Robins’ Transfer Success Rate (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Grimmer is a very limited player. Sterling was a massive upgrade on him. Then Dabo was a massive upgrade on both of them.

Disagree, Grimmer is better.

Sorry I'm still haunted by some of Sterling's displays that season 2 years ago. Particularly Rovers Away.

Grimmer playing championship. Sterling rotting in Chelsea under 23s. With no sign of any proper football barring 8 games he played for Wigan in 1.5 seasons since he played for us.

mr_monkey

It's all very subjective lol.

But Grimmer was excellent I'd give him 10. I still dont get why king Robins played Sterling ahead of him!!! Unforgivable lol.

We must have watched very different games then, grimmer (apart from a couple of excellent goals of course) was bang average but did his bit with the fans so will always be thought of as better than he was... And Davies 🙈

Londonccfcfan

We must have watched very different games then, grimmer (apart from a couple of excellent goals of course) was bang average but did his bit with the fans so will always be thought of as better than he was... And Davies 🙈

It was obvious Sterling had to play ( conjecture about Ioan condition) etc.

Sterling was awful first half is season. Probably expected as it was his first loan in league 1.

Grimmer more than proved himself in league 2 for us. Did not much wrong in league 1 for us.

Anyway I'm happy he subsequently got promoted from league 1 with wycombe more than proving himself and by all accounts doing well in championship.

Sterling you would have thought would have played more than 8 senior games in 1.5 seasons since his loan at Wigan. in 3 transfer windows.

mr_monkey

It was obvious Sterling had to play ( conjecture about Ioan condition) etc.

Sterling was awful first half is season. Probably expected as it was his first loan in league 1.

Grimmer more than proved himself in league 2 for us. Did not much wrong in league 1 for us.

Anyway I'm happy he subsequently got promoted from league 1 with wycombe more than proving himself and by all accounts doing well in championship.

Sterling you would have thought would have played more than 8 senior games in 1.5 seasons since his loan at Wigan. in 3 transfer windows.

Sterling is a weird one, obviously much much better than grimmer in everyway but has stuttered after leaving us but hopefully will find somewhere to settle soon as he is a cracking player

I take it you haven't watched any of Wycombe this season, grimmer has been awful (as he was when we played against them in league one) he is only thought of so highly because he did the twitter "bantz", same as davies

rob9872

I take it you haven't watched any of Wycombe this season, grimmer has been awful (as he was when we played against them in league one) he is only thought of so highly because he did the twitter "bantz", same as davies
I take it you're making things up as he didn't play against us in L1, he was injured and the home game didn't get played. Not great in the recent game I'll grant you, but cant judge on one game. Mostly I've been watching City so not seen enough of him to criticise.

Londonccfcfan

Sterling is a weird one, obviously much much better than grimmer in everyway but has stuttered after leaving us but hopefully will find somewhere to settle soon as he is a cracking player

He's another I cut extra slack for as he's a good bloke too!

Won't hear a bad word about Grimmer.

Yeah Dujon should have progressed. Something isn't right if he doesn't get a half season loan in league 1 at least this window. I think he would struggle to get into a championship team as right back. Maybe il be proved wrong.

Londonccfcfan

I take it you're making things up as he didn't play against us in L1, he was injured and the home game didn't get played. Not great in the recent game I'll grant you, but cant judge on one game. Mostly I've been watching City so not seen enough of him to criticise.

He played centre back against us too.

Wycombe havnt really done worse than us defensively. They really have surprised everyone. They just can't score.

mr_monkey

Yeah Dujon should have progressed. Something isn't right if he doesn't get a half season loan in league 1 at least this window. I think he would struggle to get into a championship team as right back. Maybe il be proved wrong.

I've got nowt against him as a bloke was more the fact that he was rated a 10/10 signing that was all :)

I hope Stirling kicks on as he potentially is championship class, if we didn't have dabo I'd happily have him back here

mr_monkey

I must be getting confused about another ex player against us then, apologies.... I swear he has played against us since he left but I must be getting my overated ex players muddled up

stevefloyd

Not sure if it was fitness or not with Stirling but when he lost the ball instead of busting a gut to win it back he seemed to amble back but decent going forward, Grimmer was a lovely decent human being and tried hard for us but as the op says not a patch on Dabo who on his day is immense

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I agree, won’t have a bad word said agaisnt grimmer - but we’ve upgraded on him twice since. Sterling and Dabo are far better players

Sky Blue Pete

Very interesting when a club progresses as we have. You have to be ruthless letting players go to progress.

This is perhaps what the club have done the best at

Gibbo

HOW we build the team cost effectively is just as important as WHO or in WHAT POSITION?

The idea of building up the squad for long term is for the fairies. Over 80% of the squad, excluding fringe players. have arrived in the last two years. If you want success, Robins' skill has to be in managing something that is of necessity highly fluid. JH was great at that incidentally (5 different centre forwards 1963-1966)

The most successful acquisition method is from out of contract frees (33%), but this probably gets less as you rise because the pool of potential targets becomes less. 7 of them last year but none this (excluding Europeans). As you rise, more players are probably bought or ‘loan to acquire’. Challenge for SISU.

As we get to know this League better, that may change - Giles, Marosi, MacF & Allen all joined after we played against them in the League.

Players like Allen, Shipley maybe Rose and very possibly Max have a useful role as squad members. Is it worth hunting for better when they usually just sit on the bench?

Attachments

• Transfersthisone.pdf
    113.6 KB · Views: 6

shmmeee

HOW we build the team cost effectively is just as important as WHO or in WHAT POSITION?

The idea of building up the squad for long term is for the fairies. Over 80% of the squad, excluding fringe players. have arrived in the last two years. If you want success, Robins' skill has to be in managing something that is of necessity highly fluid. JH was great at that incidentally (5 different centre forwards 1963-1966)

The most successful acquisition method is from out of contract frees (33%), but this probably gets less as you rise because the pool of potential targets becomes less. 7 of them last year but none this (excluding Europeans). As you rise, more players are probably bought or ‘loan to acquire’. Challenge for SISU.

As we get to know this League better, that may change - Giles, Marosi, MacF & Allen all joined after we played against them in the League.

Players like Allen, Shipley maybe Rose and very possibly Max have a useful role as squad members. Is it worth hunting for better when they usually just sit on the bench?

Hilßner, Kasta, Allen, and Jobello all cost an undisclosed fee.

Users who are viewing this thread