How Would You Rate Our Transfer Dealings This Window? (Jan 18) (1 Viewer)

mechaishida

Or CCFC Charlie!

Straight on after the game's over when we lose, saying how bad we are and that we are a poor side and won't get near promotion etc.

Haven't had the joy of seeing him in action on here, yet.

Still, can't be any worse than I was a few years back.

Of course, there's every chance this season could go tits up and we end up finishing 16th, but the signs are certainly not anything like we've seen as a fanbase for a very long sodding time.

Even if we absolutely scrape the playoffs by goal difference, I'll be infinitely pleased that we've hit the bottom of the ladder and at least got a steady foothold.

Imagine the uproar from the Caps lock Club if we do only scrape the playoffs...the negativity pervading would be sufficient to cause a frigging Lord of the Rings-esque vortex of doom...

Grendel

Given how positive everyone was after Slade's dealings this time last year I think it is best to withhold judgement pending evidence.

But seen nothing bad so far and squad is no worse than it was, all the important players have been retained.

Well you won’t be seeing anything - good or bad - to be fair.

Liquid Gold

Haven't had the joy of seeing him in action on here, yet.

Still, can't be any worse than I was a few years back.

Of course, there's every chance this season could go tits up and we end up finishing 16th, but the signs are certainly not anything like we've seen as a fanbase for a very long sodding time.

Even if we absolutely scrape the playoffs by goal difference, I'll be infinitely pleased that we've hit the bottom of the ladder and at least got a steady foothold.

Imagine the uproar from the Caps lock Club if we do only scrape the playoffs...the negativity pervading would be sufficient to cause a frigging Lord of the Rings-esque vortex of doom...
They'd spend a few days complaining at how shit we are then a few days complaining that season ticket holders get priority for playoff tickets.

ccfcchris

I'm pleased the way things are going and feel Robins has stopped the decline, and we're making steady progress in the right direction.

Hobo

January is a tough window, very difficult to bring quality unless you are prepared to pay above market value. As we are League 2 with hardly a pot to piss in, I am happy we have basically retained the first team squad.

If one of the three joining come good its a great success.

Otis

January is a tough window, very difficult to bring quality unless you are prepared to pay above market value. As we are League 2 with hardly a pot to piss in, I am happy we have basically retained the first team squad.

If one of the three joining come good its a great success.
I am thinking it may well prove to be two and those being Barrett and JCH.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Hello "fernandopartridge" clueless buffoon and imbecile maybe(post 45) but the fact remains 35 goals in 30 games is not going to win you promotion 4 shots on target and 45% of play against 2 bottom in the league is not good enough. We play J B again that's half as many games as he has played in the last three years keep playing max a lot on here keep saying how good he is as far as I' m concerned 2 goals it is not good enough 1444 minutes would need to have made nearly ever assist to keep his place "mechaishida" you say we start scoring goals shame we have to wait till over half the seasons gone I quote the season not 2 games . I will admit it doesn't help playing Doyle and Kelly in the same team too defensive by far .Mark Robins our saviour don't see myself

stupot07

Ins:

Josh Barrett - by all accounts been a star for Reading U23s, is a natural left winger, but apparently versatile enough to play across the midfield three. Hopefully chip in with a few goals.
I completely disagree. Right footed and drifts in every time, gives no width, and offers Stokes no protection down the left handside.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

I completely disagree. Right footed and drifts in every time, gives no width, and offers Stokes no protection down the left handside.

I’m not saying he’s any good at it. But from Barrett’s and I think Robins’ comments too, he was signed as a left winger who can play across midfield.

stupot07

I’m not saying he’s any good at it. But from Barrett’s and I think Robins’ comments too, he was signed as a left winger who can play across midfield.
Fair enough, but I don't get why we signed a left footer to play on the right wing and a right footer to play on the left wing. Whilst he might like to play on the left so he can cut in and shoot, that can't be at the detriment to feeding the strikers. In both the mk dons and yesterday's game he was very narrow.

Nick

Administrator
Fair enough, but I don't get why we signed a left footer to play on the right wing and a right footer to play on the left wing. Whilst he might like to play on the left so he can cut in and shoot, that can't be at the detriment to feeding the strikers. In both the mk dons and yesterday's game he was very narrow.

Exactly, thought yesterday that JMD would have been a better option as he would have had time on the ball on his left foot.

I'd bet he would be physically fitter as well.

clint van damme

I'm unconvinced about Barrett but I will say that though clearly still overweight he's lost a few pounds since I first saw him so hopefully he'll get better as he gets fitter.
Little concerning that a young lad hoping to make a career as a professional footballer allows himself to get so out of shape in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread