Reda (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

The question is not so much how long will he be out, it's when he comes back, how long will he be in before he is out again?

Grendel

The question is not so much how long will he be out, it's when he comes back, how long will he be in before he is out again?
The reality is he gets injuries and doesn't recover well.

As someone else pointed out some players are worse than others for this - he's just not able to compete week in week all season as his record proves.

There's no way we can justify another contract for him unless it's appearance based.

It's a loss as he's a regular and capable. It's not like losing a scorer or creator like Leon Clarke though so it's not the end of the world,

We will need another defender though - probably two. Haynes is the only back up and he's just not good enough to play at a professional level other than the odd few minutes. So it's a problem but not a disaster.

letsallsingtogether

The reality is he gets injuries and doesn't recover well.

As someone else pointed out some players are worse than others for this - he's just not able to compete week in week all season as his record proves.

There's no way we can justify another contract for him unless it's appearance based.

It's a loss as he's a regular and capable. It's not like losing a scorer or creator like Leon Clarke though so it's not the end of the world,

We will need another defender though - probably two. Haynes is the only back up and he's just not good enough to play at a professional level other than the odd few minutes. So it's a problem but not a disaster.

No not a disaster but we can ill afford another injury to our back line or it may well be.
Feel we need another Big scary defender who isn't scared of putting it about, and can score he odd goal from set pieces.

Grendel

No not a disaster but we can ill afford another injury to our back line or it may well be.
Feel we need another Big scary defender who isn't scared of putting it about, and can score he odd goal from set pieces.

I agree that with Willis still injured and Phillips not yet proven at this level we need a new signing but would we rather a quality full back? Ricketts is a great signing and compliments Martin so who knows - but we need back up for sure.

higgs

Hope it's not a career ending injury for reda in his position and with his size will his body hold up when he returns to play professional football again

SkyBlueSid

It does seem that Johnson recovers slowly from injuries. Maybe we don't know the full details of his succession of injuries but he never seems to miss a game or two like most players, it's always reckoned in terms of months.

I'm afraid I was one of those who would have offloaded him in the summer on the basis of his injury record over several seasons. On a limited budget no club in our League can afford to have players who are unavailable for more than half the games. For that reason alone we need to get rid next summer.

bawtryneal

With all the bickering and infighting on here has any stopped to think how Reda must be feeling. Absolutely gutted I would think. Could be the end of his career at this level and last of the decent contracts. I expect he will end up in lower French league next season.

higgs

Gutted for the bloke very unlucky with injuries I hope he makes it back from this nasty injury hope he stays around the club he's a popular figure hope the players get promotion for him

Grendel

Gutted for the bloke very unlucky with injuries I hope he makes it back from this nasty injury hope he stays around the club he's a popular figure hope the players get promotion for him

It's silly comments like that that get the likes of juganaurt irked and rightly so.

Grendel

oh be quiet, juggernaught has been found out,lol you backed the wrong horse

I think those that backed an injury prone defender and insisted he should be offered a new deal are those that backed the wrong horse.

covcity4life

dont think injury was down to any history, also it was worth the risk. got us to near top in first 13 games, maybe it will end up being vital

also fans can be wrong

fans CANNOT say "good" when one of their players is out for the season

CHECKMATE

ajsccfc

While Johnson has been injury prone, I don't think this injury falls under that same remit. Like if Darren Anderton had his legs broken or similar.

fernandopartridge

While Johnson has been injury prone, I don't think this injury falls under that same remit. Like if Darren Anderton had his legs broken or similar.

Yes, it's a freak injury. I feel sorry for the bloke, I don't think he's absolutely brilliant but he is a talisman.

Grendel

dont think injury was down to any history, also it was worth the risk. got us to near top in first 13 games, maybe it will end up being vital

also fans can be wrong

fans CANNOT say "good" when one of their players is out for the season

CHECKMATE

I didnt say good.

It's not good as we need another replacement and he was capable at this level, but it's also silly to make some kind of tribute like win promotion for him.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I didnt say good.

It's not good as we need another replacement and he was capable at this level, but it's also silly to make some kind of tribute like win promotion for him.

No, but the other tit on here said it was good which is why people then jumped on his comment.

covcity4life

I didnt say good.

jug said good, hes an idiot so just dont try make out hes in the right

as for the comment in question,its harmless and not really worth highlighting. its important not be miserable 247 gren

J

Jack Griffin

I think those that backed an injury prone defender and insisted he should be offered a new deal are those that backed the wrong horse.

End of last season I was saying he should be let go, then I became convinced by TM's early season statements that Reda could be protected and therefore manage more games over the season, but ultimately that strategy failed, it was too risky. It is time to bring in an experienced defender who is not injury prone and not renew Reda's contract.

Having said that I do hope he finds a future position in Football or Life, he is clearly a well liked (if slightly mad) bloke, it may be time to consider coaching or punditry as a sideline.

johnwillomagic

Shame he had started well this season we all knew the risks, I was one who said no but after
seeing him early season was praying I would be eating humble pie.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, looking back would be easy to say I was right TM was wrong
but now actually agree it was worth the risk just gutted we could not get at least half the season out of him!

That being said Martin has done well and it is an opportunity for him, Willis, Phillips and Haynes to try to prove they
are good enough particularly first three as Stokes has earned the right to be guaranteed starter at LB at the moment.

higgs

The bloke gave everything on the pitch for our club and team mates but that's it now harsh but time to move on and get behind the players left on the pitch hopefully get a crack at the play offs this season I'm sure tony will use whatever form of motivation he can out of this to galvanise the squad pusb

Specs WT-R75

We knew the risks... I think the fact that TM had got him playing first 12 games is a testament to TMs management of the player. We all expected him to be injured but not a serious injury like this - you can't legislate for that... If he was only out for 4-6 weeks would everyone still be reacting like this.

Personally if we get out of this league then I'd thank Reda for his service and look elsewhere, but if we are still in L1 there are not many better CD around and if we don't take the chance then there will certainly be other clubs in this league that will not hesitate. <cough> Bury <cough>!

Joy Division

but if we are still in L1 there are not many better CD around and if we don't take the chance then there will certainly be other clubs in this league that will not hesitate. <cough> Bury <cough>!

I disagree with this, with his injury record I really doubt other clubs would want to risk only having him for half a season. He's had a terrible injury record before this and now this injury on top of all previous will make it harder. Good player but we made a mistake unfortunately.

I think for his sake he needs to think about his life after football, to have this many injuries on the human body is very tough.

Users who are viewing this thread