Retained List (3 Viewers)

steve82

you used to be in love with hansen?

cargill looked good here, if we need another cb he could be worth looking at

oztumer is skillful yes,only blackbutrn a better prospect than us out of those interested though due to their manager style of football and higher league

Hanson you got to play 442 with wingers feeding him, ball to feet isn’t his way and his style is not quite MR way so I’m basing it on what fits the way he sets up.

If MR changes his approach slightly then yes, but I don’t see it that’s why I say Jayden Stockley is a better player who would fit in to the way we play. He can play the Hanson way and the way MR likes.

Hanson will probably go Bolton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

thanks!

some interesting possibilities on frees

Sidwell
Baily Cargill
Adam Hammill
Matt Mills
Darren Bent
Chris Baird
Jason Shackell
Martin Cranie
Tim Cahill
Nedum Onuoha
Caolan Lavery
James Hanson
Erhun Oztumer

Not keen on any of them apart from Oztumer. We've got a young, growing squad. We don't want to add expensive over-the-hill free agents for the sake of it. Had enough Clinton Morrisons and Yakubus for a lifetime. Would rather look at players who have stood out in L2 this season IMO

covcity4life

Not keen on any of them apart from Oztumer. We've got a young, growing squad. We don't want to add expensive over-the-hill free agents for the sake of it. Had enough Clinton Morrisons and Yakubus for a lifetime. Would rather look at players who have stood out in L2 this season IMO
i am not saying sign anyone for the sake of it

just put a few names that jumped out at me whilst browsing

Grendel

You said that in league 2 and was wrong.

Not really. His contribution to points in terms of goals over 46 games was minimal. He scored goals against Newport and arguably Swindon that won us points.

The stark reality is of McNulty wasn’t scoring all the goals from the forward line we’d have struggled to finish mid table.

Exeter contained the Lincoln forward line in the play offs easily and Biamou was totally ineffective as well against their back line. He scored goals (Notts county and Swindon aside) against teams at the lower end of the league, usually off the bench and when the result was already determined.

David O'Day

Not really. His contribution to points in terms of goals over 46 games was minimal. He scored goals against Newport and arguably Swindon that won us points.

The stark reality is of McNulty wasn’t scoring all the goals from the forward line we’d have struggled to finish mid table.

Exeter contained the Lincoln forward line in the play offs easily and Biamou was totally ineffective as well against their back line. He scored goals (Notts county and Swindon aside) against teams at the lower end of the league, usually off the bench and when the result was already determined.

Give it a rest Grenners, you were wrong just admit it.

Hobo

I am prepared to judge Biamou the same as McNulty, Bayliss, Shipley and Kelly. How they finished the season, not how they started. Biamou is worth having in the squad even in League 1.

Anyway Robins got us promoted not you....oh yes you campaigned for him to be sacked....taxi for Grendel.

Evo1883

Marc mcnulty contributed to 45% of coventrys goals this season , seen that stat the other day .
Must keep him

Mucca Mad Boys

Hanson you got to play 442 with wingers feeding him, ball to feet isn’t his way and his style is not quite MR way so I’m basing it on what fits the way he sets up.

If MR changes his approach slightly then yes, but I don’t see it that’s why I say Jayden Stockley is a better player who would fit in to the way we play. He can play the Hanson way and the way MR likes.

Hanson will probably go Bolton.

Exeter signed Stockley for £100k last season (a club record, Tisdale’s second signing with a fee too since 2006) and I doubt we’d have the resources to put forward an acceptable bid.

Evo1883

Exeter signed Stockley for £100k last season (a club record, Tisdale’s second signing with a fee too since 2006) and I doubt we’d have the resources to put forward an acceptable bid.
Sell a few more season tickets and Maddison sells who knows , we should more than match that figure

TomRad85

Erhun Oztumer scored 15 goals from 45 appearances in a poor Walsall side this term. Bit surprised they are letting him go. Sign him up Robins!
Would be right at the top of my list, excellent player! Stockley would also be near the top of my list if we are in a position to pay fees, he won pretty much every single aerial battle on Monday.

Grendel

I am prepared to judge Biamou the same as McNulty, Bayliss, Shipley and Kelly. How they finished the season, not how they started. Biamou is worth having in the squad even in League 1.

Anyway Robins got us promoted not you....oh yes you campaigned for him to be sacked....taxi for Grendel.

No I didn’t campaign for him to be sacked - the thread didn’t say that

Esoterica

The single biggest indication of how much Max improved this season is the increasingly desperate changing of the measurement you use to dismiss him with, in order to try and save face. It's hilarious. He doesn't work defenders, he doesn't win headers, he doesn't make the right runs, he doesn't score, no-one would sign him, he's a pub player.
A selection of your 200 posts on him:
He’s never going to be good enough. He doesn’t work defenders he has little physical impact
No team would get promoted with s centre forward like biamou. It will yin ther end cost Robins his job if he persists with him
It’s not the same argument as biamou I believe wouldn’t score goals in Luton’s team either as he’s nowhere near the standard required for this league.
Biamou never wins aerial duals - another urban myth.
Disagree. I think he’s one the poorest players I’ve ever seen. He never holds a ball up and is utterly abject.
the worst number 9 in my memory
And after proving you wrong about all those things, you're still persevering except now you're down to.... goals that directly won points.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

“Your Taxi has been called Robins” wasn’t it!?
Taxi For Grendel! A League 2 worthy supporter if there ever was one ;)

Manchester_sky_blue

Grendel

The single biggest indication of how much Max improved this season is the increasingly desperate changing of the measurement you use to dismiss him with, in order to try and save face. It's hilarious. He doesn't work defenders, he doesn't win headers, he doesn't make the right runs, he doesn't score, no-one would sign him, he's a pub player.
A selection of your 200 posts on him:

And after proving you wrong about all those things, you're still persevering except now you're down to.... goals that directly won points.

