Realistic signings (4 Viewers)

ccfchoi87

Come on FP let us not pretend most of our fans have a clue about football

Nice of you to comment on a football thread. Haven’t seen you since you made yourself look silly talking about Jordan Willis

David O'Day

Nice of you to comment on a football thread. Haven’t seen you since you made yourself look silly talking about Jordan Willis

What he didn't play at the end of that season so I was right but to be fair I do notice you have the looking silly talking about football gig locked up.

Bet you even phone in to BBC WM

Magwitch was right you do talk shite

ccfchoi87

What he didn't play at the end of that season so I was right but to be fair I do notice you have the looking silly talking about football gig locked up.

Bet you even phone in to BBC WM

Magwitch was right you do talk shite

You said he was dropped after Lincoln, he wasn’t. He played the following game vs Cheltenham and lost his place for the final game of the season due to illness... but you already know this. I take it you didn’t make many games last season. You can join FP in saying I’m clueless because I repeated a stat if you want.

David O'Day

I have a season ticket mate

Willis didn't play at the end of the season, I was right and no amount of dribbling from the likes of you will change that.

I have no idea who you are but as you've decided to pick a fight with me I'm going to bury you on ever post you make.

Yes you are fucking clueless and need watching as well.

ccfchoi87

I have a season ticket mate

Willis didn't play at the end of the season, I was right and no amount of dribbling from the likes of you will change that.

I have no idea who you are but as you've decided to pick a fight with me I'm going to bury you on ever post you make.

Yes you are fucking clueless and need watching as well.

You said he was dropped and he wasn’t. Anyway I look forward to your stalking.

hamil99

Facebook User
Right now I'd be happy if we kept the whole squad together.

Plus the permanent signing of.
O'Hare
Hamer
Decosta

And a couple of good loans from the prem, including a striker.

TomRad85

Don't really see the problem with people giving opinions on who they think will or won't perform well when we step up a level. My major gripe with these types of threads is always the lack of imagination... ask people who we should sign and 90% come back with players we once had or players we are already linked with.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueCRJ

One thing you can almost be certain of is that when the signings are announced, none of these names are likely to be them! I hardly knew any from last year before they were announced!

IMO, I doubt we'll have any prior knowledge about the majority of our signings this summer as I think most will be unknowns coming from abroad. I think it was Badlan that stated last season, if we are to attract Championship quality players they're going to have to come in from abroad, as effectively it's the only way we're going to be able to afford players of such a standard. The English market is far too inflated and expecting CCFC to compete against other clubs in the Championship for players - whether they be from the PL or the EFL - is just completely unrealistic.

Last edited:

David O'Day

I would stick with them all tbh. They got better as the season went on.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

All we need at the back is a left back. People are also saying we need a Kelly replacement but he is the glue that holds the midfield together. Need to replace Walsh and O'Hare and then look at the budget left before we decide where to strengthen.

Folk seem to think we can sign a whole new team.

TomRad85

All we need at the back is a left back. People are also saying we need a Kelly replacement but he is the glue that holds the midfield together. Need to replace Walsh and O'Hare and then look at the budget left before we decide where to strengthen.

Folk seem to think we can sign a whole new team.
We'll sign another centre back, all it takes is one of the 3 to get injured or just not take to the step up and we're fucked.

We'll sign a minimum of 6 players.

SBAndy

We'll sign another centre back, all it takes is one of the 3 to get injured or just not take to the step up and we're fucked.

We'll sign a minimum of 6 players.

I expect it’ll be more like 7-9. One (maybe two) CB, a LWB, a RWB, two CMs, one (maybe two) AMs and a striker.

This is including backup options. The example used with Kelly - we don’t really have a player to step in if he were to get injured, and also worth having a younger version for continuity. I believe this is where Jordan Houghton comes in.

Magwitch

I think we are going to have to be a bit more patient re. new players signing than usual, still a number of matches to happen with all the leagues until early July the beginning of which is the usual time pre-season training starts, but it’s been mentioned that the new season won’t commence until the end of September, over three months away with the transfer window going onto the end of October. Robins will have a list of preferential targets probably drawn up some months ago may even have a revised list now with a lot of players up for grabs due to cut backs etc.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I expect it’ll be more like 7-9. One (maybe two) CB, a LWB, a RWB, two CMs, one (maybe two) AMs and a striker.

This is including backup options. The example used with Kelly - we don’t really have a player to step in if he were to get injured, and also worth having a younger version for continuity. I believe this is where Jordan Houghton comes in.

Eccles is a DCM, but obviously wouldn't provide the leadership or experience Kelly does. Big ask of him though.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He is but I wouldn’t be confident throwing him into a possible relegation scrap in the Championship. Much rather he spent at least 6 months out on loan getting game time in L1/L2.

I was thinking more for the bench and if Kelly was out for a match or two. Plus the cup(s) as we may have fewer of those games to play next year to test players. But a L2 loan would be ideal as long as he was playing regularly.

Magwitch

He is but I wouldn’t be confident throwing him into a possible relegation scrap in the Championship. Much rather he spent at least 6 months out on loan getting game time in L1/L2.
It’s not a case of “throwing him in”
If he’s deemed good enough play him, we did with Baylis, Maddison and McCallum. Been on the fringe of the first team because he is a good player and a prospect.

SBAndy

It’s not a case of “throwing him in”
If he’s deemed good enough play him, we did with Baylis, Maddison and McCallum. Been on the fringe of the first team because he is a good player and a prospect.

And if Kelly gets injured? What then?

Edit: I say this because that role is probably the place we have the least cover, especially when we’re stepping up a level.

JimmyHillsbeard

Interesting looking at the Villa forum that the fans don't seem that keen on keeping O'Hare. Suits me, but I think they will regret it. Particularly if they go down.

Callum O'Hare

bloody hell. I’ve just got over the shock of the Sunderland messageboard being full of reasonable and balanced views about us and our season and you show me a V*le one with similar level-headed appraisals of themselves and us and a player we had on loan from them. Insight and even intelligence from Villa fans? What is the world coming to?
#SHFWF

Users who are viewing this thread