Retained List (3 Viewers)

ps1948

Again that actual quote I believe said over a sustained period of games (i.e not 1 or 2) - I can’t think of any worse no.

Graham Withey perhaps but he did score 4 goals in the top league.
How about John Gayle, Yakubu and Kyle Lightbourne, to name just a few that spring into my mind?

Grendel

But the strong insinuation was Robins wasn't good enough and should be replaced if things didn't improve in a very short space of time. I didn't use the 'phrase' as an attributed quote to you anyway, I used it to parody an opinion.

Regarding young players, you never seem to allow for development do you? By the way I know Biamou is not young.

Well yes I do but as I say people on here are very selective. Thomas was described as fat and shit when he first played in the team - “what is the point of George Thomas” - Shipley has had hardly any praise really in here compared to Biamou but has contributed far far more

People are very selective in their views on players

Grendel

How about John Gayle, Yakubu and Kyle Lightbourne, to name just a few that spring into my mind?

Er....I said a sustained period of games and to even mention Yakubu given his career and Biamou is pretty dumb.

SlowerThanPlatt

Shame about Dagenham. I know West Ham have played a friendly against them to generate some cash but really they need more than that

Gosb

Well yes I do but as I say people on here are very selective. Thomas was described as fat and shit when he first played in the team - “what is the point of George Thomas” - Shipley has had hardly any praise really in here compared to Biamou but has contributed far far more

People are very selective in their views on players
Yes, People are very selective. I think McNulty's achievements have blinded you to what our strikers normally achieve. Biamou scored as many goals as our leading goal scorer last season (Thomas on 9), one less than our second highest goal scorer in the season before that (Murphy on 10) and more than our leading goal scorer in the season before that (Nouble on 7). And that's not to mention his contribution to McNulty's achievements. For his first season at this level he's done OK. So have the rest of them.

Grendel

Yes, People are very selective. I think McNulty's achievements have blinded you to what our strikers normally achieve. Biamou scored as many goals as our leading goal scorer last season (Thomas on 9), one less than our second highest goal scorer in the season before that (Murphy on 10) and more than our leading goal scorer in the season before that (Nouble on 7). And that's not to mention his contribution to McNulty's achievements. For his first season at this level he's done OK. So have the rest of them.

Adam Armstrong never played in the Murphy year? Oh you said second for impact.

He scored 5 in 40 in league 2

fatso

There’s no denying that Biamou improved dramatically during the season.
But people’s opinions of him when he was poor, were perfectly valid at the time.
No one was to know that he would eventually turn a corner.
And it may or may not be a coincidence that he turned that corner just as JCH Turned up to provide some much needed competition.

Old Warwickshire lad

Well said.

We all could see that Biamou was taking time to adjust to League Two football, but I can't see how anyone could stick by a worst striker ever stance. It's ridiculous.

Anyone who knows anything about football at all could see that Biamou came on leaps and bounds as the season progressed and some of his goals were brilliant efforts, proving that none of them were flukes.

JCH looked the better player when he came in, but by the end of the season Max Biamou was clearly the better player of the two for the team. We need to at least give him a chance in League One to see if he can push on further.
A post I can agree 100% with, don’t say that very often.

Grendel

Well said.

We all could see that Biamou was taking time to adjust to League Two football, but I can't see how anyone could stick by a worst striker ever stance. It's ridiculous.

Anyone who knows anything about football at all could see that Biamou came on leaps and bounds as the season progressed and some of his goals were brilliant efforts, proving that none of them were flukes.

JCH looked the better player when he came in, but by the end of the season Max Biamou was clearly the better player of the two for the team. We need to at least give him a chance in League One to see if he can push on further.

How the hell couldnt he improve? He’d said the bar so low.

Name a number 9 over a whole season whose played most games who was worse then.

Why “give him a chance” - wait another 30 games to score as he seems to smile a lot?

Seriously. This club seems obsessed with trying to give a career to awful footballers and hope they make it.

Biamous epitaph will be - never have so many superlatives been said about someone with so little talent

We need to compete with the likes of Sunderland, Charlton, Barnsley and Bradford - we ain’t doing that by giving someone a chance.

fatso

Why “give him a chance” - wait another 30 games to score as he seems to smile a lot?

Seriously. This club seems obsessed with trying to give a career to awful footballers and hope they make it.

