Request to waive NDA - email to Wasps, CCFC & Sisu (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Anything that is asked has to be done very carefully. Mark and Pete submitted a reasonable question about the NDA yet are now at the centre of an argument about why it can’t be dropped. It’s all very excited us thinking wasps have something to hide but there could be nothing in it and we’re back to arguing over who we should believe. Every action can have unforeseeable consequences.
You could ask what kind of business signs an NDA, then expects it dropped anyway. Doesn't inspire confidence in their negotiating strategy!

I suspect you're right, they know it can't be dropped. Excellent PR on their part.

Nick

Administrator

They could quite easily have said "We didn't know about any deadline"

It is looking more and more that Wasps have just sat waiting for the deadline to get closer and closer while acting surprised.

djr8369

Nope, the club said they were willing to in reply to fans. They were all CC'd into the same email.

The email is in here, all that was said was "we will if others will". They have chosen to take it that way.
They have chosen to take it that way and so have we thus proving their point.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Agree. I don't want to commit money to buy season tickets based on me believing sisu when they've been lying. On the flip side of that I don't want to not get them and deprive the club of money to find out it's wasps acting the twat.
Just get one, I lost one season at Northampton haven’t got many left
I had to make decision last season based on the flimsiest of evidence, would be nice to be a bit more informed this season.

SBT

Nothing in the Wasps statement which seems intrinsically more or less believable than the Boddy statement over the weekend. In the absence of the facts, I'm not going to sit here celebrating or criticizing either one, because clearly someone isn't telling the truth. Right now we're at a stalemate until either the EU complaint is dropped (it apparently can't be) or the NDA is waived (it apparently can't be)

The one newsworthy takeaway from that new Wasps statement - they're still open to a Ricoh return. For them to U-turn on that within a matter of days suggests that however chippy things are, they need a deal, badly. That is the first good sign in days that we could still be playing in Coventry this season.

chiefdave

Notice Wasps statement is nice and vague and doesn't actual address any of the specific issues such as the EFL directly informing them of a deadline.

Nick

Administrator
What else are they going to say?

This whole stuff should be the negotiations, not the statement wars. Now all we need is for Hoffman to pop up and offer to pay the rent, and we're back in 2013.

They could actually be specific about some of the things Boddy said.

"We weren't told about any deadline for EFL" would have been an interesting one.

It is pretty much reading as if Wasps were happy to sit and let the deadline time out, Boddy said he and the EFL told them in writing about the deadline but Wasps were surprised about it? How?

shmmeee

Agree. I don't want to commit money to buy season tickets based on me believing sisu when they've been lying. On the flip side of that I don't want to not get them and deprive the club of money to find out it's wasps acting the twat.

I had to make decision last season based on the flimsiest of evidence, would be nice to be a bit more informed this season.

Buy a ST based on whether you can make the games, not this crap for Christ’s sake!

djr8369

They could quite easily have said "We didn't know about any deadline"

It is looking more and more that Wasps have just sat waiting for the deadline to get closer and closer while acting surprised.

It does kind of look that way but that’s also what we want to believe.
All parties have been known to lie really dont know who to believe.
This is it. Unless somebody leaks some documents or something we’re none the wiser. We’re taking people at their word and we’re all biased.

shmmeee

"We weren't told about any deadline for EFL" would have been an interesting one.

It is pretty much reading as if Wasps were happy to sit and let the deadline time out, Boddy said he and the EFL told them in writing about the deadline but Wasps were surprised about it? How?

They didn’t say the deadline surprised them. They said CCFC pulling out surprised them.

As NW says it can both be true that Wasps were surprised talks ended and they knew about the deadline by simple fact of them not knowing the EFL deadline would lead to talks ending!

Again, silly rhetorical games.

NorthernWisdom

They didn’t say the deadline surprised them. They said CCFC pulling out surprised them.

As NW says it can both be true that Wasps were surprised talks ended and they knew about the deadline by simple fact of them not knowing the EFL deadline would lead to talks ending!

Not like the EFL won't extend deadlines, anyway, if needs be. There is a practical sense of season tickets, but then they're going to be a minefield next season, and it'd be a weird person who'd complain if they bought one for Brum and were annoyed they now had to watch Coventry City in Coventry.

I mean, for that matter, pull out of talks for the coming Covid season, but keep negotiating for the one after, if you like.

jordan210

Regarding the suggestion the NDA can't be dropped because other parties need to agree to it. If you believe that surely the easy answer for Wasps is "yes we're happy to drop it if everyone else agrees". Why are they saying no on somebody else's behalf?

Im guessing the 3rd party will come out of this looking bad and we all know who that will be !

Nick

Administrator
Buy a ST based on whether you can make the games, not this crap for Christ’s sake!

Agree with you, I don't see the point in buying one and never using it. By all means get match packages if that suits you best.

