Right wing jokes (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

With all the snowflake media moaning about their not being enough right wing comedy on TV in the interest of balance I thought it only right that we had a right wing joke thread on here. I’ll kick things off.

How many Tories does it take to write a joke?
C803AAD6-D36B-410B-A1A8-62168A92D9A4.jpeg

skybluetony176

De Pfeffel is a disaster, come on, if it wasn’t for his whole ‘Boris’ persona that so many fall for, he wouldn’t be PM.
TBF though Boris does seem to be following everything Sturgeon does so Rob does have a point. As someone pointed out if Boris keeps following her lead he’ll be campaigning for Scottish independence by the end of the year.

Evo1883

giphy.gif

skybluetony176

Ironic really considering you started a really sad unfunny thread.

Great laugh.
Your response is great Nick. The reason I started this thread is because there’s a movement on Twitter at the moment as a direct result of all the moaning about the BBC not having enough right wing comedy. So people are tweeting jokes about the right and hashtagging them right wing joke or right wing comedy. Clearly as a joke. The response has been typical to yours. It’s not funny etc. A few right wingers have tried to join in but missed the actual joke so are hashtagging jokes that start there’s a black fella... or something else stereotypically right wing.

So what does this tell us? It tells us that a large percentage of the right don’t have a sense of humour (as you and others on here have already started to show in a very short period of time) so they should leave the comedy to mainly the left.

The famous Great British sense of humour. Alive and well thanks to the section of society that many on the right like to label unpatriotic, country haters etc etc. Who’d have thought.

Evo1883

Your response is great Nick. The reason I started this thread is because there’s a movement on Twitter at the moment as a direct result of all the moaning about the BBC not having enough right wing comedy. So people are tweeting jokes about the right and hashtagging them right wing joke or right wing comedy. Clearly as a joke. The response has been typical to yours. It’s not funny etc. A few right wingers have tried to join in but missed the actual joke so are hashtagging jokes that start there’s a black fella... or something else stereotypically right wing.

So what does this tell us? It tells us that a large percentage of the right don’t have a sense of humour (as you and others on here have already started to show in a very short period of time) so they should leave the comedy to mainly the left.

The famous Great British sense of humour. Alive and well thanks to the section of society that many on the right like to label unpatriotic, country haters etc etc. Who’d have thought.

IL be honest, I've had a quick sweep through them jokes on twitter too, and had to go to hospital as my sides were split
giphy.gif

skybluetony176

The entire point is the right aren’t funny. That’s the joke.

I actually agree that there’s too many unfunny left wing comedians on the BBC, but the answer isn’t more quotas so there’s unfunny right wing ones to balance them out. Just stop hiring the shit left wing ones.
The Mash report is a good example. I personally don’t find Nish Kumar funny in the slightest but the other contributors are hilarious, including the righty Geoff Norcott.

skybluetony176

I have a sense of humour, this just isn't funny.
That’s clearly a contradiction in terms. Some of the jokes are clearly funny. The first one especially as it’s multilayered given all the jokes about Diane Abbott’s maths abilities. There wasn’t a queue of lefties saying it’s not funny when compared to the massive queue of righties falling over themselves to say the same joke(s) isn’t/aren’t funny when all that’s changed is the person the joke is based around.

Evo1883

The entire point is the right aren’t funny. That’s the joke.

I actually agree that there’s too many unfunny left wing comedians on the BBC, but the answer isn’t more quotas so there’s unfunny right wing ones to balance them out. Just stop hiring the shit left wing ones.
Sweeping generalisation tbh
I dont think most comedians tell people whether they are right or left..except the occasional one or 2 who plant their mast..
I've seen Lee Evans live, found him funny
Roy chubby brown.. Found him funny

Evo1883

I find Ricky Gervais funny, I found little Britain funny, I find Lee mack funny... If you're funny you're funny

shmmeee

Sweeping generalisation tbh
I dont think most comedians tell people whether they are right or left..except the occasional one or 2 who plant their mast..
I've seen Lee Evans live, found him funny
Roy chubby brown.. Found him funny

Nah it’s not. Comedy is inherently transgressive and progressive and from a position of weakness not power. The right wing in inherently unfunny.

You can be right wing and be funny (I’d argue with you about RCB having seen him myself), but you can’t be funny about being right wing, because it’s inherently unfunny.

Same as you can’t be funny and sexy, some things just don’t work.

Evo1883

Ricky Gervais is left wing, so are Davis Walliams and Matt Lucas.

I know this, but little Britain people are denouncing as racist and unfunny... Parts of little Britain definitely fall into the right wing stereotype... However I found it funny 🤷

shmmeee

Actually I take that back.

Asking for positive discrimination and whining about not being given a chance despite your lack of talent, while being right wing is funny. But not intentionally.

Users who are viewing this thread