Robings - how long left? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Seriously though... what makes you think a change of manager will keep us up?

I think from what I have seen we should stay up and if we do not its highly unlikely we will recover. To blindly follow him next season if relegated is naïve.

We have a lot of players who have been signed who are fit and nowhere near the level required.

The loyalty thing is stupid. If we were in the top 6 and he was being targeted by a Premier club would he stay? No of course not - there is no loyalty and we need to stay up whatever it takes.

Samo

I think from what I have seen we should stay up and if we do not its highly unlikely we will recover. To blindly follow him next season if relegated is naïve.

We have a lot of players who have been signed who are fit and nowhere near the level required.

The loyalty thing is stupid. If we were in the top 6 and he was being targeted by a Premier club would he stay? No of course not - there is no loyalty and we need to stay up whatever it takes.

Yes we do have players who are not up to this level but thats what happens when you go up, you can't replace the whole squad. You have to try to bring in enough to do the job, stay up and then build again.

It's not about loyalty for me, certainly not blind loyalty. It's about fairness and for me, he has earned a crack at this.
I hear what you say about 'needing' to stay up but there are no guarantees whoever you put in charge.
I say let him get on with it and try to be realistic with our expectations.

Nick

Administrator
Yes we do have players who are not up to this level but thats what happens when you go up, you can't replace the whole squad. You have to try to bring in enough to do the job, stay up and then build again.

It's not about loyalty for me, certainly not blind loyalty. It's about fairness and for me, he has earned a crack at this.
I hear what you say about 'needing' to stay up but there are no guarantees whoever you put in charge.
I say let him get on with it and try to be realistic with our expectations.

The issue has been that some of the signings after promotion are now just rotting on the bench and aren't first choice anyway when fit.

letsallsingtogether

The issue has been that some of the signings after promotion are now just rotting on the bench and aren't first choice anyway when fit.
Well when you only put pennies in the kitty that's what you get rotting fruit.
People are happy that we have the second lowest budget, well in the end it catches up with you.

shmmeee

Who have we signed who is fit and nowhere near the level?

Hamer, Østigård, McCallum, Giles, Sheaf, Dacosta - Fit and at or around the level

Walker, Hilßner - not fit, ones looked at the level when he’s played.

Nothing to do with loyalty and everything to do with proven success. Good for you that you want to go back to an endless line of journeyman managers though.

Nick

Administrator
Who? Dacosta?

Hilsner as well.

Yeah they have had injury issues but they arent going to get that match fit sat on the bench.

Also have to question contracts, why sign Bakayoko again? He clearly doesn't rate him.

SkyblueTexan

Well said. Of the 10 summer signings or whatever it was, only Hamer and Ostergard have been any good. Walker’s been ok as has Giles. Sheaf needs to be better. I don’t consider McCallum as a new recruit. Will we ever see Hillsner play or DaCosta make a meaningful contribution? This level is clearly too high for those who came up with us (Baka, Shipley, possibly Allen etc.).

letsallsingtogether

Hilsner as well.

Yeah they have had injury issues but they arent going to get that match fit sat on the bench.

Also have to question contracts, why sign Bakayoko again? He clearly doesn't rate him.
Obviously had no money to get another Stricker kept him in desperation.

skybluetony176

The way I see it is Mark Robins is to CCFC what Sean Dyche is to Burnley. His first spell in the premier league with zero budget led to relegation, the next season as a capable manager who knows how to get promoted from the championship took them straight back up again.

Robins is a twice promoted manager, the first promotion also broke a direction of travel. He’s absolutely qualified and proven to not only get promoted but also turn the tide to achieve that. If we don’t stay up we’ll all be demanding a manager with his proven track record, absolutely no evidence that a change of manager will keep us up let alone improve our performances. It’s mental to suggest that Robins has to go, we’re punching above our weight, Robins is perfectly qualified to give us our best chance of promotion should we go down. There is literally no common sense argument to sack Robins.

shmmeee

Hilsner as well.

Baka has been done to death but clearly we needed a third striker and didn’t have much budget.

