and I’ll explain my reasons

My view doesn’t agree with yours so I’m a troll 🤣

clint van damme

It is for us tho isn’t it ? It’s the biggest fee since Freddy Eastwood there for I think it wasn’t a risk to sign him...

Hamer aside who else has come off as a good foreign signings ? Or have they been shite like I originally said ?

Kastaneer and Jobello haven't worked out.
But every single club has signings that don't work out.

SkyBlue_Bear83

No mate it’s just my opinion 🤷🏻‍♂️ The manager is displaying signs he’s not at the level and his foreign signings have been shit

Can you point out which part you don’t agree with and I’ll explain my reasons

My view doesn’t agree with yours so I’m a troll 🤣
I'm not your mate

procdoc

@PVA and @procdoc reckon they’re gonna spend £20m on a striker in the summer so it must be!
I never said they would spend that. I said there is a 20m buyout clause. That was reported by a journalist, not something that was made up by anyone on here. Just google it yourself and you will find the article about it

Last edited:

PVA

Doesn’t matter how many games he’s from Chelsea academy where our assistant manager came from lol oh dear you are getting yourself in a muddle here

So you think he was signed purely on the basis of his connections with Viveash, and nothing to do with his time in Holland?

Don't just take my word for it, take our head of recruitment's:

"But from a recruitment perspective, it hasn’t been a case of Adi knows him so let’s sign him.

The work was done on Dabo as it is on every single player. Myself, personally, and Stu Bentham have probably got four or five years of back data on the player.”

cc84cov

So you think he was signed purely on the basis of his connections with Viveash, and nothing to do with his time in Holland?

Don't just take my word for it, take our head of recruitment's:

"But from a recruitment perspective, it hasn’t been a case of Adi knows him so let’s sign him.

The work was done on Dabo as it is on every single player. Myself, personally, and Stu Bentham have probably got four or five years of back data on the player.”
Regarding the media stuff I take with a pinch of salt I would put good money on

1 AV put him onto dabo
2 Dabo came because of AV

PVA

Regarding the media stuff I take with a pinch of salt I would put good money on

1 AV put him onto dabo
2 Dabo came because of AV

That's literally the opposite of what our head of recruitment says and strangely enough I'll take his word over the man who thinks our best manager in years is a clown.

cc84cov

That's literally the opposite of what our head of recruitment says and strangely enough I'll take his word over the man who thinks our best manager in years is a clown.
That’s your opinion fella your entitled to it

Nick

Administrator
Make your mind up

Is it tactics?
Is it recruitment?
Is it "losing the dressing room"?
Is it selection?

You come up with every cliché under the sun. You have no actual answers though do you?

Whatever he can copy and paste 100000 times.

Banging on like James was prime Pirlo over and over.

Users who are viewing this thread