Refund Scheme (3 Viewers)

Wheelfass

Chris Anderson needs to understand football fans a bit especially Cov fans who have been dumped on from a great height for years.
He also needs to understand that we're not being fooled into thinking we are being offered a refund and that this is in fact just a deferred discount incentive (as posted earlier). If ticket prices for 2017/18 had already been announced then it is conceivable that it could happen but if the suggested total of tickets sales acceded any of the discount levels then the club would simply adjust their prices to absorb the "discount".
Someone has posted about another club giving away shirts to ST holders of certain age groups. Now that's a real concrete incentive and not just flannel and maybe's. Even giving a free scarf to ST holders (like a few seasons ago) could give the feeling that the club are trying to give us something back for all the barren years.
Guess I'm fortunate to have seen 2 league titles and a FA cup win since 1962. However, anyone who's been a supporter since 87/88 hasn't had even a scrap of a jolly.
The club should stop trying to put the finger on us fans to bring them success by signing up for another season of support. The nucleus of loyal fans will always be there. It may be very simplistic to say but to increase the number of season ticket holders outside of the "loyal nucleus" there needs to be success on the field. Success on the field must be generated from the club with the present fan base to attract the stay away fans who will hopefully become a part of bigger things.
So, Mr Anderson. Entertain the people of Coventry, give us some success on the field and you will increase the fan base significantly. The first move needs to come from within the club though......not the other way around.

Ashdown

He also needs to understand that we're not being fooled into thinking we are being offered a refund and that this is in fact just a deferred discount incentive (as posted earlier). If ticket prices for 2017/18 had already been announced then it is conceivable that it could happen but if the suggested total of tickets sales acceded any of the discount levels then the club would simply adjust their prices to absorb the "discount".
Someone has posted about another club giving away shirts to ST holders of certain age groups. Now that's a real concrete incentive and not just flannel and maybe's. Even giving a free scarf to ST holders (like a few seasons ago) could give the feeling that the club are trying to give us something back for all the barren years.
Guess I'm fortunate to have seen 2 league titles and a FA cup win since 1962. However, anyone who's been a supporter since 87/88 hasn't had even a scrap of a jolly.
The club should stop trying to put the finger on us fans to bring them success by signing up for another season of support. The nucleus of loyal fans will always be there. It may be very simplistic to say but to increase the number of season ticket holders outside of the "loyal nucleus" there needs to be success on the field. Success on the field must be generated from the club with the present fan base to attract the stay away fans who will hopefully become a part of bigger things.
So, Mr Anderson. Entertain the people of Coventry, give us some success on the field and you will increase the fan base significantly. The first move needs to come from within the club though......not the other way around.

Great Post

Nick

Administrator
Who is ignoring Jones? Fans are however ignoring the signings of the likes of Ramage(Shivers) Fortune, Hunt, Henderson(Shudders) etc, and the list goes on... Get your head out of your arse for once Nick.. and actually READ what people are saying... TM made a shocking amount of shit signings this season..Or Are you forgetting?
Do you said tm made rubbish signings, I thought tm made the good signings but sisu the bad?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
[/B]

So what you're saying OSB58. The owners make a killing while at the same time the player budget is lower? Genuine question mate ;)

if income is refunded then that has to reduce the total income in the SCMP calculation and therefore the playing budget. That doesn't mean the owners get anything though ticket income and discounts belong to Otium/CCFC

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

I would agree with this in general

Sky Blue Kid

Put yourselves in their shoes. Would you invest money on the chance that self righteous arseholes like you might turn up to watch?

What level of investment are you after? Considering the FFP rules about living within your means?

Originally Posted by Sky Blue Kid Don't you ever stop and think, even for a second, if SISU made some proper investment in the playing staff(No I don't mean going overboard) but good, solid investment, that it just might entice fans such as myself and a hell of a lot of others back to watch our team? Or has that thought gone way over your head?

From one "Self righteous arsehole to a bigger one" Try reading what I've written in bold!!!

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
If anyone can make head or tail of what he's just said please let me know?!?!

That was on my phone earlier.

IT should have said

"So you said TM made rubbish signings".

If he was completely limited by SISU into getting Ramage and Hunt, how did he then get Jones and Gadzev?

skybluesam66

if income is refunded then that has to reduce the total income in the SCMP calculation and therefore the playing budget. That doesn't mean the owners get anything though ticket income and discounts belong to Otium/CCFC
your overall assumptions are not quite right
to offer a discount - the total revenue would be higher this year (and then again next year) to activate the discounts - and on the basis of this the total playing budget would increase versus last year (even after the discounts)- so in terms of FFP, there is virtually no risk

15000 @70% = 10500 @100% which is much more than current level of STH at 100%

SkyBlue_Bear83

It doesn't negate the discount. It's still a discount on the ordinary price.
Well it would negate it if the purposely raise it because of the discount.

And besides the point, you were saying it as if we get 10,000 then £250.00 is good value in your post. Well it's not £250.00 is it, if the prices were raised for the following season.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

That was on my phone earlier.

IT should have said

"So you said TM made rubbish signings".

If he was completely limited by SISU into getting Ramage and Hunt, how did he then get Jones and Gadzev?

Eactly what I said, shit signings by TM, never mentioned SISU! TM alone brought in those shit players. You must be thinking of someone else who said SISU. Why doesn't that surprise me?

Users who are viewing this thread