Biamous epitaph will be - never have so many superlatives been said about someone with so little talent

We need to compete with the likes of Sunderland, Charlton, Barnsley and Bradford - we ain’t doing that by giving someone a chance.
Ooooh. Grendel, You really will endure the wrath of the “Biamou is God”
brigade with that reply.

Grendel

Ooooh. Grendel, You really will endure the wrath of the “Biamou is God”
brigade with that reply.

Same as the Bigirimana is a gift from God and Andy Thorn is the next Jimmy hill.

All it takes us some badge kissing or a cheery wave and some fans just wobble at the knees.

skyblueelephant76

A worse No.9 - Kevin Kyle. 3 goals in 33 appearances in his first season.

Grendel

ps1948

Adam Armstrong never played in the Murphy year? Oh you said second for impact.

He scored 5 in 40 in league 2
For the record, he scored 5 goals in 39 appearances, of which 20 were starting 11, where he was subbed off, and 19 were substitute appearances.
He then scored 2 in 3 starting appearances in the play-offs, where he was subbed off in each game.
Let's just hope that Allassani hits the ground running and scoring freely, or he will find himself added to your hate-list.

Gosb

This isn't an issue between you and us. It's between you and our beloved manager. He's just announced a retained list of 28 players and you seem to feel that one of them is much worse than the rest. How come you know better than Mark Robins?

Otis

Give him a chance because he hasn't played in League One yet.

Sorry, but I don't think you are making any sense. How did he set the bar low? It took time for him to adjust. some players you see and you can clearly see they are not good enough and will never make it. Others take time to fit in and adjust and he was clearly one of those players.

The bottom line is he struggled at first, but then started to come good and by the end of the season was vital to our fortunes and had formed a very decent partnership with Mark McNulty and they were beginning to work as a tandem and play off each other very well.

I don't see how we can say he isn't good enough for League One without giving him the chance to play in League One. That's not to say he has to be a first choice striker, but from the bench or within the squad we need to see if he can make the step up or not.

In answer to your worst striker comment, just look at the goals Biamou scored for us and you will see that is a ridiculous argument to state that he could be anything like the worst. The bloke scored 3 wonder goals. Been loads of strikers we have had here who haven't shown even a sniff of that level of invention and skill and execution.

SlowerThanPlatt

He was truly awful but by his own admission I think he never really settled in England and the game was too quick for him. Hull paid £2.6m for him and he’s now playing for Sparta Rotterdam in the Dutch second division

higgs

Not sure if Max is good enough for league one but in the semi final and final I was impressed with him based on those performances you would have to give him a chance next season to see if he can cut it at league one level. He seems to get on with the rest of the squad and gives 100%. If he got 10 goals next season I'd be happy and at the moment he looks more of a goal threat than JCH who to be honest apart from the Brighton game I have been disappointed with I expected more out of him

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Not sure if Max is good enough for league one but in the semi final and final I was impressed with him based on those performances you would have to give him a chance next season to see if he can cut it at league one level. He seems to get on with the rest of the squad and gives 100%. If he got 10 goals next season I'd be happy and at the moment he looks more of a goal threat than JCH who to be honest apart from the Brighton game I have been disappointed with I expected more out of him

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He has a lot of good attributes but his mentality and application is a question mark. I don’t know whether it’d benefit someone like him but a good psychologist could help to get the best out of him

Colin Steins Smile

This was the first season he was full time. He improved through the season and credit is due to the coaching staff. It will be interesting that with a second full preseason whether he can step up to league 1.

Otis

Exactly. We simply cannot say right now that he won't make it in League One. He was learning his trade and playing full time football for the first time this year.

Would be a bit daft to just ditch him now.

Don't think anyone is saying to outright start him next season.

Grendel

For the record, he scored 5 goals in 39 appearances, of which 20 were starting 11, where he was subbed off, and 19 were substitute appearances.
He then scored 2 in 3 starting appearances in the play-offs, where he was subbed off in each game.
Let's just hope that Allassani hits the ground running and scoring freely, or he will find himself added to your hate-list.

It’s really bizarre. When players like Shipley are accused of lack of commitment no one (but me and one other) stands up for him but when the new Coventry Treasure is criticised it’s pistols at dawn.

Users who are viewing this thread