How Would You Rate Our Transfer Dealings This Window? (Jan 18) (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueCRJ

Bit harsh on DKE, he’s only a kid in his first pro season.

Is it? He's 21 and hasn't shown many signs of progression this season. Albiet I wouldn't want to see him released as he has talent and heart, but he needs to be consistently played. Hence why in my opinion he should've been sent out on loan.

Nick

Administrator
Rate the dealing rubbish we let Stevenson go when his value would only have increased, people on here saying we need to sell well if we are running the club with no interference from you know who where is the money going Checkatrade money F A cup money lord knows if we had not got that then Willis ,Bayliss MacNulty and anyone worth anything would have gone . We sign Jonson Clarke Harris 13 first team games in the last 3 years 1 goal , Josh Barrett 4 first team games in 3 years no goals , Jordan McGuire -Drew 14 league games no goals . .WE NEED GOALS. We have still got Beavon and Reid on our books .Hate to have seen a bad window .Very harsh on DKE if some others fringe players showed the same commitment first team player would be being pushed for their places.

What about the fact Stevenson looks to have engineered the move, pulled a sicky from playing for us because of it as well?

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Is that a fact or just supposition many players don't turn out for their teams when transfer deals are in the offering clubs very often say their heads are not in the right place to play . I stand by the rest we need goals can't see where we will get enough to get us over the line.

Terry Gibson's perm

At the start of the month if you had said we would have made these changes I would have been delighted especially JCH, a shame we haven’t managed to rid ourselves of Beavon but hopefully that will happen in the summer and while Reid is here we must think of using him

steve82

Rate the dealing rubbish we let Stevenson go when his value would only have increased, people on here saying we need to sell well if we are running the club with no interference from you know who where is the money going Checkatrade money F A cup money lord knows if we had not got that then Willis ,Bayliss MacNulty and anyone worth anything would have gone . We sign Jonson Clarke Harris 13 first team games in the last 3 years 1 goal , Josh Barrett 4 first team games in 3 years no goals , Jordan McGuire -Drew 14 league games no goals . .WE NEED GOALS. We have still got Beavon and Reid on our books .Hate to have seen a bad window .Very harsh on DKE if some others fringe players showed the same commitment first team player would be being pushed for their places.

Is that a fact or just supposition many players don't turn out for their teams when transfer deals are in the offering clubs very often say their heads are not in the right place to play . I stand by the rest we need goals can't see where we will get enough to get us over the line.

Out of interest who was you hoping a L2 side would bring in to get goals in January?

Nick

Administrator

Do they all get their dad's to phone up just before the game they were due to play in?

Esoterica

We've scored 8 goals in our last 3 home games from 6 different goalscorers: Willis, Grimmer, Doyle, McNulty, Biamou, Shipley. We need to tweak the tactics away from home and improve the form there but it's not as a lack of goalscoring in the team.

Esoterica

My other concern is that we've brought 3 players in, none of whom are match fit. They might look good signings on paper in terms of pedigree and being what the squad was lacking but how long til they can fully contribute?

fernandopartridge

You're a clueless buffoon. We scored 3 on Tuesday night and 3 the last home game before that. Imbecile.

Nick

Administrator
My other concern is that we've brought 3 players in, none of whom are match fit. They might look good signings on paper in terms of pedigree and being what the squad was lacking but how long til they can fully contribute?

I think Clarke Harris has been getting bits and bobs for Rotherham from the bench so might not be as bad as the other 2.

Nick

Administrator
He gets a lot of unfair stick, he's done OK at times this season. More importantly, both brothers epitomise the type of character we want to retain. Knobhead fans getting on his back are counter productive.

