Retained List (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

Not a similar age though Grenners

No we were comparing Clive Platt to Max Biamou. Don't try to wriggle out of this one kid you've fucked up big style on this

Grendel

Not a similar age though Grenners

No we were comparing Clive Platt to Max Biamou. Don't try to wriggle out of this one kid you've fucked up big style on this

Well I haven’t as I’ve already stated - as for you you’ve hardly got much confidence - it wasn’t even worth a fiver was it?

Mucca Mad Boys

It was at a higher level and in a side that tried to grind out results. He fitted that style of play.

When a similar age to Biamou platt I think had a season in league two for MK Dons and scored around 20 goals.

You constantly deflect and move the goal posts.

He scored 3 goals in his first season and all those goals were scored by mid-October, the following season he mustered 4 goals. He was hopelessly out of his depth in the Championship. Did he fit the style of play that well? Not really. He gave away many fouls, didn't really win that many headers and when he did, they hardly went to any of our players. He had the briefest of honeymoon periods where he got a few assists and goals.

In the season you refer to, he scored 18 goals, which was an anomaly since his career averages are about 8-10 goals (in all competitions) in L2 and L1. Biamou has scored 9 goals in all competitions this year, which is neither particularly good or bad.

It's irrelevant what Platt did in one season for MK Dons at L2 level about 5 or 6 seasons before he joined us.

David O'Day

Well I haven’t as I’ve already stated - as for you you’ve hardly got much confidence - it wasn’t even worth a fiver was it?

Ah the bet you were fixing in your favour, yes that shows how classy you are.

Joy Division

It was at a higher level and in a side that tried to grind out results. He fitted that style of play.

Basically, the question is name a worse Coventry City number 9 who has played in Division 4 who's first name begins with M, second with B and is French.

Grendel

Ah the bet you were fixing in your favour, yes that shows how classy you are.

If you want to put a fiver in I’ll let you pay in 12 monthly instalments

Grendel

David O'Day

If you want to put a fiver in I’ll let you pay in 12 monthly instalments

Was willing to put more on with the sensible caveat for a season ending injury in place.

That was never about charity though was in Grenners it was about feeding your ego.

Still you fannied out

Grendel

Was willing to put more on with the sensible caveat for a season ending injury in place.

That was never about charity though was in Grenners it was about feeding your ego.

Still you fannied out

Caveats are pointless as no charity then benefits.

On the Doyle bet the point there was if he was fit enough to last 31 league games.

He could have bust his Achilles in game one. No caveats there.

Nick

Administrator
Caveats are pointless as no charity then benefits.

On the Doyle bet the point there was if he was fit enough to last 31 league games.

He could have bust his Achilles in game one. No caveats there.

Wasn't that it was because it was a bet about his fitness rather than goalscoring?

David O'Day

It's not about the charity though grenners is it, it's about your fragile ego and a sad attempt to prop it up after you've been laughed at on here.

Sad

Grendel

Wasn't that it was because it was a bet about his fitness rather than goalscoring?

But he could have had a career ending injury or could have been sold or offered a coaching job elsewhere

Nick

Administrator
But he could have had a career ending injury or could have been sold or offered a coaching job elsewhere

Surely when you are betting about how many appearances somebody makes because of a disagreement about fitness that is the whole bet? If it's about goals or assists it's a bit different.

skyblueinBaku

It's not about the charity though grenners is it, it's about your fragile ego and a sad attempt to prop it up after you've been laughed at on here.

Sad
David, 'fragile' is the last word that I would use to describe Grendel's ego.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Hardly likely to have been sold now is he

Get a room lads.

giphy.gif

Grendel

Surely when you are betting about how many appearances somebody makes because of a disagreement about fitness that is the whole bet? If it's about goals or assists it's a bit different.

My bet on Leon Clarke was 15 goals - no minimum games?

Otis

Yeah but you have balls of steel and bath in £50's ;)
I think I have only ever had 2 £50 notes in my entire life and one of those occasions was my taking a payment off a customer for drinks at a hotel bar.

Red colour aren't they?

Grendel

I think I have only ever had 2 £50 notes in my entire life and one of those occasions was my taking a payment off a customer for drinks at a hotel bar.

Red colour aren't they?

It’s sort of pink / red - I loved the old big notes

ps1948

Been elsewhere today, but picking up on "THE BET", how come Grendel has set the bar so high, ie 10 goals in the season, when he says how poor Biamou is to have scored only 5 in League 2 this season.
So he's putting a bet out that Max will score double that number in a higher league - incredible!

As an aside, and back to the original topic, I thought Reid might be retained, as he has looked quite useful when he has come on late in games. Perhaps he was after the same money he got out of us last time?

Otis

Been elsewhere today, but picking up on "THE BET", how come Grendel has set the bar so high, ie 10 goals in the season, when he says how poor Biamou is to have scored only 5 in League 2 this season.
So he's putting a bet out that Max will score double that number in a higher league - incredible!

Indeed.

He's crap, so let's expect more from him at a higher level than last year.

Hmmmm...

wingy

I'm going to reiterate both Grant Holt and Ricky Lambert both took off as players around his age with teams at this level then rose through the leagues with them .
They hadn't been prolific until that point .

Users who are viewing this thread