A season ticket is going to work out much more cost effective and may inspire you on a shitty winter night to go along.

clint van damme

Nothing in the Wasps statement which seems intrinsically more or less believable than the Boddy statement over the weekend. In the absence of the facts, I'm not going to sit here celebrating or criticizing either one, because clearly someone isn't telling the truth. Right now we're at a stalemate until either the EU complaint is dropped (it apparently can't be) or the NDA is waived (it apparently can't be)

The one newsworthy takeaway from that new Wasps statement - they're still open to a Ricoh return. For them to U-turn on that within a matter of days suggests that however chippy things are, they need a deal, badly. That is the first good sign in days that we could still be playing in Coventry this season.

the thing is, although Boddy may not be telling the truth we can't prove it.
But there are some dubious aspects to the wasps statement(s).

They said don't know why sisu withdrew from negotiations - is that true, did they not know about the EFL deadline.
Said Joy Seppala called for a wavering of the NDA - she didn't and they admitted there are 3rd parties involved contradicting the terse statement from CCC.

Not a lot to go on admittedly.

Nick

Administrator
Not like the EFL won't extend deadlines, anyway, if needs be. There is a practical sense of season tickets, but then they're going to be a minefield next season, and it'd be a weird person who'd complain if they bought one for Brum and were annoyed they now had to watch Coventry City in Coventry.

I mean, for that matter, pull out of talks for the coming Covid season, but keep negotiating for the one after, if you like.

They were extended a couple of times weren't they? Once that was confirmed they announced when the season started and I "think" have the fixtures ready.

Nick

Administrator

giphy.gif

clint van damme

I'd have to think long and hard going to Brum if I thought we'd been taken out of Cov when there was a viable option to play in the City.
I didn't think there was last season based on the indemnity, (which I had t odrasw my conclusions on based on very little hard evidence).
Also losing my job in the next couple of months so to outlay on STs to find I'd had the wool pulled over my eyes would piss me off.

djr8369

Maybe that’s a specific point we could ask to be clarified.

Nick

Administrator

Yes, they pulled out to announce St Andrews because of the deadline.

Bit naive to think if CCFC were forced to tell EFL by a certain time it wouldn't have an impact.

Briles

Its pretty clear to me that wasps need a deal but also wont swallow their pride over the legal wrangles. SISU are in the driving seat now unlike negotioations before last season. Tables turned and wasps get burned. Its that simple. SISU have proven wasps are not needed at present and that has completely scuppered wasps ability to dictate a deal. It will ultimately come down to how skint wasps truly are.

djr8369

I'd have to think long and hard going to Brum if I thought we'd been taken out of Cov when there was a viable option to play in the City.
I didn't think there was last season based on the indemnity, (which I had t odrasw my conclusions on based on very little hard evidence).
Also losing my job in the next couple of months so to outlay on STs to find I'd had the wool pulled over my eyes would piss me off.
I was leaning towards getting a ST to help the club and hadn’t even considered we might be being played again. I suppose the end result is still the same, we need to support the club as best we can (personal financial constraints considered)

NorthernWisdom

Personally I'd say would you enjoy it (Covid becomes an issue!) and did you enjoy last season.

Ultimately, if you think next season will be fun, go for it. Now, the current situation / being in Birmingham, all that might be enough for you to think it won't be fun. Only you know that, though.

I suspect the 'truth' in all of this will only come out in 50 years time, if at all, so I wouldn't let that worry you! SISU are trying to run the club cash neutral, the costs will be eye watering, so I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be contributing a fortune to SISU, regardless.

Nick

Administrator
the thing is, although Boddy may not be telling the truth we can't prove it.
But there are some dubious aspects to the wasps statement(s).

They said don't know why sisu withdrew from negotiations - is that true, did they not know about the EFL deadline.
Said Joy Seppala called for a wavering of the NDA - she didn't and they admitted there are 3rd parties involved contradicting the terse statement from CCC.

Not a lot to go on admittedly.

That's the thing, it could well be a masterstroke of bullshit from Boddy but the fact Wasps don't disprove specifics, contradict CCC and then bullshit about the NDA thing is very telling.

All Joy said is "we will if others do", Wasps could have easily said that too.

shmmeee

@mark82 @Sky Blue Pete

As you’ve got access. Could you ask the following clarifying questions?

- Why can’t negotiations continue past the EFL deadline in a similar manner to 2014?
- Have Sisu agreed to end (or not start new) all legal challenges around the sale of the Ricoh to Wasps? If not, is this a condition requested by Wasps?
- Can they release any further detail on “the indemnity” that Wasps say doesn’t exist? How do they account for such a wide disparity in claims between the two parties?

Could you also ask Wasps if possible (though appreciate they seem to not be answering you directly):
- Even if the NDA can’t be dropped without third party approval, could they release details on what exactly they are requesting CCFC/Sisu to agree to? Specifically what the indemnity involves?

You can’t play this game by eliminating negatives (“it won’t bankrupt the club”, etc) as that leaves too many positives. It’s not Guess Who. This is the clear point of contention so let’s get details.

Users who are viewing this thread