I think Dion has only lost out due to Grimmer coming in and playing well. Dion is decent backup for Grimmer and like you say brings the right attitude into the squad.

letsallsingtogether

Out of 10 I give it a 3 just in case he comes good.
Not to bothered about Steveson but pissed off he got loaned out to our opposition thou.
Would have thought they would have got him a league 1 team to progress his career.
Then again wolves have previous stole our top scorer then don't play him.

letsallsingtogether

He gets a lot of unfair stick, he's done OK at times this season. More importantly, both brothers epitomise the type of character we want to retain. Knobhead fans getting on his back are counter productive.
Leave him alone then.;)

clint van damme

his effort has been unquestionable, but I thought on Tuesday that he really got involved and influenced the game. Talking to someone at half time they said they thought he was our best player.

While I wouldn't necessarily agree with that I was really impressed with his performance. For a young lad who hasn't played regularly to come in and perform like that against a fairly physical side bodes well for the future.

steve82

I think Clarke Harris has been getting bits and bobs for Rotherham from the bench so might not be as bad as the other 2.

Out the 3 it's JMD who's had the most recent injury I believe, Barrett had Ben Stevenson's cold days into joining on loan.

JCH is fit but likely a little rusty having minimal match time, a fresh start and new perspective and enjoying football again should fix that with match minutes.

With the amount of games coming up all will come in and get minutes.

Esoterica

his effort has been unquestionable, but I thought on Tuesday that he really got involved and influenced the game. Talking to someone at half time they said they thought he was our best player.

While I wouldn't necessarily agree with that I was really impressed with his performance. For a young lad who hasn't played regularly to come in and perform like that against a fairly physical side bodes well for the future.
He did exactly what was needed on Tuesday which was to inject energy and enthusiasm into an otherwise tired team and without him we may well have seen a much more lacklustre start to the game. He didn't provide key moments but was heavily involved in the first goal and contributed well to the game being effectively over at half time (retrospectively!).

Warwickhunt

Both Kelly-Evans’s are what you call good club players and are more likely to stay the course

mechaishida

We start scoring more goals, and someone pops up with CAPITALS ISSUES and claims we require goals.

We've done pretty fucking well since losing JJ, in fact it seems to have liberated some players and we're getting into a very good rhythm.

MR has done particularly well in this otherwise annually disappointing window, and for the first time in over a decade, I'm positive about the team's direction and personnel.

Funny how Glen hasn't been on in so long...

Otis

We start scoring more goals, and someone pops up with CAPITALS ISSUES and claims we require goals.

We've done pretty fucking well since losing JJ, in fact it seems to have liberated some players and we're getting into a very good rhythm.

MR has done particularly well in this otherwise annually disappointing window, and for the first time in over a decade, I'm positive about the team's direction and personnel.

Funny how Glen hasn't been on in so long...
Or CCFC Charlie!

Straight on after the game's over when we lose, saying how bad we are and that we are a poor side and won't get near promotion etc.

Esoterica

Out the 3 it's JMD who's had the most recent injury I believe, Barrett had Ben Stevenson's cold days into joining on loan.

JCH is fit but likely a little rusty having minimal match time, a fresh start and new perspective and enjoying football again should fix that with match minutes.

With the amount of games coming up all will come in and get minutes.
Will he enjoy the football? I know you're happy with him as a signing but there's a lot of supposition there. He could just as easily think he's too good for L2 having dropped down 2 divisions in 18 months, get frustrated he's not starting over Biamou because he thinks he is better than him, then start rowing with Doyle on the pitch at Colchester away (Bowyer/Dyer style) for chipping 20 yard balls at his head in the 10 minutes of sub appearance he gets, causing Doyle to snap their MoM Ben Stevenson in half after he was just stood there grinning at it all and getting himself a 6 game ban and consequently train wrecking the dressing room team spirit ;)

