Rent (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Maybe my understading is not correct, I'm sure OSB will confirm things for me

ACL are the landlord
CCFC are the tennant
CCFC use the stadium for 20/30 home games during a 9/10 month season
CCFC pay rent of approx £100k a month including out of season months
Despite CCFC paying £100k a month in the close season ACL have let the stadium out for the Olympics

Agree with most of it ...... but they are paying for their period of usage - including use of offices, shop and bars etc........ not for exclusive use all year

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Absolute nonsense. We have certainly not tried to live beyond our means paying out stupid wages on players we can't afford.

Actually we did ..... but the figures were not so large ......... any club paying 110% of turnover out on wages is certainly living beyond its means ............ and we did

torchomatic

Yes, Richardson certainly did. His stewardship ruined this club. If SISU have got one thing right it's to get the wage bill down.

Actually we did ..... but the figures were not so large ......... any club paying 110% of turnover out on wages is certainly living beyond its means ............ and we did

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
there has to be a deal on the rent .............. but any good deal is a win win for all parties concerned.......... have posted figures before on what i think are reasonable figures and how it could be done to suit both sides............ you have to ask why SISU & CCFC are not making any proposals (it is up to them not ACL etc)

torchomatic

We didn't get the council to do anything. We had a nice little ground, fit for purpose and one that suited our pockets and our attendances. Richardson thought otherwise.

<p>

No instead we just live beyond our means by getting the council to build us a stadium we couldn't afford to pay rent on.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Calculate the percentage when Richardson was around

why ? doesnt matter ...... no ccfc owner has actually tackled the problem and matched wages to income to get a viable business..... been a long line of crap owners

usskyblue

We didn't get the council to do anything. We had a nice little ground, fit for purpose and one that suited out pockets and our attendances. Richardson thought otherwise.

Thank fook he didn't get the sliding pitch and retractable roof he wanted

usskyblue

Richardson drills us a 60 million hole and he gets a free pass with the SISU out drones on here...

Fook only knows how Ranson convinced SISU to save us from admin...

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Yes, Richardson certainly did. His stewardship ruined this club. If SISU have got one thing right it's to get the wage bill down.

Dont have 2011 accounts with me but

2009 Turnover 8.895m Wages 10.503m
2010 Turnover 9.291m Wages 10.314m

hardly what i call matching costs to income to get a viable business

2011 were not greatly better
2012 might match we dont know
2013 who knows

coundonskyblue

We didn't get the council to do anything. We had a nice little ground, fit for purpose and one that suited our pockets and our attendances. Richardson thought otherwise.

Of course we did. In 2003 CCFC was out of money, the ACL project was about to collapse, City sold their shares to higgs trust. The club had to ask the council to approve this (as the council's partner was changing from CCFC to the Higgs trust), of which there was a lengthly council meeting which decided to support this.

Had the council decided not to approve this proposal CCFC would have gone into admin the next day.

Grendel

so if sisu are not blackmailing the council, they are blackmailing the fans with threat of selling players to finance the rent? great ! keep justifying the actions of this shower and making arguments for them. They have funds to pay what they owe , they should honour their commitments. not weazel their way out of them with the help of cheerleaders like you. make no mistake if you owed sisu money they would be ruthless in recovering it. its called business.

No the truth seems to be you want the rent paid and you have also said we "are no better than Portsmouth". So the solution is to live purely on a self funded basis including paying a huge percentage of turnover in rent. In order to do this and not be like Portsmouth wages will be slashed further and players sold. That is what you want isn't it?

coundonskyblue

Richardson drills us a 60 million hole and he gets a free pass with the SISU out drones on here...

Fook only knows how Ranson convinced SISU to save us from admin...

Richardson drills us a 60 million hole so therefore all consecutive owners can screw the club up as much as they want according to some on here.

Grendel

Richardson drills us a 60 million hole so therefore all consecutive owners can screw the club up as much as they want according to some on here.

How much do you think SISU have "trousered" out of the club then?

torchomatic

Yes, and why were we "out of money"? Surely, even you can't blame SISU for that.

Of course we did. In 2003 CCFC was out of money, the ACL project was about to collapse, City sold their shares to higgs trust. The club had to ask the council to approve this (as the council's partner was changing from CCFC to the Higgs trust), of which there was a lengthly council meeting which decided to support this.

