Reda (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Good.

#RedaJohnsonDay

End of the day it's opinion .
However if you delve into the stats , you will see that the club has a far better record with him that it does without him since he arrived..
Therefore i can only assume that your opinion is based on some sort of weird hatred for the guy that is blinding your view of his ability .
The FACT is that , and i know many through various away days and england away trips ..
A huge portion of fans state that reda is a player they would take from coventry in a heartbeat in league 1 .
The bloke gives 110% every single time he puts on the shirt , and genuinely loves the fans .
In my opinion to write "good" about your own clubs player missing a season through injury is frankly fucking weird .
He will be a big miss

SkyBlue_Bear83

He got the injury when he turned away from the tackle, that's what would have ruptured the muscle, not the actual tackle itself.

No, the tackle took away his standing leg. Thus making him do the splits unintentionally which is what likely caused the hamstring injury

SkyBlue_Bear83

The club have said they won't terminate his contract and stick with players, according to the Twitter account. Might be a shrewd way of playing the violins and guilting him into another year.

So they should, if the club were shrewd in the summer they will only be paying a fraction of his wage now anyway. If not then that is bad negotiating.

Its only right the club stand by Reda and continue helping/funding his rehabilitation as he got injured whilst playing for our club.

Kingokings204

I'm gutted. He was my fav city player and his goals and excitement got me on the edge of my seat. He will be a big miss and a dent to any play off hopes for sure. Any big player would be.

As for his contract really don't know how these things work but why would he take a pay off? Surely no point.

Don't get why jug said "good" that's not a fan response. Even if you don't like him.

Evo1883

I would love james o connor from walsall , has 7 months left on his contract though

SkyBlue_Bear83

Gutted to lose him, he has faults and can be a bit kamikaze at time but in other aspects he is among the best in the division.

Evo1883

Reda for coventry 44% win rate 32% draws 24% loss...._ a goal every 4.25 games from CB

Last edited:

SkyBlueScottie

I tore my hamstring years ago and it is agony but I was back playing in six weeks after physio twice a week, seems it must be a bad tear if somebody who could have intense physio will take all year to get back.

Significant tendon damage as described by the telegraph.

Glad to see he club are standing by him and that hopefully bodes well if he makes a decent recovery and Mowbray wants him for next year.

Terry Gibson's perm

Significant tendon damage as described by the telegraph.

Glad to see he club are standing by him and that hopefully bodes well if he makes a decent recovery and Mowbray wants him for next year.

Yep seen this now much worse than mine I guess.

He will be back for operation premiership 2 next year!

covcity4life

mental breakdown going on here,painful to watch

lets hope new defence can keep us picking up wins for now and give the manager time to find just the right person if he does want to bring someone in

Johnnythespider

Reda for coventry 44% win rate 32% draws 24% loss...._ a goal every 4.25 games from CB
This is the worry for me. I think we will be able to cover him defensively but his threat in the opposition penalty area is what sets him apart.

Nick

Administrator
In the last few games he hasn't had much of a sniff from corners that I have seen. :( Not saying he never does, just doesn't seem as often as last season.

stupot07

I'll ask again, has anyone seen the replay from the incident?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

no i have not seen a replay. i was in line with it from row d(but on opposite side of pitch) all i saw was the cryff turn and foul

wish i could go back in time and tell him to just clear it for throw in lol

chiefdave

The club have said they won't terminate his contract and stick with players, according to the Twitter account.

It's the right thing to do and I wouldn't have thought you could just decide to terminate someones contract anyway. Normally only happens when they have somewhere lined up to move to so would be of mutual benefit.

Si80

wish i could go back in time and tell him to just clear it for throw in lol

Agree entirely with this. He should have just cleared his lines and got back into position rather than trying to take the man on. As that bit of play went on it felt like he was enticing a challenge to come in from the player.

Obviously it did and now he's scuppered his season.

AFCCOVENTRY

I would expect he and the Club have Insurance to cover this.

Indeed Every player is insured against injury.

What kind of message would it be to other potential players joining the club in the future if we just terminate a contract if you get injured?

Johnnythespider

In the last few games he hasn't had much of a sniff from corners that I have seen. :( Not saying he never does, just doesn't seem as often as last season.
I would agree with this but I was referring more to his goal average.

lifeskyblue

Funny thing is with Reda I always expected a mistake but also concerned if he wasn't playing. We will miss his presence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSid

I have long thought that some professionals just don't have a body that is able to withstand the physical efforts of constantly playing and training. It seems to be regardless of ability too. Some are plagued by injury through their careers and others never seem to pick up any at all.

Michael Owen was such a player who always seemed to have lay-offs and Reda Johnson is just another who seems to break easily, despite his hefty physique. Over the years we do seem to have had more than our share!

Hobo

If he has damaged tendons, they are notoriously slow healers as they get little blood supply. I know this because I have had quad tendon trouble for the last two years. You rest them start physio and they just break down, very frustrating.

he has done well this season and I was confident Mowberry would improve his positional play and make him more consistent.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Reminds me of when I signed Sam Hutchinson on football manager. Fans were gutted when I didn't give him a new contract but I couldn't justify offering a player who doesn't even play half a season a contract, whether he's liked or not.

This is the scenario I suspect Reda will find himself in come the end of the season.

This is now a second injury hit season he's spent with us. Can we justify continuing with that, even if the bloke is a tank at the back when he plays (albeit one who's passing is somewhat suspect at times :D).

Good luck Reda with your recovery!

Users who are viewing this thread