"Realistic" free transfers or signings only (3 Viewers)

SkyBlueCRJ

Stephen Warnock released by Derby
34 years of age.

Not that I'm not happy with Stokes at LB but I'm sure I read that TM was looking at someone else in that position

Warnock will probably be going to Wigan. The someone you mentioned was an exciting young prospect from a premier league club that TM has been keeping tabs on. No need to bring in a player on high wages in a position that does not need strengthening

CCFC88

Woodgate released by Middlesborough today, Mowbray took him back to Middlesborough for his second period with the club.
36 now and only played 8 games in the last two years, clearly thought to be off the pace in the Championship but could do a job for us off the bench when we are trying to protect a lead, would organise well and still have a good head for the game.

Wouldnt be suprised to see him come here with a view to getting involved in the coaching side of things and play when needed, past injuries and age mean he is not the answer but I'd take him as a last resort option over Ricketts at CB.

skybluegod

Woodgate released by Middlesborough today, Mowbray took him back to Middlesborough for his second period with the club.
36 now and only played 8 games in the last two years, clearly thought to be off the pace in the Championship but could do a job for us off the bench when we are trying to protect a lead, would organise well and still have a good head for the game.

Wouldnt be suprised to see him come here with a view to getting involved in the coaching side of things and play when needed, past injuries and age mean he is not the answer but I'd take him as a last resort option over Ricketts at CB.

No thanks, well beyond it, we don't need any last resort players. Sign first choice players, before we fill out the squad. Ricketts is more than adequate back up, as his Cian Harries. Need 2/3 first choice Cb's now.

no_loyalty

Would take Nicky Law from Rangers who has just been released.

* Ryan Allsop offered a 2 year deal by Bournemouth, they must be desperate *

Chipfat

Ed Upson, Joe Edwards would be 2 decent free signings right age and experience on multi year deals would be good business.

Bristol sky blue

Lyle Taylor would be a good signing

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Unlikely to get Taylor now that AFC Wimbledon have gone up.

As I said on another thread, I think we should be after Scott Wagstaff (attacking midfielder just been released by Bristol City)

hamil99

Facebook User
Calton Cole anyone? apparently he is being released by Celtic, if the wages could be negotiated, i think he would be a good striker in League 1

stupot07

Calton Cole anyone? apparently he is being released by Celtic, if the wages could be negotiated, i think he would be a good striker in League 1
No thanks, can we please give "names" a wide berth and he managed just 5 appearances last year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

23yr old Midfielder Billy Knott released by Bradford, could be worth a look?

crazylegsjoe

Nicky Law was a great player for my team in Scotland, Motherwell, before he went to Rangers. I think he might have gone slightly backwards due to the fact he was playing against part time opposition for Rangers, but I still think he could do a very good job for us in League One.

I'd avoid Carlton Cole, he had a stinker in Scotland last season and left at the centre of a bust up with the Celtic fans.

The Scottish Press are also linking us to Paul McGinn of Dundee today. Worked his way up the lower leagues in Scotland to be impressive in the top flight for a couple of seasons. Wigan and Fleetwood apparently interested too.

no_loyalty

Ed Upson, Joe Edwards would be 2 decent free signings right age and experience on multi year deals would be good business.

Don't understand why Millwall have released Upson as he is decent, maybe on too big money for league one level?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Steven Davies has been released by Bradford too. Can't recall f he played against us, but only signed for them last season, and don't think they sign many slouches. Looks like a big built player.
Davies was the player who got sent off for Bradford at the Rioch. Decent player but has had his fair share of injury problems.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Mark Duffy who would have been a quality signing has joined Sheffield United on a free. (Along with everyone favourite Stuart Broad lookalike Chris Hussey)

Users who are viewing this thread