Realistic signings (1 Viewer)

cooperskyblue

All our rumours have gone a bit quite lately. Hope we get a fresh face or two in by the weekend
Exactly the way I like it. Ostigard no one had a clue, Walker again really was out of the blue. It's not gone quiet at all, after last weeks signings and the performance vs Posh I am confident. Robisn said deffo atleast 1 more to come in, so lets just wait and see.

SleepyGinger

Can’t help but feel like we could do with another option in one of the 2 attacking midfield spots, potentially an exciting youngster on loan to take Some of the goal scoring burden off the strikers.

mr_monkey

For the money I would think we would be asking for for rose I doubt anyone would buy him whilst he is injured and not proven in the championship, January may be a different matter

If it is an out it'll be kasta, max or a kid on loan

But the rumour is an in so I would guess maybe that lad from the baggies or finally getting sheaf over the line

SleepyGinger

For the money I would think we would be asking for for rose I doubt anyone would buy him whilst he is injured and not proven in the championship, January may be a different matter

If it is an out it'll be kasta, max or a kid on loan

But the rumour is an in so I would guess maybe that lad from the baggies or finally getting sheaf over the line

My worry is he has 1 year left on his contract, with the signing of ostigard and no news on a new deal I feel like this could be the move that funds our deals for hamer, Walker, potentially sheaf/field.

Really hope I’m wrong because the signing of rose to a new deal would be the best signing of the summer.

mr_monkey

My worry is he has 1 year left on his contract, with the signing of ostigard and no news on a new deal I feel like this could be the move that funds our deals for hamer, Walker, potentially sheaf/field.

Really hope I’m wrong because the signing of rose to a new deal would be the best signing of the summer.

Absolutely and I think if we start strongly we will get him signed up and it's definitely a top priority

Those signings would have funded by the TV money from getting promoted so no need to worry about needing sales to cover them, plus we should hopefully have some money from the Wilson sale soon which will help not needing to sell anyone to balance any books

Magwitch

Wouldn’t be surprised if Rose left the interest from Leeds may intensify now they have missed out on Ben White, price would be interesting though Forest for example just about to sell their left back to Villa for £16million. Football has now become a harsh business and star players with just a year to run on a contract hold the aces I’m afraid.

mr_monkey

Wouldn’t be surprised if Rose left the interest from Leeds may intensify now they have missed out on Ben White, price would be interesting though Forest for example just about to sell their left back to Villa for £16million. Football has now become a harsh business and star players with just a year to run on a contract hold the aces I’m afraid.

But Leeds have just bought a defender for 20 mil from Germany instead of Ben White.... Rose is very good but unproven at championship level so there is no way Leeds would sign him for the same role that they saw Ben White

SlowerThanPlatt

Leeds signed a German international at centre back, do you really think the link was real?

Magwitch

I agree and I doubt if Leeds carried on their with apparent interest it would be to go straight in their first team they will be squad building too.

SleepyGinger

I don’t think the Leeds interest was ever genuine but a player like Rose with a year left on his contract would be attractive to a lot of teams, even more so if it gets to January or next summer. Just get him on a long term deal ASAP.

Sky Blue Harry H

"miserable/pessimistic" - 57 years of supporting Cov, not suprising really. I am averse to wild optimism and the problem is that most football fans are endemically wildly optimistic. We tend to forget we are part of a business..and one that has had a near death experience.
Fair play. I've only got 54 years behind me, so perhaps the pessimism is due to kick in over the next season or two😂

SBAndy

I don’t think the Leeds interest was ever genuine but a player like Rose with a year left on his contract would be attractive to a lot of teams, even more so if it gets to January or next summer. Just get him on a long term deal ASAP.

I’d be gobsmacked if the club don’t have a year extension in their favour written into his contract. Almost become standard practice for us now.

no_loyalty

Can’t help but feel like we could do with another option in one of the 2 attacking midfield spots, potentially an exciting youngster on loan to take Some of the goal scoring burden off the strikers.

Marcus Maddison is still sitting at home doing fuck all.

SleepyGinger

Interesting comments from robins about Jodi Jones...

“I would like to see Jodi stay with us. I would like to see him progressing but it’s a question of how he progresses.

“But I can’t answer that honestly at this point because there’s so much work to do.”

mark82

Interesting comments from robins about Jodi Jones...

“I would like to see Jodi stay with us. I would like to see him progressing but it’s a question of how he progresses.

“But I can’t answer that honestly at this point because there’s so much work to do.”

When is that from?

Users who are viewing this thread