Realistic signings (2 Viewers)

Hobo

The defence and goalkeeper are our best assets. We got promoted based on them almost alone.

To say you want to sign a CB over a striker is absolutely mental. If we don't strengthen our strikeforce we are getting relegated.

That depends. Managers are always looking to improve the team and they have their targets; although landing them is easier said than done.

Sometimes you have to sign who is available if it improves the squad.

We still have time to coax targets through the door and I am sure a couple of gaps can be plugged with loans. I am sure we have a sign list and a loan target list.

Somerset Sky Blue

junglej13

I see Sheff Weds and Birmingham have had bids of £1m accepted for West Broms Jonathan Leko. He'd be a good addition for any Championship side I think... Although did have a knee injury which stunted his season on loan at Charlton last season.

Bertola

Sadly, we will be without some of them...though a few are only minor injuries and should be fine.

More importantly, any news on Walsh leaving? 😁

Surely, even if we do have a chance of signing Walsh, it would make sense for Bristol to drag it out until after they play us? IT's only a couple of weeks away now, so they could easily do it, and then allow him to join the day after the game

Last edited:

Somerset Sky Blue

Surely, even if we do have a chance of signing Walsh, it would make sense for Bristol to drag it out until after they play us? IT's only a couple of weeks away now, so they could easily do it, and then allow him to join the day after the game
IF he signed (however unlikely), would bcfc be able to insert a clause that he can't play in this game? (I guess not as he would be one of ours)?
Though, if they don't think he is good enough for their squad, surely they can't be worried facing him! 😁

win9nut

Or come to a "gentleman's agreement" a la Thorne re Juke to Boro

SleepyGinger

If the sheaf deal is no longer on, I’d take Ben Watson on a short term deal depending on wages, just been let go by forest, plenty of experience.

Skybluedownunder

If the sheaf deal is no longer on, I’d take Ben Watson on a short term deal depending on wages, just been let go by forest, plenty of experience.

I’d rather take James Garner of Man Utd who’s a DM.

Boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer describes him as: "James Garner is a Michael Carrick but 20 years younger".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

I’d rather take James Garner of Man Utd who’s a DM.

Boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer describes him as: "James Garner is a Michael Carrick but 20 years younger".

Garner would be a great addition. Slightly worried that it’s quite possible we’d put out a side where the oldest outfield players are Dabo, Hyam and Rose at 24.

SkyBlueGuy

A friend has told me he seen on Twitter that Tyler Walker is ‘apparently’ having a medical today

If you search Tyler Walker on twitter, there seem to be about 5 clubs signing him. Bristol Rovers fans think he is the replacement for JCH and Hull were also meant to be signing him yesterday... 🤷‍♂️

shmmeee

If you search Tyler Walker on twitter, there seem to be about 5 clubs signing him. Bristol Rovers fans think he is the replacement for JCH and Hull were also meant to be signing him yesterday... 🤷‍♂️

MK Dons seems fairly convinced too. The fact it’s mostly kid table L1 sides worries me a little TBH b

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

My mind has gone blank. Who have we been linked with upfront? Anyone?

A few.
Tyler Walker has been doing the rounds again recently.
Someone linked us to another Brighton player on loan, Gyokeres
Kayden Jackson
Obligatory James Collins and Lawrence Shankland rumours.
Chelsea youngster Ugbo was but has gone on loan to Belgium.
Dadashov of Wolves gone to Grasshoppers on loan
Tall lad from Germany called Phillip Hoffman playing second tier
I remember Forss was mentioned from Brentford but not sure if that was a genuine link or a wishlist. Same with Chris Martin

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

KenilworthSkyBlue

We are linked with West Brom midfielder Sam Field

Ironically another one that has done his ACL.

Was once very highly rated there though. Remember having a chat with their Commercial Director when they were relegated from the Premier League and he was lauding him to no end.

Users who are viewing this thread