Had the council decided not to approve this proposal CCFC would have gone into admin the next day.

torchomatic

Maybe so, but the sums certainly aren't as large as when the crook Richardson had his greedy little hands on our club.

2013 who knows

Grendel

Yes, and why were we "out of money"? Surely, even you can't blame SISU for that.

Forget it. CoundonSkyBlue wants us to pay our way, not be like Portsmouth, live within our means and still spend millions on players.

coundonskyblue

How much do you think SISU have "trousered" out of the club then?

Nothing. If they had run the club properly I would have been happy for them to take however much they wanted out.

Fact is debt has increased since they took over, revenue streams are lower, and we are playing our lowest level for nearly 50 years. Those 3 things are Sisu caused problems which cannot be blamed on previous boards.

Grendel

Nothing. If they had run the club properly I would have been happy for them to take however much they wanted out.

Fact is debt has increased since they took over, revenue streams are lower, and we are playing our lowest level for nearly 50 years. Those 3 things are Sisu caused problems which cannot be blamed on previous boards.

So Richardson, McGinnity, Robinson, Fletcher and Mr Coventry were better then? And why say they can screw the club as much as they want if they are actually getting nothing? What is your solution the hedge fund say enough is enough and close us down? Would you be happy then?

coundonskyblue

No as I have said about a million times in about 8 minutes the previous board were just as bad.

Perhaps if I said 'screw up' the club you can understand me? I.e. make a mess of it?

Of course I don't want club closed down, but does that mean I'm not allowed to question, or disagree with what the owners are doing?

Godiva

2013 who knows

2009 and 2010 were under Ransons reign. He failed to bring down wages to match our income.
After sisu took over the board last year they hit the breaks. Was it two signings last summer?
AT clearly had to stick to a wage limit and accept it was being reduced further.

Wages were still much too high last season, but with only two transfer windows and players on long contracts it takes time to of bring the wage bill down to where it seems to be now.

Accounts for 2012/2013 will be interesting read when they are published ... in 2014.

Brighton Sky Blue

SISU's biggest mistake was to take on the club and walk into this fiasco blind. They took RR's word when he presented CCFC as something which could deliver a quick win-did they do their homework on him or the club? Obviously not, and a fatal oversight on their part. They have been very slow learners in this business, but now, finally, seem to be getting the house in more order-but it has taken 5 years of incompetence (or naïveté?) on their part to achieve this. The root cause here is SISU's failure to do their homework on a business that was riddled with problems.

The soothsayer

No the truth seems to be you want the rent paid and you have also said we "are no better than Portsmouth". So the solution is to live purely on a self funded basis including paying a huge percentage of turnover in rent. In order to do this and not be like Portsmouth wages will be slashed further and players sold. That is what you want isn't it?

I have not metioned portsmouth at all. I don't know where the words you have put in quotes are from , but not from me. your logic means we will lurch from one crisis to another, if sisu are allowed to get away with this , it will be a green light for them to pull other financial strokes. If this lot cannot even secure a pitch to play on,all the other stuff including players wages and signings etc..are irrelevent.. I wouldn't let sisu run a tuck shop..

Grendel

I have not metioned portsmouth at all. I don't know where the words you have put in quotes are from , but not from me. your logic means we will lurch from one crisis to another, if sisu are allowed to get away with this , it will be a green light for them to pull other financial strokes. If this lot cannot even secure a pitch to play on,all the other stuff including players wages and signings etc..are irrelevent.. I wouldn't let sisu run a tuck shop..

So yo would rather they sell players have a weaker squad and pay the rent?

Godiva

SISU's biggest mistake was to take on the club and walk into this fiasco blind. They took RR's word when he presented CCFC as something which could deliver a quick win-did they do their homework on him or the club? Obviously not, and a fatal oversight on their part. They have been very slow learners in this business, but now, finally, seem to be getting the house in more order-but it has taken 5 years of incompetence (or naïveté?) on their part to achieve this. The root cause here is SISU's failure to do their homework on a business that was riddled with problems.

I think sisu would argue that they trusted Ranson ... a former pro footballer and successful businessman still related to the industri. And he put up his own money to show how much he believed in the idea.
Ranson failed to deliver and last year he was kicked out. It's what has happened since you can meassure sisu on.
Last season everybody complained that sisu were ruining the club while the paved the way to this seasons start ... and now most seem pretty contempt.

