Refund Scheme (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I guess it is sort of season ticket related, but put it seperate:

Money Back. For the first time ever, the club has also decided to introduce a refund scheme to encourage more City supporters to sign up and back the Sky Blues for the 2016/17 season at the Ricoh Arena.

The scheme has four different sales targets, with a maximum discount of 30% and the size of the refund depending on the number of season cards sold. If the club sells over 7,000 season tickets, fans will receive a refund of 10%. If the club sells 8,500, fans will receive a refund of 15%. If the club reaches the magic mark of 10,000, fans will receive a refund of 20% and if we reach 15,000, a 30% discount will apply. If we reach the required targets, supporters will receive money back on their Season Ticket cards, which can be used for your 2017/18 Season Ticket.

For early bird purchases, the club have also decided to pay for the £6 Ticketmaster service charge of associated with buying a season ticket card.

Great idea!

torchomatic

Good idea. Good marketing too as it ain't gonna happen, is it?!

fernandopartridge

It's a good idea, it's basically saying the budget achieved through player sales will not vary so much if the club doesn't achieve its season ticket sale target. That said, if they get to 10k sales a season ticket would be £250, pretty good.

Here comes "Why don't they just sell them all at £250/£200 then the fans will buy them anyway" - this has never been proven.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Don't think its a bad idea at all, it at least trying to be creative in marketing for once

Just don't see us selling that number of season tickets, especially after the performances in 2016 and the price rises on ST's. Last years figure was 6000 wasn't it?

Here is a thought say we sold 15000 at £299 less VAT £50 after taking off the 30% discount then restricts the player budget by £675k

ccfc92

Don't think its a bad idea at all, it at least trying to be creative in marketing for once

Just don't see us selling that number of season tickets, especially after the performances in 2016 and the price rises on ST's. Last years figure was 6000 wasn't it?

Here is a thought say we sold 15000 at £299 less VAT £50 after taking off the 30% discount then restricts the player budget by £675k

The money still stays with the club though surely? Basically, if we sell 7,000, you get 10% off next seasons ST?

Edit: or is the refund on the card spendable at the Ricoh etc? I read it as it goes on your ST card which can only be spent at the club/ground?

Last edited:

Joy Division

I dunno, thinking back to this time last season morale amongst fans was much lower than we are now I would guess. Pre-season most of the talk was whether we'd stay up, at least this season we've seen a glimmer of hope. I'd guess we'll top that 6,000 for next season.

Terry Gibson's perm

I dunno, thinking back to this time last season morale amongst fans was much lower than we are now I would guess. Pre-season most of the talk was whether we'd stay up, at least this season we've seen a glimmer of hope. I'd guess we'll top that 6,000 for next season.

It also depends on how many are put off by the price

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The money still stays with the club though surely? Basically, if we sell 7,000, you get 10% off next seasons ST?

Edit: or is the refund on the card spendable at the Ricoh etc? I read it as it goes on your ST card which can only be spent at the club/ground?

stays on the card and the income figure in the SCMP calc is the amount actually received so it will affect the following year budget I think. No problem if we go up but if we don't it is

cov4theprem

This offer is not what it seems. Why would I want to buy tickets with the refund if I already have a season ticket? If we could use it in the shop or food/beverage that would be fine. Also to put towards the following season just means they increase the price by say 10-30% in the first place. This would only be an offer if they told us now that they will freeze the price for the following year.

ccfc92

stays on the card and the income figure in the SCMP calc is the amount actually received so it will affect the following year budget I think. No problem if we go up but if we don't it is

Sorry yes, I see what you mean. 10% off a championship ticket would be a lot of money. Forgot about promotion :)

I'm sure we will sell 6,999 ;)

ccfc92

This offer is not what it seems. Why would I want to buy tickets with the refund if I already have a season ticket? If we could use it in the shop or food/beverage that would be fine. Also to put towards the following season just means they increase the price by say 10-30% in the first place. This would only be an offer if they told us now that they will freeze the price for the following year.

What if we got promoted? We couldn't charge the same prices as L1?

cov4theprem

What if we got promoted? We couldn't charge the same prices as L1?

Agree, so we should be allowed to spend in shop or on food/beverage then it is as good as cash.

They could say that if we are in L1 following year then ST's will not increase. At least that way we know we get a saving otherwise is goes in the left pocket and comes out the right pocket - the effect is neutral

pusbccfc

Would be a good idea if it was 10% at 6000, 20% at 8000 and 30% at 10,000.

chiefdave

Agree, so we should be allowed to spend in shop or on food/beverage then it is as good as cash.

Is the infrastructure still in place for cashless?

