Robins on CWR (4 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

MR's comments are totally baffling and at odds to what's going on on the pitch.

If he's truly wanting them to be more attacking why is he filling the team with defensive minded players, esp in midfield? Why do we seem to come out after half time in games we're doing quite well in and become more like we're playing for the draw than trying to win?

If the team aren't following instructions why isn't he on the touchline telling them what he wants them to do instead? If the team was so poor yesterday why not make HT changes to make a statement of his discontent?

Evo1883

So if you are a manager whose inherited players on large contracts from a previous manager and have no money to spend on new players have you a bigger budget than someone who can spend £2.5m on new players in the close season?
Yes but you still have certain players , Sunderland an example aiden mcgeady who are already at or above the level you are playing at .

cc84cov

MR's comments are totally baffling and at odds to what's going on on the pitch.

If he's truly wanting them to be more attacking why is he filling the team with defensive minded players, esp in midfield? Why do we seem to come out after half time in games we're doing quite well in and become more like we're playing for the draw than trying to win?

If the team aren't following instructions why isn't he on the touchline telling them what he wants them to do instead? If the team was so poor yesterday why not make HT changes to make a statement of his discontent?
He’s lost the plot is what your witnessing

Grendel

Which squads do you think we have similar quality players to?

Wycombe, Rotherham, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Luton, Millwall I have t seen them but I suspect Preston are no great shakes either. Oh and Birmingham

Evo1883

Sundeland entered the league with a £40m wage bill so that’s a big budget isn’t it?

It's huge but they are a club who are working backwards with their wage bill trying to reduce it ..

Remember how many levels we dropped when we reduced our wage bill gradually over 10 years ...pretty sure we went to the bottom tier ...

Sunderland have also just been taken over

Grendel

It's huge but they are a club who are working backwards with their wage bill trying to reduce it ..

Remember how many levels we dropped when we reduced our wage bill gradually over 10 years ...pretty sure we went to the bottom tier ...

There are several clubs in the championship with the same problem aren’t there?

Evo1883

There are several clubs in the championship with the same problem aren’t there?

Yes ..but as mentioned many of them already have good players on high wages ..they've added players on less money .

I mean these teams still have some quality in their ranks to begin with

Even Sheffield Wednesday who have been so mismanaged in the last 3 or 4 years since missing out in the playoffs

Grendel

Yes ..but as mentioned many of them already have good players on high wages ..they've added players on less money .

I mean these teams still have some quality in their ranks to begin with

Even Sheffield Wednesday who have been so mismanaged in the last 3 or 4 years since missing out in the playoffs

But if robins is as good as you claim he should over achieve his budget position or he’s just average then?

Frostie

Please God don't encourage him to keep banging it in any way. It wouldn't be so bad if he found different ways to say it!

He's been banging it for 4 years, since the League Two season. Whenever Robins does leave be it this year, next year or in 10 years time he'll ignore everything achieved & still claim he was right all along.

Evo1883

But if robins is as good as you claim he should over achieve his budget position or he’s just average then?

Overachiveing our budget position ...would be us finishing 21st or 22nd .

Staying up would be financially over achieving .

Survival will give us a real chance to kick on ...I'm absolutely positive mark Robins said that himself recently

Grendel

Overachiveing our budget position ...would be us finishing 21st or 22nd .

Staying up would be financially over achieving .

Survival will give us a real chance to kick on ...I'm absolutely positive mark Robins said that himself recently

To kick on we need a new manager

Grendel

His overall management record is average and finishing 6th in league 2 is pretty average

He’s had one very good season with us and a couple at Rotherham

Grendel

Because there's loads of managers out there who can take this club to the mid - higher reaches of the championship with a 4-5 million pound budget .

Our wages alone were higher than that in league 2

clint van damme

Wycombe, Rotherham, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Luton, Millwall I have t seen them but I suspect Preston are no great shakes either. Oh and Birmingham

3 of them are below us and Luton have Collins on the bench who would walk into our side, (looks like he's leaving there and I would target signing him).
I suspect blues and Derby have much bigger budgets yet Blues are in the relegation scrap with us and Derby not far above it.

Grendel

No they weren't at all

It was once £4.6 wasn’t it and £5.2 the following season in league 1? Since then we’ve signed Mcfazdean Allen Godden o hare Marosi jonello hamer Walker Kastaneer also wage increases in contracts tied to promotion - our wheat fees in the promotion season were some of the highest

D

Deleted member 11652

Because there's loads of managers out there who can take this club to the mid - higher reaches of the championship with a 4-5 million pound budget .

It's not 2001

£4-5m? We’ve spent £2m on Walker and Hamer alone?

Evo1883

It was once £4.6 wasn’t it and £5.2 the following season in league 1? Since then we’ve signed Mcfazdean Allen Godden o hare Marosi jonello hamer Walker Kastaneer also wage increases in contracts tied to promotion - our wheat fees in the promotion season were some of the highest

I mean to have a wage bill of 5.4 million you'd have to have 26 players on 4000 a week .

Grendel

I mean to have a wage bill of 5.4 million you'd have to have 26 players on 4000 a week .

I got my years mixed up it was £4.7m before we signed those players it will be close to £10 million now as a guess

Frostie

Ours was £5.2m in the 2019 accounts (less than Southend, Scunthorpe, Fleetwood etc.) whilst same year...

Derby £46.8m
Sheff Wed £42.4m
Forest £36.3m
Birmingham £32.8m

Evo1883

I got my years mixed up it was £4.7m before we signed those players it will be close to £10 million now as a guess

You think our wage bill is close to 10 million

No wonder you're so angry about Robins 😁

Super Graham Withey

Our wage bill in League 2 was £4/£5m. I'd say it's around £8/£9m now. To put this in context Millwall's wage bill last season was around £16m, Preston's around £18m. My guess is that our wage bill is higher than that of Wycombe and Rotherham, maybe on a par with that of Barnsley and possibly Luton and considerably below anyone else in The Championship.

Grendel

Ours was £5.2m in the 2019 accounts (less than Southend, Scunthorpe, Fleetwood etc.) whilst same year...

Derby £46.8m
Sheff Wed £42.4m
Forest £36.3m
Birmingham £32.8m

Which proves wage bills have not a huge factor in league position

At last you are seeing the light

Evo1883

Derby £46.8m
Sheff Wed £42.4m
Forest £36.3m
Birmingham £32.8m
Worth noting that the sites that give you that information will be based solely on player wages ... I'm assuming our wage bill touted isn't just player wages but every single wage at the club right down to the ticket office lady

Frostie

Worth noting that the sites that give you that information will be based solely on player wages ... I'm assuming our wage bill touted isn't just player wages but every single wage at the club right down to the ticket office lady

That's from each of their published accounts.

Evo1883

Which proves wage bills have not a huge factor in league position

At last you are seeing the light
3 of those 4 sides recently pushed for promotion , hence the larger wage bills .

You can't (in blues case ) count for terrible mismanagement

Users who are viewing this thread