It takes time to turn around a failing business ... and it takes time for people to understand what steps are necessary ... and even more to appreciate the outcome.

grego_gee

Agree with most of it ...... but they are paying for their period of usage - including use of offices, shop and bars etc........ not for exclusive use all year

CCFC/SISU have been attempting to get a share of "other income". its been declared as esential to the clubs viability. This is quite justifiable because the stadium would not be there if it were not for the football club who are the main tenant and support its existance. Despite this ACL are creaming off profits from full crowds for the Olyimpics and still expecting CCFC to pay rent over the same period.
Its seems to me the rent agreement is quite inappropriate and it certainly needs to be renegotiated.
It could be a whole lease where the tenant is able to sub-let or otherwise profit from other events eg Olympics. Or it could be on a per event basis for CCFC ie per game - the use of offices is trivial they could be relocated anywhere. The main use is football games and the only prospective tenant for these is CCFC it can't be offered to Leicester for example.
If it is the latter there is more argument for there to be a reduced rent for div 1 rather than Championship or Premier leage games :).
If it is the former (which is very probrably what SISU want because their registered business is described as stadium operations) there is less argument to reduce the rent because the tenant is free to raise money by organising different events. But if SISU could not expect a lower rent in lower divisions - there would be pressure on them to maintain a successful team to generate maximum income.from the football side :)

Last edited:

The soothsayer

So yo would rather they sell players have a weaker squad and pay the rent?

you don't seem to get it? there are no players or signings or matches or hotdogs or anything without a stadium to play in, got it? you must get out of your mind that football is a special case where normal rules of business and finance do not apply. They do and will..wait and see. if sisu want to take it to the logical conclusion we will all pay the price.

Grendel

you don't seem to get it? there are no players or signings or matches or hotdogs or anything without a stadium to play in, got it? you must get out of your mind that football is a special case where normal rules of business and finance do not apply. They do and will..wait and see. if sisu want to take it to the logical conclusion we will all pay the price.

What I don't "get" is why this particular issue interests you that much. Just answer this - if they agreed to pay the rent in full and to do this - quite rightly under FPP and moral business practice they sold several members of the squad to pay for it - would that make you happier.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think sisu would argue that they trusted Ranson ... a former pro footballer and successful businessman still related to the industri. And he put up his own money to show how much he believed in the idea.
Ranson failed to deliver and last year he was kicked out. It's what has happened since you can meassure sisu on.
Last season everybody complained that sisu were ruining the club while the paved the way to this seasons start ... and now most seem pretty contempt.

It takes time to turn around a failing business ... and it takes time for people to understand what steps are necessary ... and even more to appreciate the outcome.

According to Ranson he had wanted to resign a lot sooner than he eventually did. I'd still argue that SISU did not do enough due diligence or research on this venture or the industry in general when they took us on. I remain confused as to why our flurry of signings this summer has some heaping praise on Tim Fisher when he will happily breech rent agreements (due September) as a bargaining tactic. Short memories among some of us.

The soothsayer

What I don't "get" is why this particular issue interests you that much. Just answer this - if they agreed to pay the rent in full and to do this - quite rightly under FPP and moral business practice they sold several members of the squad to pay for it - would that make you happier.

You don't know why Im interested in us having a stadium to play in? there is no answer to that. I don't know what you want me to say? happy would be if sisu fooked off and stopped dragging the club down. there is no winning here, just degrees of losing.. WTF is happiness and the skyblues got to do with each other?

Godiva

According to Ranson he had wanted to resign a lot sooner than he eventually did. I'd still argue that SISU did not do enough due diligence or research on this venture or the industry in general when they took us on. I remain confused as to why our flurry of signings this summer has some heaping praise on Tim Fisher when he will happily breech rent agreements (due September) as a bargaining tactic. Short memories among some of us.

Did he really 'resign'? But Ranson would say that, wouldn't he?
Don't forget he lost his baby ... Prozone ... when he left, so that makes it quite unlikely he did so by his own choice.
He was most likely forced away by sisu who simply stopped the influx of money.

I would love to read their shareholder agreement!

Astute

We need SISU. SISU need us. We don't want SISU. SISU don't want us.

There is a lack of anyone wanting to take us over. We need to get promoted and improve our profile. SISU then might get the cash they want/need. Until then we are stuck with each other. I just want what is best for my club. If it means an agreement with the rent then so be it.

Users who are viewing this thread