Realistic signings (3 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

Leeds last night signed a centre back who has been named in the current Germany squad so I think they’re looking just a little bit higher than Michael Rose...

Seamus1

I’m just going to put a couple of other names out there, based on absolutely no inside information, a look on Wikipedia and no rumours or anything. But how about Mo Besic on loan as a CDM, played over 50 games on loan at Middlesbrough in the Championship, also on loan at Sheffield Utd last season but did not feature much. Maybe Everton could cover some of his wages...he clearly does not have much of a future there.

As for another striker option; Scott Hogan...scored 7 in 17 on loan at Birmingham City last season (those did come on a run of 7 in 8...and did not do anything upon the resumption after the COVID break...then again, no Birmingham player did by all accounts.

Last edited:

Saddlebrains

I think we will see one of Field/Garner/ Sheaf and a left field loan none of us saw coming.

Think its clear Max is on his bike but there will also be another of Jobello/Kasta i feel to help with the finances.

The youngsters, Rowe, Eccles etc on loan

SlowerThanPlatt

Josh Cullen at West Ham. 24 years old and been on loan for 4 consecutive seasons, the last two seasons at Charlton, can’t be long before he’s moved on

skyblueelephant76

I’m just going to put a couple of other names out there, based on absolutely no inside information, a look on Wikipedia and no rumours or anything. But how about Mo Besic on loan as a CDM, played over 50 games on loan at Middlesbrough in the Championship, also on loan at Sheffield Utd last season but did not feature much. Maybe Everton could cover some of his wages...he clearly does not have much of a future there.

As for another striker option; Scott Hogan...scored 7 in 17 on loan at Birmingham City last season (those did come on a run of 7 in 8...and did not do anything upon the resumption after the COVID break...then again, no Birmingham player did by all accounts.
Hogan is on £17k a week at Villa and Bournemouth are after him.

Samo

Posted August 16 (edited)
On 15/08/2020 at 20:08, Spoons said:
Crazy that people actually think that Walsh is going to be our saviour this season.
He's not good enough for championship football.
I have not seen any poster say he will be a ‘saviour’ but he is an incredible talent who proved that at Coventry and was the outstanding midfield player league 1 last season. He showed glimpses of his ability before out on loan, and this has been recognised by LJ who said as much before the old heave ho. I do not expect him to be a saviour, but I am expecting him to be on the team sheet and spraying that ball around and the creative player we have all been dreaming off for ages (Bannon style)

This from a Bristol City Forum.
Differences of opinion on Walsh

ccfc_Tom

Fulham are listening to loan offers for Kevin McDonald and Stefan Johansen following the arrivals of Harrison Reed and Mario Lemina this evening.

Kevin mcdonald could be a good loan signing, big player for fulham last time they were promoted to the prem.

fernandopartridge

Fulham are listening to loan offers for Kevin McDonald and Stefan Johansen following the arrivals of Harrison Reed and Mario Lemina this evening.

Kevin mcdonald could be a good loan signing, big player for fulham last time they were promoted to the prem.
He's a decent player, very experienced but not sure he is what we need

Skybluedownunder

Seeming as we appear to be after Man Utd youngsters, don’t see why we don’t also go for this guy who got released by Utd seeming as we will have wages freed up by Kasta leaving, will be a similar replacement. Yes he’s linked with big clubs but he’s been without a club for over 2 months now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magwitch

See what you are saying but being just because you are at Manchester United Acadamy it doesn’t make you good enough especially for a club looking to get into the prem. These are the players who go to the Crewe’s, Salford’s and Oldhams then progress if they can.

SlowerThanPlatt

See what you are saying but being just because you are at Manchester United Acadamy it doesn’t make you good enough especially for a club looking to get into the prem. These are the players who go to the Crewe’s, Salford’s and Oldhams then progress if they can.

We’re a club looking to get into the Prem? Boddy and Robins have both said the aim is to stay up?

TomRad85

Scott Fraser still not signed for anyone... 100% would take

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueMatt

Besic would be a great addition to the team, tenacious midfielder. Though he's not a player we could afford, he'll be on around 50k a week. I've heard on here that O'hare is our highest earner on 10k. Even if we matched that, we're still along way off making it financially viable for Everton.

Everton are trying to shift about 8-10 players from the first team squad, players that would do very well in the championship. Problem is these players are all on huge contracts.

hill83

Hogan is on £17k a week at Villa and Bournemouth are after him.

NCum.gif

KenilworthSkyBlue

All our rumours have gone a bit quite lately. Hope we get a fresh face or two in by the weekend

Given that we've been linked with Sheaf, Garner and Field, I don't think it's totally illogical to suggest that we could get one of those over the line. We'll have to wait and see to find out whether that will happen by the weekend though.

Users who are viewing this thread