Dacosta has been unlucky being injured the exact same time as Dabo, but was clearly brought in for back up.

Hilßner is looking like a dud but again fitness issues and you can’t win them all. I think our transfer strategy the last three years has been the best I’ve ever seen TBH.

mark82

Hilsner as well.

Bakayoko was a 12 month extension on what I'd guess is low end league one wages. Guessing it's cheap cover.

mark82

Baka has been done to death but clearly we needed a third striker and didn’t have much budget.

Dacosta has been unlucky being injured the exact same time as Dabo, but was clearly brought in for back up.

Hilßner is looking like a dud but again fitness issues and you can’t win them all. I think our transfer strategy the last three years has been the best I’ve ever seen TBH.

With using analytics there will always be the odd signing that doesn't work out, but so far it's been far more successful than not.

stay_up_skyblues

With using analytics there will always be the odd signing that doesn't work out, but so far it's been far more successful than not.

Quite. And do the (potentially - we’re still only 19 games in!!!) iffy signings all fall on MR? Did he go out and get Hillsner for example or is that on the recruitment team? And if the latter, is Badlan not the board’s appointment?

DannyThomas_1981

Who have we signed who is fit and nowhere near the level?

Hamer, Østigård, McCallum, Giles, Sheaf, Dacosta - Fit and at or around the level

Walker, Hilßner - not fit, ones looked at the level when he’s played.

Nothing to do with loyalty and everything to do with proven success. Good for you that you want to go back to an endless line of journeyman managers though.
100% agree with every word.

DannyThomas_1981

Jesus Christ. Shaking my head.

You absolute fucking Moron. This is truly one of your more moronic posts even by your exceptional standards.

In your alternative universe you seem to believe that all managers have a 100% perfect record in the the transfer market. Even with millions to spend that is absolutely untrue - just look at Fergie as an example of how managers get some transfers wrong.

For once - give Robins a break. His record in the transfer market has been exceptional since he returned - not every transfer is going to pay off. Your cluelessness about football is just constantly mind blowing.

I can only assume that you could not have been serious in posting this complete nonsense? Jesus.

Grendel

Jesus Christ. Shaking my head.

You absolute fucking Moron. This is truly one of your more moronic posts even by your exceptional standards.

In your alternative universe you seem to believe that all managers have a 100% perfect record in the the transfer market. Even with millions to spend that is absolutely untrue - just look at Fergie as an example of how managers get some transfers wrong.

For once - give Robins a break. His record in the transfer market has been exceptional since he returned - not every transfer is going to pay off. Your cluelessness about football is just constantly mind blowing.

I can only assume that you could not have been serious in posting this complete nonsense? Jesus.

You really need to go and have a lie down

Hobo

"We have a lot of players who have been signed who are fit and nowhere near the level required"

Most were signed for League 2 and 1 though. Even those brought in in the summer had to fit within our limited budget.

Hobo

Tommy Docherty no longer in the running then?

Perryccfc

Irrespective of some performances, if before a ball was kicked this season someone said we will be 17th and 7 points clear of relegation on Jan 1st then I think every single one of us would have snapped their hand off.

On that basis, for me Robins is continuing the excellent work he has already achieved at our club and long May that continue.

If we end up relegated then it’s hardly come as a huge shock, it’ll be a disappointment of course and of course I’m sure the club will look at what the next move would be, but I would also trust Robins to give it a go next season if that was the case.

People love pressing the bloody panic button without actually reviewing what’s happened.

Brighton Sky Blue

This isn’t you going back to thinly veiled calls for a sacking now is it?

Grendel

I see, it’s just you’re going back to the arguments you made before the unbeaten run. Not quite back to wanting us to swap managers with Portsmouth at least.

I didn’t say I wanted to swap managers

Brighton Sky Blue

I didn’t say I wanted to swap managers

You said it would be good for both clubs. Seems clear you were waiting for a downturn in form to start reviving the old stuff about not showing loyalty to a struggling manager. Soon we’ll probably see Barnsley and Luton brought up with ‘I’m not saying sack him but what did they both do’.

Have a bit more courage to just say you want him out

Users who are viewing this thread