Realistic signings (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Sounds to me just what I think which is he’s clearly got talent but does he fit the roles available as well as the other more established players and can you get him what he needs right now in terms of first team football.

I am coming around to the idea that a loan out to build up match fitness and get him into the groove again is worthwhile.

no_loyalty

Sounds to me just what I think which is he’s clearly got talent but does he fit the roles available as well as the other more established players and can you get him what he needs right now in terms of first team football.

I am coming around to the idea that a loan out to build up match fitness and get him into the groove again is worthwhile.

Yes he needs minutes, would be good to loan him out to a lower league team (Sunderland).

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd leave it for a while. A lot of games early on and if either Allen and O'Hare the 2 creative players behind the forwards pick up an injury, there could well be a role for JJ. Too good to ship out too soon in the season.

Frostie

I'd leave it for a while. A lot of games early on and if either Allen and O'Hare the 2 creative players behind the forwards pick up an injury, there could well be a role for JJ. Too good to ship out too soon in the season.

Spot on & Robins is obviously thinking the same.

“I think we must keep him around it because he could be somebody who works his way into the team, because he’s an undoubted talent."

If he can't force his way in early doors then sure a loan would become an option, he needs games more than anyone.

Frostie

He is a decent player to be fair, I imagine the only reason he can't find a club is because of his wage demands.

And because he will simply down tools & hold clubs to ransom to try & get his own way.

Since then he refused to play at Hull too & MacAnthony insisted that Peterborough wouldn’t re-sign their former star “if he offered to pay us to play.”

cooperskyblue

I said it before I'll say it again I would be shocked if we let him go out on loan. Robins has been very good with managing fans and Jodi's own expectation of him. As other posters have said I think this is designed to take pressure off him. I think both parties want it to work so we can justify giving him a longer deal, as simple as that.

TomRad85

Anyone else think we might still go for another holding midfielder (Field) even if we get Sheaf? Ideally you'd want 2 in every position and I don't think Eccles is Championship ready.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Winny the Bish

Anyone else think we might still go for another holding midfielder (Field) even if we get Sheaf? Ideally you'd want 2 in every position and I don't think Eccles is Championship ready.

Shipley has been playing the DM spot in pre-season. He's also cover.

cooperskyblue

Yes I wouldn't be surprised if we did. I was trying to think what the other 2 players could be and I wouldn't be shocked if we got another in. Would only take an injury and a suspension and we would be down to bare bones again.

Although buzzing with our business we are ready and anyone now is just a bonus I think

Deity

Yes I wouldn't be surprised if we did. I was trying to think what the other 2 players could be and I wouldn't be shocked if we got another in. Would only take an injury and a suspension and we would be down to bare bones again.

Although buzzing with our business we are ready and anyone now is just a bonus I think
I’d like a lighting fast young forward and an experienced goalkeeper

mr_monkey

I’d like a lighting fast young forward and an experienced goalkeeper

We already have a lightening fast forward in walker and I'm not sure what sort of quality experienced keeper we would get to keep the bench warm but in an ideal world I would like one of them

Legia Sky Blue

I disagree. Jones is someone that has the ability to offer something different. It would be criminal to deny ourselves that option for those occasions a game needs changing. Even if he comes off the bench only twice in the season & turns games in our favour, it could be the difference between staying up and going down.

The other thing that puts me off loaning Jones to League 1 or 2 is the lack of protection that type of player gets. The higher up the ladder you go the more refs give protection to flair players. If he goes down a level I can see it more likely that some thug defender will put him back on the treatment table.

SeaSeeEffCee

Reckon we might bring in a couple on loan just to bolster midfield and defence, but they’d only be cover and not anything for the starting XI.

Alkhen

They have had a bid of a million rejected according to sky sports, would be a very strange move
Bizarre but seen rumours that Bournemouth are after Kayden Jackson to replace Wilson.

anyone else think Bournemouth might have a right shocker this season? Massive turn over of players, Managers unproven lots of potential to slide down the leagues I recon

mr_monkey

anyone else think Bournemouth might have a right shocker this season? Massive turn over of players, Managers unproven lots of potential to slide down the leagues I recon

I agree completely, I think they are the next Sunderland

Didn't realize until I heard it on a podcast today that they haven't made any singings so far this summer but have lost a lot of players and I imagine at least king and Brookes will go in the next few weeks

KenilworthSkyBlue

Bizarre but seen rumours that Bournemouth are after Kayden Jackson to replace Wilson.

Not all that surprising really if you look at their current financial situation. Broadcasting revenue accounted for 82% of their total turnover in the Premier League. With no money from ticketing, the drop in commercial revenue, sponsorship and of course the Premier League TV money, their financial situation is perilous to say the least. This isn't even including the £81m owed to other clubs in transfer installments that are still left to pay.

If memory serves they also had one of the worst wages to revenue percentages in the Premier League last season. Despite ridding themselves of the many of their 'high earners' this summer, their current wage bill will still be far above what's in budget. I believe if my facts are correct they still have at least 14 players on £30k+ a week - and that's a conservative estimate as reports suggest that some of those are on £40k - £50k pw.

The fact that they haven't brought in any players so far in the window, yet have let go, loaned out, or sold around 25 players is also an indication that all is not well at Dean Court.

I feel they could struggle next season as even with the amount they are likely to receive in parachute payments and players sales, what's available to spend on players could potentially be limited in comparison to their promotion chasing 'rivals'.

junglej13

I think the market will start to go a bit crazy the next few days. A lot of clubs at the top chasing the same players and subsequently paying over the odds foe them. Villa paying up to £33m for Watkins is outrageous. All this money will trickle down.

Mucca Mad Boys

Said a few week back I think they’ll implode. They’ve had a fire sale. But, have they signed anyone decent?

Users who are viewing this thread