"Realistic" free transfers or signings only (3 Viewers)

georgehudson

Charlie Faulkner, @ Stratford Town, sign him up before the clubs (prem & ch'ship), who are sniffing around, do
he was injured when CCFC played them this season,
a Cov kid who would love to play for his hometown club

georgehudson

a striker, only 17/18, already had trials with Stoke & other midlands clubs, playing in a league that has plenty of hard seasoned proffesionals, so is learning to cope with fottballs bruisers,quick, skillful, & has an eye for goal, could be the next Vardy

Wiseoldfool

a striker, only 17/18, already had trials with Stoke & other midlands clubs, playing in a league that has plenty of hard seasoned proffesionals, so is learning to cope with fottballs bruisers,quick, skillful, & has an eye for goal, could be the next Vardy

Why don't you phone the club they are looking to recruit volunteer scouts.

Terry Gibson's perm

Why don't you phone the club they are looking to recruit volunteer scouts.

They just need to look on here they have had loads of little known players mentioned, I like the business they are trying to do at the moment might not excite the season ticket holders short term but may work in time

Sky Blue Harry H

Await the 'not him' shouts but Nathan Cameron seemed to get on the end of every other attacking corner that Bury had in the first half of the season. Scored quite a few. Not sure about his defending though?

no_loyalty

not free, but I would spend some of the Maddison money on George moncur

Would love both here but don't think either would come, more likely go to low end championship clubs if anywhere

xcraigx

Jayson Leutwiler, Shrewsbury keeper is out of contract. Played behind a terrible back 4 this season but is a very decent keeper at this level.

skybluedan

Would take moncur, matty Taylor. But would hope Tm goes back in for Nicky ajose

steve82

"Realistic" free transfers or signings only

Akinde of Barnet took his goals well today. Not sure if hes generally any good but got a brace

Seen akinde's goals a few times and seems clumsy type of player like adebola I suppose. Not sure if he could cut it in league one and progress further. Done well this season scored 21 in 47 with 8 assists also.
* just read Martin Allen has critisised his scoring from open play as 11 of his goals are pens. Could teach us something lol.

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Seen akinde's goals a few times and seems clumsy type of player like adebola I suppose. Not sure if he could cut it in league one and progress further. Done well this season scored 21 in 47 with 8 assists also.
* just read Martin Allen has critisised his scoring from open play as 11 of his goals are pens. Could teach us something lol.

Get him and just sub him on when we get pens then? :D

Presume of his gaffer is criticising him in any way that he won't be with them much longer?

ccfc_Tom

I think kyel reid is on a free (on loan at bradford) signed a 2 year deal in 2014 with preston. He looked quality against us at the ricoh.

ccfchoi87

Don't know if he's been mentioned but Billy kee from Accrington Stanley has 17 goals 14 assists. Big lad formerly of Scunthorpe but has just signed a new contact and seems to be enjoying it at Accrington so may command a fee.

Last edited:

Chipfat

I can't see fees being paid to be honest, i think what TM has to do is find free agents that have something to prove in the game, very much in the Stokes mould. He is the right age, to hand a 1 year deal to with an option of extending. We have to build our squad up of our players and then use the loan market to boost or cover any area that needs a higher calibre of player that is out of reach in money or perm terms.

I dont want to see multiple loan players gaining experience, knowledge and press, when our own kids are sitting in the stand. We need a future, blood our own if they succeed then sell or let them grow with the club, whatever the plan is we can't have this transfer policy in its current status. I do think TM is trying to change the place and the structure, he however needs time and support from the club and fans. We have come off our best season in years and that improvement no matter how disapointting the end we came very close to a play off spot. No need to change just need to push on and let Harries, Stevenson, G Thomas, Kelly Evans twin's And maybe Leahy come through and see what we have in them.

Future on the field could be bright if we look back at where we have come from, we just need to see what can be built under TM, MV and Richard Stephens.

AFCCOVENTRY

I think the odd fee may be paid like Vincelot.

Interesting to see out of the relegated teams from L1 if there are any decent players.

We are paying for Jones a nominal fee.

Chipfat

I think the odd fee may be paid like Vincelot.

Interesting to see out of the relegated teams from L1 if there are any decent players.

We are paying for Jones a nominal fee.

Im not saying we dont have the ability to pay a fee i just think TM will go through a list of free agents and then decide on how he spreads the money available. I m not to down on the season or the next just see how it goes.

no_loyalty

TM will probably go in for one of his old mates Robert Koren

Chipfat

I would be amazed if TM goes for the dads army theme again, i think he knows now he needs the stokes type in age and desire on multi year contracts to build a squad good enough to last.

Hobo

He knew he need more players and a bit of experience. He had a budget to work to and could only sign who was available....they were worthwhile punts that didn't come off. Neither has he saddled the club with longer contracts than necessary.

I would ask who did he miss out on in January? I am not aware of anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread