Rangers interested in Hamer (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

We'd get 8 mill I reckon... But I doubt it would happen

Evo1883

I see a couple of their fans think our estimates are deluded... However I've seen some of their estimate valuations of Ryan Kent and I can assure you our views are not even close to deluded

shmmeee

There is a point where the additional benefit of Hamers' extra quality is bettered by having more of other players paid for by the transfer fee earned by selling him. If £1m bought Walker and £1.5 bought Hamer in the first place, clearly even £3m gets you two or even three quality players. And makes you less reliant on one man.

Doubling our money in only 12 months, by any measure, would be good business normally. However in a competitive market we have look for more than that. Who knows how to value footballer, least of all us lot, but £5m must be the starting point.

There is no point selling him in January, assuming we get a bid, unless Covid is really clobbering us. His value can only rise, and a sale now jeopardizes the fight against relegation, so would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

In short - max on the cash in summer - particularly the up front money - fill the gaps for next season - left wing back, central defence cover, attacking midfield.

Maybe even flog Godden and put that money down as a contribution towards getting an upper-Championship level striker.

Sort of agree. But what’s stopping is being competitive isn’t the size of our war chest, it’s the wage bill.

There’s upper Championship quality players for free all the time, it’s whether we’re willing to pay upper Championship wages and that won’t change whether we keep or sell Hamer.

Sky Blue Harry H

Gibbo

His value is only going to rise as the season goes on as he is on people's radar now. We can't sell and loan back like Maddison. The business case is we hang on and he helps us to mid table.

Gleneagles65

Canary Cast (@CastCanary) Tweeted: Norwich City are reportedly interested in Coventry's midfielder Gustavo Hamer. Would love to sign him if we weren't able to keep Oliver Skipp for another season, has a great engine, bite and can score goals. Him or Preston's Ben Pearson would be terrific💪 #ncfc https://t.co/JCgak9Qyvm

mark82

Problem is, it's more difficult to go and find another Hamer due to the change in rules. Think we should hold onto him for at least another year unless there's a wild offer.

Magwitch

Who is putting Hamer on the radar, sisu sell family silver do so every year Matty James in, Gyokeres possibly in, Crowley another strongly linked then there’s Walsh. Now Hamer is possibly linked to Norwich as well as Rangers a convenient auction ? a similar deal to the Maddison one ? I rule nothing out.

Magwitch

I didn’t mean he was linked but is to become a free agent soon, someone who would be a welcome replacement for a lot.

hill83

If we’ve got other things lined up, which I’m sure we will have as Robins says there is always things ready to go based on whatever situation we are in, then take the money and improve the squad.

If not, don’t. Not bothered either way really. Unless he goes and we do no other business.

Brighton Sky Blue

If we’ve got other things lined up, which I’m sure we will have as Robins says there is always things ready to go based on whatever situation we are in, then take the money and improve the squad.

If not, don’t. Not bothered either way really. Unless he goes and we do no other business.

Central midfield is a position we have recruited very well for by and large, I’m confident he could be replaced.

AFCCOVENTRY

Twitter is a mad place. It’s as if our own fans are trying to sell him with all sorts of polls from how much should we sell Hamer for to should we sign Liam Walsh to replace him...

Users who are viewing this thread