Reading (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

If greggs really wants a fight we should try and see what places we can get him to turn up to.

Still really, really fucking sad that he's threatening violence because people have pointed out his own posts to him.

Greggs

I wasn't chipping away. You said the bloke was black and it was a black bloke attacking white blokes.
Sorry, it was a dark brown bloke attacking slightly off cream people (this is a joke) That wasn't my point, you're poisonous. My point was how race vs race is published in the press. That's all.

Greggs

I'm not threatening violence. Just a chat face to face

Otis

I worry that these days we so much jumping to conclusions and it can be dangerous.

I think that all people were saying yesterday was to wait for the facts.

The Broadgate thing showed us that. The reports on the internet were widely way off the mark.

David O'Day

If you are going to put someone on ignore, just ignore them. This ignore and wind up routine is toxic and stinking this place out.

I hadn't mentioned him until he started to threaten me with violence. So how do you figure that?

rob9872

I think we can all agree that greggs needs to go and have a wank to cool off and relax, but I do find it quite ironic that O'day resorts to personal insults about weight, height etc whilst engaged in arguing about discrimination and hatred. Certainly not as bad as racism before someone points out how they're different, but demonstrates enough hypocrisy that he should take a look at himself and his debating as it renders some often valid points as being hollow.

Grendel

I worry that these days we so much jumping to conclusions and it can be dangerous.

I think that all people were saying yesterday was to wait for the facts.

The Broadgate thing showed us that. The reports on the internet were widely way off the mark.

To be fair you’d discounted the fact it was a terrorist attack when it was pretty clear it was from the beginning

TomRad85

David offers fights all the time, now someone wants to take him up on it I'm guessing he's not up for it?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
If you are going to put someone on ignore, just ignore them. This ignore and wind up routine is toxic and stinking this place out.
Exactly, people need to grow the fuck up.

I think some people need to stick to Twitter and brag about blocking people.

Otis

To be fair you’d discounted the fact it was a terrorist attack when it was pretty clear it was from the beginning
Not true.

I thought in my mind it was probably terrorist related, but police then made a statement that they didn't believe it to be terrorist related at that stage.

At that point I was every much let's wait and see.

Entirely sensible.

Ian1779

Always the same scenario, known to MI5, history of crimes, etc. For scum like this, we should have tiny cells, living on bread and water, no exercise, no communication to the outside world, make the next 40 years hell, then execute him. We've taken him in (wrongly imo, but everyone knows my views on that) and he turns around and thanks us like this, we should have a one strike and your out policy for all immigrants.

A fundamental failure on policy here by those responsible.

Nick

Administrator
Not true.

I thought in my mind it was probably terrorist related, but police then made a statement that they didn't believe it to be terrorist related at that stage.

At that point I was every much let's wait and see.

Entirely sensible.

Did they actually rule it out? I still haven't seen where they said this.

It was said within a couple of hours it was terror related, I posted a screenshot.

NorthernWisdom

BBC says:

Police say the multiple stabbing is “not currently being treated as a terrorism incident".

Det Ch Supt Ian Hunter said: "However, officers are keeping an open mind as to the motivation for the incident and are being supported by colleagues from Counter Terrorism Policing South East."
Of course this makes me a lefty radical football hating bisexual.

Otis

Did they actually rule it out? I still haven't seen where they said this.

It was said within a couple of hours it was terror related, I posted a screenshot.
My understanding is, Nick, that on Saturday night it was said to be terror related. I didn't see that at all. I only picked up on the story Sunday morning and there the statement from the police was that they didn't believe it to be teror related.

Has anyone said they completely ruled it out? I certainly didn't.

Don't think anyone has said it definitely wasn't terror related have they. Maybe I missed it if so.

I just saw the police saying they didn't think it to be.

Nick

Administrator
Of course this makes me a lefty radical football hating bisexual.

Wasn't that just one article from the BBC though? It was the BBC saying it wasn't, rather than the policeman.

I mean, counter terror police were raiding his flat that night which was also being reported.

Pretty obvious it was and as it turns out, it was....

NorthernWisdom

Wasn't that just one article from the BBC though? It was the BBC saying it wasn't, rather than the policeman.

I mean, counter terror police were raiding his flat that night which was also being reported.

It was reported as:

Police say the multiple stabbing is “not currently being treated as a terrorism incident".

Det Ch Supt Ian Hunter said: "However, officers are keeping an open mind as to the motivation for the incident and are being supported by colleagues from Counter Terrorism Policing South East."

Matt Hancock even said it wasn't being investigated as terrorist, moments before it was. It appears however, that to point that out makes one uber political, reek of tie-dye, and have a massive beard and smoke a pipe.

Skybluefaz

“This is not currently being treated as a terrorism incident, however officers are keeping an open mind as to the motivation for the incident and are being supported by colleagues from Counter Terrorism Policing South East.

From the Thames Valley Police website, to be fair you are right, it obviously looked like a terrorist incident. However I'm with Otis in that I will wait until it's confirmed.

*UPDATED* Murder investigation launched – Reading | Thames Valley Police

Grendel

A fundamental failure on policy here by those responsible.

I agree - there are an estimated 40,000 suspected people like this guy - we really should look long and hard at our asylum system - anyone on this list should be made available to the public and any non uk citizens on it sent packing tomorrow

Nick

Administrator
Matt Hancock even said it wasn't being investigated as terrorist, moments before it was. It appears however, that to point that out makes one uber political, reek of tie-dye, and have a massive beard and smoke a pipe.

That was more aimed at the likes of DOD who want to make every single thread about their politics bullshit. Lefty this, righty that, gammon this and that. "Oh I have so and so blocked but I read what they say anyway".

David O'Day

That was more aimed at the likes of DOD who want to make every single thread about their politics bullshit. Lefty this, righty that, gammon this and that. "Oh I have so and so blocked but I read what they say anyway".

WTF are you talking about?

Where have I made this thread about left or right?

Get help mate

Nick

Administrator
I agree - there are an estimated 40,000 suspected people like this guy - we really should look long and hard at our asylum system - anyone on this list should be made available to the public and any non uk citizens on it sent packing tomorrow

Exactly, far too soft.

If somebody commits a violent crime in this country after being allowed in then they should be sent back. They make their choice when they commit the crime.

Users who are viewing this thread