Otis

Will he enjoy the football? I know you're happy with him as a signing but there's a lot of supposition there. He could just as easily think he's too good for L2 having dropped down 2 divisions in 18 months, get frustrated he's not starting over Biamou because he thinks he is better than him, then start rowing with Doyle on the pitch at Colchester away (Bowyer/Dyer style) for chipping 20 yard balls at his head in the 10 minutes of sub appearance he gets, causing Doyle to snap their MoM Ben Stevenson in half after he was just stood their grinning at it all and getting himself a 6 game ban and consequently train wrecking the dressing room team spirit ;)
Much more rain on the Ricoh pitch and I think we might well see Clarke-Harris and Doyle rowing on there.

steve82

Will he enjoy the football? I know you're happy with him as a signing but there's a lot of supposition there. He could just as easily think he's too good for L2 having dropped down 2 divisions in 18 months, get frustrated he's not starting over Biamou because he thinks he is better than him, then start rowing with Doyle on the pitch at Colchester away (Bowyer/Dyer style) for chipping 20 yard balls at his head in the 10 minutes of sub appearance he gets, causing Doyle to snap their MoM Ben Stevenson in half after he was just stood there grinning at it all and getting himself a 6 game ban and consequently train wrecking the dressing room team spirit ;)

Well you played that down well ha ha, low key fall outs!! You forgot fans on the pitch and smoke bomb bottle throwing too.

I get the concerns you raise, it's a gamble for sure but one I'm sure MR has calculated well.

He seems a manager who wants a tight group of players pulling in the same direction, Nazon didn't and was left out. JCH and nazon are not the same characters I know but I trust MR will handle things correctly.

I'm buzzing out my tree for the run in for sure!!

Skyblueweeman

We've scored 8 goals in our last 3 home games from 6 different goalscorers: Willis, Grimmer, Doyle, McNulty, Biamou, Shipley. We need to tweak the tactics away from home and improve the form there but it's not as a lack of goalscoring in the team.

And not only that, goal-scoring was issue for us earlier in the season. That seems to have changed now, something Robins has obviously worked in. Credit to him again.

Londonccfcfan

Contended to say the least, very happy we didnt lose a significant player this season other than through injury.

Happy with squad, have plenty of strength in depth for most positions to see us last through last potentially 20 games.

Also too many changes to squad wpuldnt have been ideal. Freshened it up just a touch. Good work.

Londonccfcfan

Shipley was like a new signing in Oct/Nov..
Bayliss was like a new signing in December.

Vincenti was like a new signing in January also, surprised everyone including me, thought he was out for 3 or 4 months!

Very happy chappie.

steve82

Shipley was like a new signing in Oct/Nov..
Bayliss was like a new signing in December.

Vincenti was like a new signing in January also, surprised everyone including me, thought he was out for 3 or 4 months!

Very happy chappie.

I'm genuinely really pleased today and happy with our squad!

We're a lot stronger than where we were in December which is all you can ask for.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I do hope your optimism "mechaishida " on the goals front turns out to be right But just 1 goal against Exeter or Port Vale and games like them might well tell at the end of the season . Hope not

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
If MR is content or happy with the squad and believes it can do the job for this season then so am I. He has to walk a fine line between the quality of the squad and the financial restraints. Looks to me like he has done that pretty well

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

All my thoughts are summed up on this thread already really.

Decent work and we didn't really lose anyone that is going to make a difference between now and the end of the season which is the most important thing.

Otis

All my thoughts are summed up on this thread already really.

Decent work and we didn't really lose anyone that is going to make a difference between now and the end of the season which is the most important thing.
I was going to be disappointed at losing Stevenson, but if he HAS been petulant, as it may well seem, I am now not that unhappy to see him go.

Manchester_sky_blue

Nothing more to add. I was a little bit surprised we didn't get a player on loan from Wolves as part of the Stevenson deal though. Was fully expecting that we would.

Otis

Nothing more to add. I was a little bit surprised we didn't get a player on loan from Wolves as part of the Stevenson deal though. Was fully expecting that we would.
Yeah, same here. Maybe that was on the cards at some point because there was talk of a loan player maybe coming in, in addition to JCH.

Users who are viewing this thread