He hasn’t proved me wrong though has he. His goal scoring record has been incredibly poor. Taking out games to try and improve stats is laughable.

Coventry fans are a strange bunch - some fans side with players, make ludricous statements about their ability and ignore others.

This argument is a rehash of 12 months ago when I equally didn’t know what I was talking about when a certain other player who was our star player apparently was actually useless and a hinderence - as I kept saying. Same about a certain left back who according to some will play in the championship one day.

Keep obsessing with mediocrity if you wish. It’s your choice and it’s my choice to say I’d rather we don’t have him for another season featuring in the team.

Grendel

“Your Taxi has been called Robins” wasn’t it!?
Taxi For Grendel! A League 2 worthy supporter if there ever was one ;)

No it wasn’t if you actually read what I said.

fatso

To be honest, Biamou was shite till JCH turned up and kicked his arse for him.
And mcnulty was shite till jones got injured and we were forced to play to mcnulty’s strengths.
The rest as they say, is history.

Hobo

To be honest, Biamou was shite till JCH turned up and kicked his arse for him.
And mcnulty was shite till jones got injured and we were forced to play to mcnulty’s strengths.
The rest as they say, is history.

McNulty wasn't shit at all just wasn't scoring.

Last edited:
Reactions: vow

Joy Division

He hasn’t proved me wrong though has he. His goal scoring record has been incredibly poor. Taking out games to try and improve stats is laughable.

Coventry fans are a strange bunch - some fans side with players, make ludricous statements about their ability and ignore others.

This argument is a rehash of 12 months ago when I equally didn’t know what I was talking about when a certain other player who was our star player apparently was actually useless and a hinderence - as I kept saying. Same about a certain left back who according to some will play in the championship one day.

Keep obsessing with mediocrity if you wish. It’s your choice and it’s my choice to say I’d rather we don’t have him for another season featuring in the team.

Still think he is the worst Coventry number 9 you've ever seen? Genuine question.

Grendel

Still think he is the worst Coventry number 9 you've ever seen? Genuine question.

Again that actual quote I believe said over a sustained period of games (i.e not 1 or 2) - I can’t think of any worse no.

Graham Withey perhaps but he did score 4 goals in the top league.

steve82

Who knows what a summer can bring, he could end up going MK Dons with Paul Tisdale should he take that job or even Sunderland as they look to rebuild.

better days

A very good goalkeeper with lots of League experience has just been released by Dagenham & Redbridge as part of their desperate efforts to avoid financial meltdown
Marc Cousins won player of the year last year and won't be short of interested clubs
He's definitely worth a look
Don't know if he has anything lined up
Everyone without time left on their contract was released
The manager has gone together with all the coaches and the Academy has closed

Otis

A very good goalkeeper with lots of League experience has just been released by Dagenham & Redbridge as part of their desperate efforts to avoid financial meltdown
Marc Cousins won player of the year last year and won't be short of interested clubs
He's definitely worth a look
Don't know if he has anything lined up
Everyone without time left on their contract was released
The manager has gone together with all the coaches and the Academy has closed
Sad to hear.

But then, on the other hand, if the club is there for plucking we should pluck away.

Old Warwickshire lad

I have to admit before I start I am a max sympathiser.
Let’s just agree to disagree, max took half a season to find his feet. He was thrown in at the deep end through circumstances, and struggled to adjust.
If you can’t see he was a much better player at the end of the season then there is no point discussing it.
If he improved that much last season who is to say he can’t kick on from here ?
Not any of us on here, Robins will make the decision and we should back that decision.
Look on the bright side, if he bombs and is useless this season, all the max haters can spend all summer saying “ I told you so “

Hobo

No I didn’t campaign for him to be sacked - the thread didn’t say that

But the strong insinuation was Robins wasn't good enough and should be replaced if things didn't improve in a very short space of time. I didn't use the 'phrase' as an attributed quote to you anyway, I used it to parody an opinion.

Regarding young players, you never seem to allow for development do you? By the way I know Biamou is not young.

Otis

I have to admit before I start I am a max sympathiser.
Let’s just agree to disagree, max took half a season to find his feet. He was thrown in at the deep end through circumstances, and struggled to adjust.
If you can’t see he was a much better player at the end of the season then there is no point discussing it.
If he improved that much last season who is to say he can’t kick on from here ?
Not any of us on here, Robins will make the decision and we should back that decision.
Look on the bright side, if he bombs and is useless this season, all the max haters can spend all summer saying “ I told you so “
Well said.

We all could see that Biamou was taking time to adjust to League Two football, but I can't see how anyone could stick by a worst striker ever stance. It's ridiculous.

Anyone who knows anything about football at all could see that Biamou came on leaps and bounds as the season progressed and some of his goals were brilliant efforts, proving that none of them were flukes.

JCH looked the better player when he came in, but by the end of the season Max Biamou was clearly the better player of the two for the team. We need to at least give him a chance in League One to see if he can push on further.

Users who are viewing this thread