"Realistic" free transfers or signings only (3 Viewers)

ccfchoi87

Mowbray will be looking at Leon Clarke as he did last year. Also wants to bring in 2 centre halves as harries and ricketts will be back up. Ricketts also going to be doing some defensive coaching.

covcity4life

he will take personality into account so i am not sure leon will be back

if JOB rocked the boat imagine what sulking leon could do? although the players seemed to get on wtih him i guess

SBAndy

Dan Burn from Fulham? Certainly a dominant centre half. Out of contract and announced to be leaving.

covcity4life

samuel back could be an option, probably wont have too many championship teams after him and after a season at gills i am sure he will see more potential in a move to cov

Londonccfcfan

A top number 10 is what we need.

Bradley dack will cost million or two, so out of our depth, but George Moncur would be realistic, top signing, apparantly mk dons, Peterborough and Barnsley are in the hunt.

Why can't we spend 300-400k on him!

We should be going in for a quality number 10, right age too, scores plenty of goals too.

Gaz

I would think he will cost a decent amount and I'm not sure we would have that
Though I'd be very pleased if we signed Ajose

ccfc_Tom

Bradley dack will cost million or two, so out of our depth, but George Moncur would be realistic, top signing, apparantly mk dons, Peterborough and Barnsley are in the hunt.

We should be going in for a quality number 10, right age too, scores plenty of goals too.
Exactly and if we still don't go up could easily sell him for at least twice that in a year or two

Gaz

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at one of the teams coming down to league one

steve82

Peterborough, Barnsley, MK Dons and charlton are a few after him it's reported but Colchester are willing to cash in. Could be priced out of that to be honest

Winny the Bish

Jamie Devitt is out of contract at Morecambe. Had 7 goals and 15 assists(!) in League Two last year for a team that finished 4th bottom. 25-years-old and he's a winger if my memory serves me correct. Worth a punt?

skybluegod

I'd be surprised myself, his spell at Leeds was a disaster

So was Mcgoldricks at Forest? Yet he came down a league got his confidence back and is now at Ipswich.
He would be a good player at championship level, if the manager had faith and he wasn't dropped for a dip in form.

steve82

Another player who can play the no 10 is Graham Carey of Plymouth he's the option of another year like stokes so would require a small fee I guess.
He's currently scored 12 goals and has 15 assists.

Marty

I really like the look of Kane Hemmings at Dundee, Watched him play in the Dundee derby (what a terrible standard of football), He was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch, Very Leon Best-esque. Just looked on Wiki, he has 2 years left on his contract so that probable rules him out.

SkyBlueCRJ

Definitely agree with you here. This is the aspect of the squad we have been hugely missing since Clive Platt. IMO i certainly do not consider Fortune/Henderson as Mowbrays B/C because both were below par and especially with Henderson who was simply a panic buy, by Mowbray due to the fact that our season was deteriorating fast. I would absolutely love a player in the mould of Hanson, players such as himself terrorises defences. People on this forum often say that League One is full of brutes but you have teams such as Port Vale whose CB's are relatively lackluster. With Remee Streete and Ryan Innis coming to mind. Whilst talented, they would have a horrible time trying to deal with the likes of Haber/Hanson for 90 mins. Overall i agree though I think this is the type of forward we desperately need but also along with a mould of Armstrong. Hopefully Mowbray can see clearly that plans B/C are crucial to getting out of this league this year. In your opinion what plan you consider Tudgay fitting into?

Chipfat

FW-Simon Cox, Lee Novak, A Williams
DEF-Sam Hutchinson, J Egan, S Brisley
AMC-Gab Ledesma Harry Chapman
WM-Obika, Dave Worrall, Lee Freclington or Jay O Shea

Any of the above would be good signings and would add to what is needed within the squad.

SBAndy

Other players on free transfers:

Jack Payne (Southend)
Sam Mantom (Walsall)
Yaser Kasim (Swindon)

Not saying we could necessarily get any of these, but would it be wise to attempt for them with a non-promotion release clause in the contract?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Also released by Birmingham was Mark Duffy who was on loan about Burton this season right side of midfield and he was named in L1 team of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread