Rangers interested in Hamer (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Londonccfcfan

Well he cost £1.3m, I’d assume we won’t find another as easily so have more than doubled that. £3m will find you a championship level player easily.

You seem to be missing the point. We can't or ever replace him like for like.

It will be of lesser quality player or should I say a player of much less value.

shmmeee

You seem to be missing the point. We can't or ever replace him like for like.

It will be of lesser quality player or should I say a player of much less value.

Why? We’ve come up from L2 using this exact model. Why is it suddenly beyond the realms of possibility?

Londonccfcfan

McCallum was only a year ago!

I think if you gave our recruitment team £3m they’d come back with a player of similar potential to Hamer 🤷

Hamer is arguably one of the buys of the championship if not the buy of the season. You reckon we can we can keep on recruiting players of that ilk season on season. Answer is No.

Buying players with potential is one thing. Realising that potential is another.

He's irreplaceable!

shmmeee

Hamer is arguably one of the buys of the championship if not the buy of the season. You reckon we can we can keep on recruiting players of that ilk season on season. Answer is No.

Buying players with potential is one thing. Realising that potential is another.

He's irreplaceable!

With you now!

Whether they’d be exactly as good as Hamer who knows, but I’d wager they’d be of his upper Championship level. Which is my point. £6m for Hamer and i think we’d see two players who would be the best in our team.

Hamer is a decent buy, but he’s the result of a process that’s found Sheaf and Walker for <£1m and the likes of Østigård. I’d wager we could find more, that’s all I’m saying. I don’t think we’d be back to the “sell McSheffrey and buy Kyle and McKenzie” days.

superskyblue

He's irreplaceable!
I agree that we've struck gold with Hamer and it's unrealistic to expect us to do it year in year out.

In the past if we signed a Hamer you'd have to attribute it to luck more than judgement. But now, because our recruitment team have a clear plan and are strategic with who they sign we've got a much better % chance than most other clubs at our level of unearthing these talents.

But yes they won't all work, you only have to look in our squad to see that.

Brighton Sky Blue

I agree that we've struck gold with Hamer and it's unrealistic to expect us to do it year in year out.

In the past if we signed a Hamer you'd have to attribute it to luck more than judgement. But now, because our recruitment team have a clear plan and are strategic with who they sign we've got a much better % chance than most other clubs at our level of unearthing these talents.

But yes they won't all work, you only have to look in our squad to see that.

I reckon if we had a ‘normal’ budget our success rate would be even higher

Skyblueweeman

If he doesn't sign a contract we could get him for a whole lot less than that in the summer.

Their manager rates him highly doesn't he and he's not been playing because he's injured...is that right? I've not really followed his situation that much. You'd imagine that he'll be in contract talks because if his contract is up in the summer, he'll have been free to speak to people from the 1st January and I cannot see anything online.

wingy

Whilst Rangers are a big club, would they match his likely ambition?
Possibly but I would think he'd be aiming for a top league in a bigger pond.

Magwitch

Whilst Rangers are a big club, would they match his likely ambition?
Possibly but I would think he'd be aiming for a top league in a bigger pond.
They will be on the champions league stage next year that’s a big lure to ambitious players and can lead to top European clubs.

Gibbo

They will be on the champions league stage next year that’s a big lure to ambitious players and can lead to top European clubs.
None of this matters. If Rangers can pay top dollar, we sell him to Rangers. If Halifax paid top dollar I'd sell him. What we don't want is somebody trying to get in early and get him cheap, because SISU need or want the cash. We are unlikely get top dollar in January.

He is almost certainly on his way in the summer, we all know that there will be some big squad gaps, so we want the bucks to buy 2/3 quality new players from the cash.

mark82

Their manager rates him highly doesn't he and he's not been playing because he's injured...is that right? I've not really followed his situation that much. You'd imagine that he'll be in contract talks because if his contract is up in the summer, he'll have been free to speak to people from the 1st January and I cannot see anything online.

Yeah, sounds like he's holding off on signing a contract to make sure the manager isn't just paying lip service. When he's back from injury, if he's in the first team he'll probably stay. If he still doesn't play think he'll leave. Seems it's all about playing time for him.

mark82

With you now!

Whether they’d be exactly as good as Hamer who knows, but I’d wager they’d be of his upper Championship level. Which is my point. £6m for Hamer and i think we’d see two players who would be the best in our team.

Hamer is a decent buy, but he’s the result of a process that’s found Sheaf and Walker for <£1m and the likes of Østigård. I’d wager we could find more, that’s all I’m saying. I don’t think we’d be back to the “sell McSheffrey and buy Kyle and McKenzie” days.

There are players out there that we can sign for similar money as Hamer. As an example, Emi Buendia cost Norwich in the region of £1.35m. That is a bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread