Rangers interested in Hamer (6 Viewers)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Champions League? Winning some silverware? Wage rise / signing on fee? Being at one of the top clubs in their league. Can think of a few reasons why he might be tempted, obviously with my Sky Blue specs on I disagree with them all, but then I’m not him or his agent.
Wants to play ENGLISH football

Deity

You think someone would offer us £10m for Hamer right now. You are out of your mind.
No chance this window but come the summer if he has a strong second gag to the season he will be worth nearer £10m than £5m. You only have to look at recent championship transfers .....

SBAndy

I foresee that he will stay until next January’s window. We tend to make our bigger sales in the January window and it generally means you get more money in. I also foresee the fans going mental because he isn’t replaced - for exactly the same financial reasons.

Sky Blue Harry H

You think someone would offer us £10m for Hamer right now. You are out of your mind.

Yep - Norwich want £40m for Buendia. Not saying anyone is going to offer us £10m for Gus now, but if we didn't get at least that for him in the summer (and I don't want to sell him, as I'd like to see him play for us in the flesh) then I'd be unhappy, as he will be sought after by several suitors. Go back a few years and you'll find some of my old posts about how good Wimbledon (the originals) were brilliant at talking up the value of their players, and sticking out for the price. Just a few '£20m rated Bapaga' type' comments via local journalists. Set our own agenda re: prices.

Woodster

The total package would have to be very close to a club record fee to let him go for me, on the proviso we stay up of course. From what I’ve seen he’s not just our stand-out player, he’s one of the league’s stand-out players.

Skyblueweeman

No chance this window but come the summer if he has a strong second gag to the season he will be worth nearer £10m than £5m. You only have to look at recent championship transfers .....

giphy.gif

SeaSeeEffCee

We'd be mad to sell him for anything less than £5m. Already come to terms with the fact he's only going to be here for one season though.

Bugsy

Gibbo

There is a point where the additional benefit of Hamers' extra quality is bettered by having more of other players paid for by the transfer fee earned by selling him. If £1m bought Walker and £1.5 bought Hamer in the first place, clearly even £3m gets you two or even three quality players. And makes you less reliant on one man.

Doubling our money in only 12 months, by any measure, would be good business normally. However in a competitive market we have look for more than that. Who knows how to value footballer, least of all us lot, but £5m must be the starting point.

There is no point selling him in January, assuming we get a bid, unless Covid is really clobbering us. His value can only rise, and a sale now jeopardizes the fight against relegation, so would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

In short - max on the cash in summer - particularly the up front money - fill the gaps for next season - left wing back, central defence cover, attacking midfield.

Maybe even flog Godden and put that money down as a contribution towards getting an upper-Championship level striker.

Users who are viewing this thread