Rangers interested in Hamer (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

I would hate Hamer to move on so early in his Sky Blue career he has the potential to be a top player, but then will he achieve that here. Football continually moves especially nowadays. If one out brings three in plus a wedge of money you can see why it might happen, still only rumour but then is there smoke without fire.

Frostie

It's literally a nothing story yet so many on Twitter & Facebook have whipped themselves into a frenzy over it 🤦🏼‍♂️

This morning alone I've already seen:

"Typical SISU looking to cash in"

"Knowing us we'll sell him on the cheap'

"He's a Champions League winner one day - easily"

& another suggesting his "realistic current value is £25m - £30m"

Ccfcisparks

It's literally a nothing story yet so many on Twitter & Facebook have whipped themselves into a frenzy over it 🤦🏼‍♂️

This morning alone I've already seen:

"Typical SISU looking to cash in"

"Knowing us we'll sell him on the cheap'

"He's a Champions League winner one day - easily"

& another suggesting his "realistic current value is £25m - £30m"
Think the last one is CC84Cov

standupforcity

If we have any real aspirations to remain in the Championship and aim for the Prem...we cannot afford to sell players like Hamer...we are so lucky to have him and the kind of player we've been wanting for years...and there aren't many out there to replace him right now...

robbiekeane

we sold Wilson for £1m about 7 years ago, Maddison for £3m anout 5 years ago, Bayliss for £1m-£2m a couple of years ago, and people are saying we’d only get £3m for Hamer when he’s the best player in his position we’ve had in about 20 years and transfer fees are absolutely mad I’m this division despite having no fans 😂

Absolutely clueless

Londonccfcfan

we sold Wilson for £1m about 7 years ago, Maddison for £3m anout 5 years ago, Bayliss for £1m-£2m a couple of years ago, and people are saying we’d only get £3m for Hamer when he’s the best player in his position we’ve had in about 20 years and transfer fees are absolutely mad I’m this division despite having no fans 😂

Absolutely clueless
Tbf it's only a few who saying £3M.

cov donkey kick

I'd never heard of hamer till we signed him so I think there must be more gems of players out there but also we will sign duds taking the risk like kastaneer taking the risk with overseas players.

Sick Boy

with all this publicity, if Gers were not interested before they might be now ....
Who is putting Hamer on the radar, sisu sell family silver do so every year Matty James in, Gyokeres possibly in, Crowley another strongly linked then there’s Walsh. Now Hamer is possibly linked to Norwich as well as Rangers a convenient auction ? a similar deal to the Maddison one ? I rule nothing out.

It was most likely his agent drumming it up rather than the club.
Walsh won’t be coming here, the Bristol City manager has said he’s central to his future plans.

clint van damme

I'd never heard of hamer till we signed him so I think there must be more gems of players out there but also we will sign duds taking the risk like kastaneer taking the risk with overseas players.

No matter how good your recruitment (and ours has been good for the last few years in my opinion) is when your model is to find hidden gems or players with potential and develop them it will go wrong fairly often.

RegTheDonk

I love the guy, he's a rock and I've only heard one person slate him. Says something when we're 99% in agreement about his value to the club on the pitch.

However, under the current circumstances, we have to face facts that we need to develop and sell in order to survive. We have no hope of promotion until we invest big money in proven quality (unlikely), find a team of gems like him, or see the kids come good.

If he commands a large fee that will help keep us treading water for a couple of years, unfortunately head says he'll be packaged off.

Greggs

I would hate Hamer to move on so early in his Sky Blue career he has the potential to be a top player, but then will he achieve that here. Football continually moves especially nowadays. If one out brings three in plus a wedge of money you can see why it might happen, still only rumour but then is there smoke without fire.
Thanks for the cliches. I dread to think what football was like when it didn't move.

Sky Blue Harry H

Enough to comfortably buy two players of his quality, and not gambles. So say £6m+?

If we sell him for £6m, we are not allowed to spend all of that on incoming players iirc? So if we then can reinvest to buy 2 players at £2m (bear in mind their wages will effectively be probably collectively 4 times what Hamer is on, due to being established non gambles. and that logic starts to unravel - or at least, if not the logic, then the value to which we can replace him, when you factor in the increased wages)

Edit: although it becomes a more feasible strategy if, at the same time, you lose a 'fringe' player e.g. Kastaneer, Hillsner etc.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Doubt we'd get Walsh for £3m.

If we’re getting Walsh it’ll be for free because he hasn’t signed a new contract. I’m more talking picking up a young L1 player or prem drop out or a foreigner (though who knows how fruitful that rupture will be post Brexit).

£3m is more than enough to get players at the top end of our model. It’s basically buying Wilson/Maddison/McCallum rather than selling them.

Brighton Sky Blue

If we’re getting Walsh it’ll be for free because he hasn’t signed a new contract. I’m more talking picking up a young L1 player or prem drop out or a foreigner (though who knows how fruitful that rupture will be post Brexit).

£3m is more than enough to get players at the top end of our model. It’s basically buying Wilson/Maddison/McCallum rather than selling them.

Don’t think £3 million will cover them mate

shmmeee

If we sell him for £6m, we are not allowed to spend all of that on incoming players iirc? So if we then can reinvest to buy 2 players at £2m (bear in mind their wages will effectively be probably collectively 4 times what Hamer is on, due to being established non gambles. and that logic starts to unravel - or at least, if not the logic, then the value to which we can replace him, when you factor in the increased wages)

Edit: although it becomes a more feasible strategy if, at the same time, you lose a 'fringe' player e.g. Kastaneer, Hillsner etc.

If we’re going to move the team to the next level the wage bill will follow. There’s not really any way around that. Hopefully a return to Cov will allow that.

Users who are viewing this thread