Right wing jokes (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

For true sitcoms that would be hard, as they also seem to date very easily e.g. Faulty Towers. But is terms of comedic shows, I did find most series of the mighty boosh entertaining.

Mate, I love it. Loads of people hate it.
Went to see it live and it was a bit of a let down though.
Also saw them at a festival playing the songs from the show. The mosh pit for bouncy bouncy was mental.

D

Deleted member 4439

Mate, I love it. Loads of people hate it.
Went to see it live and it was a bit of a let down though.
Also saw them at a festival playing the songs from the show. The mosh pit for bouncy bouncy was mental.

yeh, was about edit that it appeals to certain sensibilities. It's mental, so I love it :).

Have watched some of the stage stuff - hard to replicate the tightness and slickness of the broadcasts.

D

Deleted member 4439

Also will split opinion, but the original red dwarfs were on the beeb.

clint van damme

yeh, was about edit that it appeals to certain sensibilities. It's mental, so I love it :).

Have watched some of the stage stuff - hard to replicate the tightness and slickness of the broadcasts.

To be honest I haven't watched many TV shows taken to the stage but the ones I have have been disappointing.

Ring Of Steel

Some years ago now though. Must be nearly 30 years?

I can honestly say I've never made an effort to watch a comedy programme since Vic Reeves Big Night Out, I just don't get the whole cheesy one-liner thing & witty observations... I quite liked Outnumbered though :cool:

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Ideal, Johnny Vegas. Now that was underrated as a sitcom. But that finished nearly ten years ago! Psychoville's just as old, I seem to be stuck in a time warp.

Time flies, and we all inevitably age and get grumpy...

TomRad85

Last sitcoms I found funny are probably about a decade old. Inbetweeners, Peep Show, IT Crowd, Psychoville (great shout.) Haven't found a single one funny since then.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Oh actually, Toast of London had its moments and House of Fools made me laugh. Basically I like Matt Berry + Vic and Bob

Marty

Last sitcoms I found funny are probably about a decade old. Inbetweeners, Peep Show, IT Crowd, Psychoville (great shout.) Haven't found a single one funny since then.

IT Crowd was great, I used to fancy Jen in her suit and heels.

TomRad85

I don't think 'lefties' make comedy unfunny, I'd imagine a lot of my favourite comedies are written by and star left wingers (that's entertainment for you.) But I'd suggest the recent output, especially on certain channels for sure, has been hijacked by the new ultra woke left and those people are about as funny as castrating yourself with a blunt knife.

wingy

Last leg? Too woke?
I've found it can crack Me up ,but it is woke and overtly political.

TomRad85

Last leg? Too woke?
I've found it can crack Me up ,but it is woke and overtly political.
Don't find it funny at all. Adam Hills seems to have made a career off having one leg and mentioning it a lot because he sure isn't funny.

Edit: I should mention you are allowed to like it, I'm not the gatekeeper of funny ;) but its not for me at all.

TomRad85

32 years since first series.

Had a documentary on Dave about it and new RD has been on the TV in each of the last five decades. That made me feel bloody old!
Can happily revisit Red Dwarf every couple of years. Love that show.

mark82

Users who are viewing this thread