The problem with that idea is they would have to pay ACL for everything fans purchased.

Ashdown

Here we go again, chicken and the egg situation, SISU won't invest at all and lay out money for the manager themselves, they are demanding that the fans put their money up front even without a proper squad in place. I don't do religion or faith or anything that represents the same blind trust, neither do many others and therefore I guess when people do part with their hard earned it will be towards the end of the summer when most of the best players have been snapped up by other clubs. We just go round in ever decreasing circles until they've fucked everyone off eventually !! Whilst this refund in itself isn't a bad policy, SISU need to at least use the Maddison money to start the ball rolling with investment................

Nick

Administrator
Here we go again, chicken and the egg situation, SISU won't invest at all and lay out money for the manager themselves, they are demanding that the fans put their money up front even without a proper squad in place. I don't do religion or faith or anything that represents the same blind trust, neither do many others and therefore I guess when people do part with their hard earned it will be towards the end of the summer when most of the best players have been snapped up by other clubs. We just go round in ever decreasing circles until they've fucked everyone off eventually !! Whilst this refund in itself isn't a bad policy, SISU need to at least use the Maddison money to start the ball rolling with investment................

Do you think we won't have a squad for the season then?

What about Jones / Gadzev?

Surely they started the investment before season tickets went on sale then?

Nick

Administrator
Post of the day

Is this not the disgusting SISU trying to switch the onus onto other supporters to provide the discount for the most loyal, hence creating a bit of a divide in the fans*again. The Sixfielders against the non Sixfielders type thing*again ? Considering we sold less than 5000 less year and the first discount is at 7000 do they not already know that its highly unlikely we are going to gain that many new die hards, hence it's just a simple price increase. Be interesting to see*how they are going to treat the match day ticket prices now.

ajsccfc

Post of the day

Is this not the disgusting SISU trying to switch the onus onto other supporters to provide the discount for the most loyal, hence creating a bit of a divide in the fans*again. The Sixfielders against the non Sixfielders type thing*again ?

The amount of tinfoil the author must get through, sweet lord.

torchomatic

Club says we have 6300 STH.

This.

The club will surely just add on (at least!) the relevant percentage to next years ST prices anyway, offsetting the value of the promised refund.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yes, you basically get a discount of match tickets or next years season tickets. Its pointless as we won't even break 7000

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's a good idea, it's basically saying the budget achieved through player sales will not vary so much if the club doesn't achieve its season ticket sale target. That said, if they get to 10k sales a season ticket would be £250, pretty good.

Here comes "Why don't they just sell them all at £250/£200 then the fans will buy them anyway" - this has never been proven.
tin foil hat time here and I'm probably sound like a wacko conspiracist but the discount is off next years seasons tickets, say in some fantasy land we got 10k this year then whats to stop them raising the prices on next years tickets by £50 to basically negate the discount?

Covstu

It's a good idea but obviously relies on bringing more through the door which lets face it there is zero incentive for new ST holders. This isnt really in anyone's influence but will be interesting to see how they keep everyone updated I.e. We are at X amount so we need a further 300 ST holders to get 30% off!

The ideal incentive would be for long service I.e. 5% for 5 years, 10% for 10 years etc that way you can keep existing as they wont want to loose their service. Vertually cost neutral also as the bulk won't have renewed at sixfields!

Nick

Administrator
It's a good idea but obviously relies on bringing more through the door which lets face it there is zero incentive for new ST holders. This isnt really in anyone's influence but will be interesting to see how they keep everyone updated I.e. We are at X amount so we need a further 300 ST holders to get 30% off!

The ideal incentive would be for long service I.e. 5% for 5 years, 10% for 10 years etc that way you can keep existing as they wont want to loose their service. Vertually cost neutral also as the bulk won't have renewed at sixfields!

Agree with that about long serving rewards!

theferret

The 7000 threshold is not totally unrealistic. We sold more than that in our first league 1 season. It's unlikely, ST sales I suspect will be more or less what they were this season. Perhaps if they'd set the lower threshold at the level of this season's sales it would have been greeted with less cynicism. Still, a decent concept.

cov4theprem

Why can't they additionally offer 10% discount on parking, food/drink and club shop. At least then you get additional savings the more you spend with the club, and makes it a perk.

Nick

Administrator
The 7000 threshold is not totally unrealistic. We sold more than that in our first league 1 season. It's unlikely, ST sales I suspect will be more or less what they were this season. Perhaps if they'd set the lower threshold at the level of this season's sales it would have been greeted with less cynicism. Still, a decent concept.

IF they can keep a totalizer thing, it could be good marketing and encouragement!

Users who are viewing this thread