Rent (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

@jongaunt BBC just confirmed that ACL are now taking legal action against ccfc over rent arrears describing it as "bad news" for the club”"

CJparker

Well it's not good news, that's for sure.

But SISU are playing a clever game - they are daring the council (via ACL)) to threaten us with liquidation, a very real prospect given that SISU have no emotional ties to CCFC and no realistic prospect of seeing a profit for their clients. SISU think the fans will take against the council for this - I hope they are wrong.

Diehard Si

Oh for gods sake. We're finally getting to a position of looking forward to the new season and this crops up again.

skyblueman

I hope the council piss all over shitsu. They've got a contract that they should honour.

To be fair Club was already screwed before anyone even heard of SISU although obviously they have allowed it to be run horrendously since

A deal will be done somewhere along the way - it's in both parties interests to compromise

usskyblue

I can't understand why any Cov fan would sympathise with the fcuking council...

Mutton or CCFC?

Feck awwwfff

skybluejack10

how can we still afford to bring in players then?
quick bring in that striker and jennigns before it's too late!!
we will get liquidated one day soon, whether it be this year or in 3 years time unless we find investment :(

Bennets Afro

Jon Gaunt. What a joke he is!!!

I remember him saying that SISU would be 100% in charge of the Ricoh in a matter of weeks earlier in the summer. He blocked me on twatter for calling him down and saying he was full of shit

Is this another bandwagon he has jumped on. He will be taking all the credit for the outcome of this if it is good. Complete Bellend!!!

CJparker

Bear in mind, CCC/ACL can only take action against CCFC, not against SISU. If it's in SISU's interest not to give more money to CCFC to pay rent, they can just refuse to pay, let the club get wound up and walk away blaming the council's unreasonable demands. As far as I see, SISU hold call the cards

coundonskyblue

Bear in mind, CCC/ACL can only take action against CCFC, not against SISU. If it's in SISU's interest not to give more money to CCFC to pay rent, they can just refuse to pay, let the club get wound up and walk away blaming the council's unreasonable demands. As far as I see, SISU hold call the cards

Up to a point I agree. But this scenario is what I was thinking of when everyone was saying we wont go into admin because all the money is owed to Sisu. We're in a situation where that is no longer the case.

We're now at the point of Sisu having to either do a humiliating u-turn, or washing their hands on the whole thing.

Grendel

Up to a point I agree. But this scenario is what I was thinking of when everyone was saying we wont go into admin because all the money is owed to Sisu. We're in a situation where that is no longer the case.

We're now at the point of Sisu having to either do a humiliating u-turn, or washing their hands on the whole thing.

Or ACL concede a rent reduction of significant proportions which is of course what this is all about. New owners would reject the rent out of hand. Courts may even decide the rent is unfair. Fisher isn't stupid and he will have legal advice on this. The day in court may prove interesting and the u turn may not be from SISU.

The soothsayer

What did sisu expect would happen? if somebody was in rent arrears to sisu what would they do? try not paying your rent and see what happens. just underlines what a bunch of cheating chancers they are. I hope they get their clocks cleaned in court.

coundonskyblue

I dont think theres a court in the land that would rule against ACL, I dont know on what legal basis Sisu/CCFC can argue why they shouldnt pay the rent.

CJparker

Or ACL concede a rent reduction of significant proportions which is of course what this is all about. New owners would reject the rent out of hand. Courts may even decide the rent is unfair. Fisher isn't stupid and he will have legal advice on this. The day in court may prove interesting and the u turn may not be from SISU.

100% agree, which is a first I think for me and Grendel !!!

Sub

unless sisu are trying to get a decent squad together to try to get a/or any buyer intrested in buying the club. Especially if we are at the top or near the top of the division. i would think if ACL take ccfc/sisu to court it will take months to resolve the rent issue giving the team a chance to do well and them find new owners :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

Grendel

I dont think theres a court in the land that would rule against ACL, I dont know on what legal basis Sisu/CCFC can argue why they shouldnt pay the rent.

They will argue it is disproportionate to the business that they are in. ACL are on dodgy ground. SISU and CCFC are they main revenue generator. To put them into administration would mean the main revenue source goes. The council took Ipswich Town to court and ended up in a compromise deal.

Grendel

What did sisu expect would happen? if somebody was in rent arrears to sisu what would they do? try not paying your rent and see what happens. just underlines what a bunch of cheating chancers they are. I hope they get their clocks cleaned in court.

But if you lived in a studio bedsit in Hillfields and was charged a rent equivalent to a 5 bedroom house on the Kenilworth Road you would argue the contract was unfair and disproportionate.

Sub

i didnt think we were their main income any more :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

coundonskyblue

They will argue it is disproportionate to the business that they are in. ACL are on dodgy ground. SISU and CCFC are they main revenue generator. To put them into administration would mean the main revenue source goes. The council took Ipswich Town to court and ended up in a compromise deal.

ACL can just argue at what point did they force CCFC to sign such an agreement?

Just for the record I do think the rent is too high, however I have no sympathy with Sisu as they knew how much the rent was when they took over, and for 4.5 years did absolutely nothing about it. Also just not paying because you don't want to is childish and unprofessional.

Grendel

A court would tell you to move if you didnt like it.

No they would not. Contract Law gives some protection against unfair contracts. Surely you want SISU to get a reduction? Without it the club has no future.

Grendel

100% agree, which is a first I think for me and Grendel !!!

Well despite all the Filibusting about managers this is the big issue. The rent will ultimately destroy the club and has to be resolved.

coundonskyblue

No they would not. Contract Law gives some protection against unfair contracts. Surely you want SISU to get a reduction? Without it the club has no future.

With Sisu the club has no future.

I want the club to act in a professional way to start with. Paying its bills on time and negotiating properly. Then just maybe when they have proven themselves to be worthy of running the club I would consider a discount.

We are constantly being told that 'Sisu is the only show in town' and 'There is no alternative', therefore we should just get on with supporting the club.

Using that same logic 'The Ricoh is the only Stadium in town' and 'There is no alternative to ACL'.

Users who are viewing this thread