Reda (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

Announcement tomorrow, you don't reckon we are going to try and pay off his contract as he is out for the season...

Terry Gibson's perm

Hopefully going to say back Saturday but more likely out for a few months .

Evo1883

Could be the case ,if so it may be for the best ,but would be gutted because at this level defenders like reda are hard to come by IMO .
We could also be jumping to conclusions but it doesnt sound good

Samo

Announcement tomorrow, you don't reckon we are going to try and pay off his contract as he is out for the season...

Why would you think that? Yes he's injury prone but playing below his level.

Ccfcisparks

If it was merely an announcement about length of injury why would mowbray say he's got to discuss options with Reda?

stupot07

Possibility out for the season? Out for most of last season too.

His injury record over the last 6-7 seasons is shocking, although we don't know the full story yet, this was always the concern about renewing his contract. Fingers crossed we're all being over melodramatic and it's just a decision on course of action (e.g whether to have an op now or try and play through it)

Evo1883

If you think Reda Johnson is good enough for the Championship you need your head examined.

I think he was , the reason no championship side will consider him is quite simply his injury history ..hence why he is in league 1

SkyBlue_Bear83

Would be sad a way for it to end if the club terminated his contracted, at the very least if this did happen I would expect the club to continue helping him with his rehabilitation.

Really hope it isn't that!

SlowerThanPlatt

Reda out, Pennington in on loan? Free up wages and I know Pennington isn't such a dominant player but better defender imo.

higgs

Would u play Willis centre back and move ricketts to right back or just play Willis right back?

SlowerThanPlatt

Remember how long Reda's contract situation rolled on for in the summer? My thinking is that Cov offered him a lower wage with a mutual termination if he is out for a long period of time agaiin. Obviously, it took so long because he was looking for a non injury contract clause, but never found one because of his record, therefore had to settle for a risky contract here.

covcity4life

Yeh ha sme depressed. Pennington on loan would help matters mind.

I think the poster on page 2 might be right. Maybe we put it as a clause that if injured longer than 3 months we can end contract or something

Ffs shit timing. Everything looking up

Samo

Remember how long Reda's contract situation rolled on for in the summer? My thinking is that Cov offered him a lower wage with a mutual termination if he is out for a long period of time agaiin. Obviously, it took so long because he was looking for a non injury contract clause, but never found one because of his record, therefore had to settle for a risky contract here.

Can't see it. Why would he sign that? You either take a chance on a crock or you don't. We did because he is quality.

junglej13

Given Reda's injury record I'd be amazed if he had accepted a deal which effectively didn't cover him in the event of an injury. It does sound ominous though.

georgehudson

whatever the situation with RJ, TM will have a reasoned & constructive way to deal with the situation, i for 1 hope that his injury is not as serious as 1st feared, his injury record is nevertheless of concern, but he has, this season, with the help of TM, looked to have stabilised his situation, i trust, with TM's overview, that RJ will surface to the benefit of CCFC

BlueElephant

At the start of the season this would have bothered me but can we all just take a moment to appreciate the job Aaron Martin has been doing. Fantastic improvement from the calamitous guy we had last season.

Gazolba

Surely after his injury record last season and his injury record during the years before he joined us, we would have had something written in the contract to cover a long-term injury situation.

Otis

Matthew Pennington on loan to the end of the season for me. Very solid and reliable and will slot in well into our back 4

Yep, be delighted if we could get him back and it would be easy to slot him straight back in with him already knowing so many players here and the training facilities and area etc.

speedie87

Reckon it might be a case of speaking to Reda about his treatment. Could be he'd be back quicker with an operation but he'd rather not have an operation.

D

Deleted member 4439

Reckon it might be a case of speaking to Reda about his treatment. Could be he'd be back quicker with an operation but he'd rather not have an operation.

This is along the lines of my first thoughts on hearing TM, rather than the more dramatic (but not necessarily wrong) assumptions/suggestions being made.

speedie87

Just read Tm's quote an he says we need to have a good chat about what the procedures might be. So def think it's this rather than contracts options

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Am I the only one who thinks Pennigton wasn't that good?

I think slightly unfair to say 'wasn't that good' but didn't think he was as exceptional as others seem to think. Would happily take him to replace Reda again though but I'm sure TM will have someone in his own mind who he wants to bring in instead. I work with an Everton fan (who's never watched Pennington) and seemed sure he would be a prem star in the future despite my reservations that he didn't particularly look that much above our level. Football fans though ey?!

Users who are viewing this thread