Refund Scheme (1 Viewer)

wingy

Anything out about the six and twelve game packages which were pretty successful this season ?
Also I take it these are the early bird rates, what is the Increase like after that.

Nick

Administrator
Anything out about the six and twelve game packages which were pretty successful this season ?
Also I take it these are the early bird rates, what is the Increase like after that.

I think they are releasing more aout match packages in the summer

SkyBlue_Bear83

The 7000 threshold is not totally unrealistic. We sold more than that in our first league 1 season. It's unlikely, ST sales I suspect will be more or less what they were this season. Perhaps if they'd set the lower threshold at the level of this season's sales it would have been greeted with less cynicism. Still, a decent concept.
Doubt we will break 6,000, for the discount to be active we have to sell 7,000 by the opening game. We were told there are 6,300 sth for the season and I'd guess that at least 500 of them were sold after the opening game when people were hopping on the bandwagon with the optimism built from the good start, with the price increase I would guess about 5,500 by the opening game

theferret

Doubt we will break 6,000, for the discount to be active we have to sell 7,000 by the opening game. We were told there are 6,300 sth for the season and I'd guess that at least 500 of them were sold after the opening game when people were hopping on the bandwagon with the optimism built from the good start, with the price increase I would guess about 5,500 by the opening game

I think it will be slightly more than that, but probably in that ballpark. There was a surge in sales in the lead up to Xmas this season, pre-season sales were 5800.

Just making the point that we have sold 7000 STs in league one at the Ricoh before, and that was the last season when we had an installment plan. I think that alone will boost sales a bit, as will raising the free ST age from 7 to 13. I think someone once said that 20% of season ticket sales were on finance before they stopped offering it.

Londonccfcfan

CA has done his calculations , he hasn't plucked these figures from thin air.

Its a win win scenario for the club!

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think it will be slightly more than that, but probably in that ballpark. There was a surge in sales in the lead up to Xmas this season, pre-season sales were 5800.

Just making the point that we have sold 7000 STs in league one at the Ricoh before, and that was the last season when we had an installment plan. I think that alone will boost sales a bit, as will raising the free ST age from 7 to 13. I think someone once said that 20% of season ticket sales were on finance before they stopped offering it.
They've raised the free ST by one year, last year U12s went free. The main difference is that last year the free ST only applied to to the family zone but now applies to all areas.

Nick

Administrator
They've raised the free ST by one year, last year U12s went free. The main difference is that last year the free ST only applied to to the family zone but now applies to all areas.
That's much better too

fernandopartridge

tin foil hat time here and I'm probably sound like a wacko conspiracist but the discount is off next years seasons tickets, say in some fantasy land we got 10k this year then whats to stop them raising the prices on next years tickets by £50 to basically negate the discount?
It doesn't negate the discount. It's still a discount on the ordinary price.

Wheelfass

The club are calling this scheme a refund......

RE-FUND

v.t.
1. to give back or restore (esp. money); repay.
2. to make repayment to; reimburse.
n.
3. an act or instance of refunding.
4. an amount refunded.

It isn't really a refund at all is it.
It's more of a DEFERRED DISCOUNT INCENTIVE.....Don't you think.

Nick

Administrator
The club are calling this scheme a refund......

RE-FUND

v.t.
1. to give back or restore (esp. money); repay.
2. to make repayment to; reimburse.
n.
3. an act or instance of refunding.
4. an amount refunded.

It isn't really a refund at all is it.
It's more of a DEFERRED DISCOUNT INCENTIVE.....Don't you think.
But they could say they are restoring the balance of season ticket funds. It won't happen anyway

Sky Blue Kid

Don't think its a bad idea at all, it at least trying to be creative in marketing for once

Just don't see us selling that number of season tickets, especially after the performances in 2016 and the price rises on ST's. Last years figure was 6000 wasn't it?

Here is a thought say we sold 15000 at £299 less VAT £50 after taking off the 30% discount then restricts the player budget by £675k

So what you're saying OSB58. The owners make a killing while at the same time the player budget is lower? Genuine question mate ;)

Wheelfass

But they could say they are restoring the balance of season ticket funds. It won't happen anyway
I think restoring should be giving it back to source and not re-investing. However, I think you're right.....it won't happen.

Nick

Administrator
Being asked to buy into, something that we know nothing of quality, quantity etc..... in other words, Blind Faith.
But you don't go, so it doesn't matter does it?

Is anybody getting a season ticket just based on the refund thing? I doubt it

rupert_bear

I doubt very much if season ticket sales will exceed this season's our early season promise, going top of the league looking good for play offs atleast then falling away so dramatically and management seemingly at a loss how to rectify it has had an effect. I am not a season ticket holder but went to all home games except 2 and a few away games. The crowd I sit by a dozen or so most are season tickets holders from what they say a good proportion of them are going pay on the day. To sell 7000 by the start of the season in my opinion there would have to significant signings for that to
happen

Sky Blue Kid

But you don't go, so it doesn't matter does it?

Don't you ever stop and think, even for a second, if SISU made some proper investment in the playing staff(No I don't mean going overboard) but good, solid investment, that it just might entice fans such as myself and a hell of a lot of others back to watch our team? Or has that thought gone way over your head?

Wheelfass

That's right, nobody is going to be rushing around putting up the £'s trying to increase the number of ST's because they think it will benefit them financially the season after next.........will they!!!

Sky Blue Kid

That's right, nobody is going to be rushing around putting up the £'s trying to increase the number of ST's because they think it will benefit them financially the season after next.........will they!!!

Don't know for certain Wheelfass, but perhaps the loyay 1k that followed to Northampton might? Blind Faith and all that ;)

Nick

Administrator
Don't know for certain Wheelfass, but perhaps the loyay 1k that followed to Northampton might? Blind Faith and all that ;)
People will be buying a season ticket to watch their team play football, if they got a discount next season I'd guess they would see it as a bonus.

I very much doubt anybody had seen this and thought they had best rush to get one because of it.

I'd guess people like yourself who are offended by it have no intention of getting one anyway.

SkyBlueZack

Can't see the problem people have got. They have made an effort but are still wrong. The pr is improving but I would have kept jones signing quiet. Loaned him. People think he's an exciting prospect. Announce we will do everything in our power to sign him but will face competition. Sign him and fans are/may be impressed. Thing is they announced it because they had received some of the maddison money and would have been accused of pocketing it. Problem is whilst they are in charge some people will not forgive. I'm not saying forget. I'm not saying let them off the hook for employing idiots to run the club. Just try and judge things on individual merits. This is trying to encourage more people to buy. To create a better atmosphere. Ti increase the budget for court cases, sorry I mean players. Whilst at same time having one eye on the future and providing an incentive for renewals and rewarding loyalty. Could this have been done from day one? Yes. Should it have been done? Certainly. We are the heartbeat of the club. As I said don't forgive them but please let's try and do our best for our club. Encourage friends and family and strangers that together we can nake a difference. United we have more say and more power. I await the shower of abuse of not knowing what I'm on about.

Nick

Administrator
Can't see the problem people have got. They have made an effort but are still wrong. The pr is improving but I would have kept jones signing quiet. Loaned him. People think he's an exciting prospect. Announce we will do everything in our power to sign him but will face competition. Sign him and fans are/may be impressed. Thing is they announced it because they had received some of the maddison money and would have been accused of pocketing it. Problem is whilst they are in charge some people will not forgive. I'm not saying forget. I'm not saying let them off the hook for employing idiots to run the club. Just try and judge things on individual merits. This is trying to encourage more people to buy. To create a better atmosphere. Ti increase the budget for court cases, sorry I mean players. Whilst at same time having one eye on the future and providing an incentive for renewals and rewarding loyalty. Could this have been done from day one? Yes. Should it have been done? Certainly. We are the heartbeat of the club. As I said don't forgive them but please let's try and do our best for our club. Encourage friends and family and strangers that together we can nake a difference. United we have more say and more power. I await the shower of abuse of not knowing what I'm on about.

I'd guess in a few weeks it will be "we need 600 more" etc like a count down to get some hype / buzz about it.

Ashdown

I've always thought a points system should be introduced for supporters and discount directly related to personal spend. If a person goes to all the home matches and all the away matches and spends a few quid on merchandise etc they should be rewarded with points towards refunds or vouchers etc ??
On a side note I read that Port Vale are doing a similar refund operation to CCFC and on top of that all 9-17 year old ST holders will be given a free home shirt !

Nick

Administrator
I've always thought a points system should be introduced for supporters and discount directly related to personal spend. If a person goes to all the home matches and all the away matches and spends a few quid on merchandise etc they should be rewarded with points towards refunds or vouchers etc ??
On a side note I read that Port Vale are doing a similar refund operation to CCFC and on top of that all 9-17 year old ST holders will be given a free home shirt !

Agree with that, loyalty bonus.

Sky Blue Kid

People will be buying a season ticket to watch their team play football, if they got a discount next season I'd guess they would see it as a bonus.

I very much doubt anybody had seen this and thought they had best rush to get one because of it.

I'd guess people like yourself who are offended by it have no intention of getting one anyway.

Please refer back to my post #53 many thanks :whistle:

Nick

Administrator
Please refer back to my post #53 many thanks :whistle:
So they aren't getting players?

We had a squad last season more than capable of competing.

Again, signings like Jones just get ignored. Tm started early recruiting.

People just find the next excuse not to bother.

Price, weather, owners, players etc.

Everybody saying come back to ricoh and the fans will be back, after one game all gone again.

Sky Blue Kid

No abuse at all mate, but do you see it happening?...... Naahhhhh, nor me.

rupert_bear

A lot who buy season tickets will be die-hards who would buy if we dropped to the conference no problem with that, I just don't see many new st holders jumping on board but see a fair few not bothering. It's okay writing books etc but Chris Anderson needs to understand football fans a bit especially Cov fans who have been dumped on from a great height for years.

Sky Blue Kid

Everybody saying come back to ricoh and the fans will be back, after one game all gone again.

Who is ignoring Jones? Fans are however ignoring the signings of the likes of Ramage(Shivers) Fortune, Hunt, Henderson(Shudders) etc, and the list goes on... Get your head out of your arse for once Nick.. and actually READ what people are saying... TM made a shocking amount of shit signings this season..Or Are you forgetting?

Sky Blue Kid

And YOU find excuses to totally ignore what I've said and written!

Sky Blue Kid

Don't you ever stop and think, even for a second, if SISU made some proper investment in the playing staff(No I don't mean going overboard) but good, solid investment, that it just might entice fans such as myself and a hell of a lot of others back to watch our team? Or has that thought gone way over your head?

Don't worry Nick I've done it for you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread