Racist remark towards a coventry player (1 Viewer)

COV

Haven't seen this? Where?

Is he lying then when he says no one applied for jobs at his club? An ethnically diverse club, in an ethnically diverse part of the country?

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
Google ‘Simon Jordan knee’.

He enjoys watching Nigel Farage on GB News, and talks about ‘virtue signalling’ a lot. Also seems to be a bit of a covid denier.

I wouldn’t believe a word he says when it comes to this type of thing.

Ccfcisparks

I don’t know who else is black on here, I’m only 1/4 myself, but it’s constant fucking battle over on the off topic side of the forum when anything even slightly similar to this comes up. Have a fucking think before you spout.
Think it’s time the thread is locked before the mouth breathers spout more of their shite

covmark

I don’t know who else is black on here, I’m only 1/4 myself, but it’s constant fucking battle over on the off topic side of the forum when anything even slightly similar to this comes up. Have a fucking think before you spout.

White privilege in action. And I’ll happily take pelters for saying that. Fuck off.
Yeah I'll quite happily fuck off your white privilege bollocks. I grew up with a single mother who struggled to put a meal on the table for me. Had to scrounge to clothe me, and had fuck all help from anyone. Tell her she was privileged.
Fuck off.

Liquid Gold

Yeah I'll quite happily fuck off your white privilege bollocks. I grew up with a single mother who struggled to put a meal on the table for me. Had to scrounge to clothe me, and had fuck all help from anyone. Tell her she was privileged.
Fuck off.

Some white people struggle so that means there is no institutional or cultural disadvantage to other races?

Stupid pick

I had a single mum who was 17 when I was born and dragged me up in the wrong end of Willenhall. Doesn't mean I can't see beyond my own fucking nose.

Stupid price twice.

usskyblue

Fuck off.

Sorry to hear that.

As bad as that was, you’re missing the point. Whatever circumstances led to her life, she wasn’t held back, looked down upon or victimized because of the colour of her skin.

It’s hard for anyone who isn’t black to understand how that feels and why it happens. Shit happens to everyone… But it’s unacceptable for the reason to be the color of someone’s skin.

robbiekeane

Fuck off.

You fucking idiot. Having some disadvantages in life does not mean being white doesn’t come with privilege. No one is saying you didn’t have it shit. No one is saying you don’t work hard and haven’t worked hard to get where you are. But you’re still privileged because you’re white.

You’re also privileged because you grew up in Britain. Your version of having it really bad still doesn’t involve you going to war or walking to a well for water.

How pathetic that you’d deny white privilege and call it bollocks because you had a tough upbringing. Embarassing

covmark

Sorry to hear that.

As bad as that was, you’re missing the point. Whatever circumstances led to her life, she wasn’t held back, looked down upon or victimized because of the colour of her skin.

It’s hard for anyone who isn’t black to understand how that feels and why it happens. Shit happens to everyone… But it’s unacceptable for the reason to be the color of someone’s skin.

Fair enough, I've obviously missed the point. No, we weren't victimised because of our skin colour.

Skybluefaz

Out of curiosity, what % of people doing their FA/UEFA badges come from a ethnic minority background?

All for inclusion and would like to see what the strategy is for engaging Asian communities too.
There was about a 50/50 white/non-White split on my level one (I know its the bottom rung but everyone has to start somewhere).

There is a scheme to support BAME (sorry Hill but that is how the FA label it) coaches who want to push on to the higher levels.

I think football is doing some decent stuff tbh to try and level the playing field at the lower end but look at how many jobs Russell Slade was able to get on the back of a decent half season at Leyton Orient and convince me there is no privilege extended to him.

covmark

As did I with a single black mother 16, Hillfields, struggled to eat.. Did you get racist abuse as a child or told your mum wasn’t your mum or have a cousin killed because of the colour of his skin?

Fuck yourself.

And it’s not even about how hard life was growing up or how little you had you spastic.
Sorry about your cousin, and no, obviously I didn't get racist abuse.

covmark

What point were you missing though because I didn’t mention upbringing or lack of money.

And to calm a few peoples jets, there will be black privilege in Ghana or Japanese privilege in Japan.
You mentioned white privilege. I made the point I was far from privileged. Missed the point obviously.

Brighton Sky Blue

Way too many people are actively racist or endorse it actively or passively.

I can't believe that wouldn't make you angry.

I reported students 3 times for racist remarks in the academic year just gone. The punishment got downgraded each time because the parents complained that 'it was an inside joke' or 'the guy they were talking about was ok with it'.

Casual racism is still racism the last time I checked.

Brighton Sky Blue

While I’m at it. I’ve spent every single Cov game I’ve ever been to worrying about hearing racist stuff. Since I was a child. Every second of it. Just how it is. (and I’ve heard it)

Anyone else?

I can control who I’m around in every other walk of life, and you obviously won’t hear stuff at work (although I have) but you can’t control who you are around once you’ve found your seat.

In your experience does it ever get challenged by others nearby?

Ccfcisparks

I reported students 3 times for racist remarks in the academic year just gone. The punishment got downgraded each time because the parents complained that 'it was an inside joke' or 'the guy they were talking about was ok with it'.

Casual racism is still racism the last time I checked.
Who was it on here who was saying we shouldn’t punish them for it but instead educate them on why racism is bad

usskyblue

My mate got the monkey calls when he was a player back in the days when fuckall happened about it. He told me how fucked up him and his teammates felt about it.

Brighton Sky Blue

My mate got the monkey calls when he was a player back in the days when fuckall happened about it. He told me how fucked up him and his teammates felt about it.

Only this year I've seen the 'parody' in blackface of Jason Lee in the mid 90s, incredible it was allowed

usskyblue

It’s one thing when a random twat does it but when a large part of the crowd are doing it, you wonder how the fuck someone could possibly process it.

hill83

Happened during a school away game in Longford as well, whatever the school is there. I went Barr’s hill, their manager started it and we all went mental. We were 13. A teacher.

Won though.

Brighton Sky Blue

Who was it on here who was saying we shouldn’t punish them for it but instead educate them on why racism is bad

The whole thing was undermined by senior management agreeing that it wasn't as bad because it was a joke when just a little while before they had said there was zero tolerance on racism. If I hear it I'll challenge it

hill83

It’s one thing when a random twat does it but when a large part of the crowd are doing it, you wonder how the fuck someone could possibly process it.

I’d genuinely rather be called c**t or something. That’s directed purely at me. Racism is directed at me and my entire family. It’s the only thing that gets me fighting.

skyblu3sk

As did I with a single black mother 16, Hillfields, struggled to eat.. Did you get racist abuse as a child or told your mum wasn’t your mum or have a cousin killed because of the colour of his skin?

Fuck yourself.

And it’s not even about how hard life was growing up or how little you had you spastic.
I have agreed with everything you have said on race 100% and back it all the way but I'd probably double think the insult you throw in the last paragraph as I'm pretty sure that's an offensive term to another minority group in the UK. I know emotion is high and I'm sorry to hear all the shit you have had to put up with.

On to race, there are so many deniers it rings really loud. Education has a big part to play in moving from not racist to anti racist. I remember one chap at a talk about racism who said the biggest problem in general was getting people to believe it still exists today especially where people have lives that don't come across it in a blatant form. Essentially believing the person that it exists without having to see and hear it first hand. On your actual racists Education may get you so far but if it goes beyond miss using a term or not understanding the meaning of something and being mortified when told what it means then harsh penalties are needed in my book.

On Bame its a shit term we are being guided towards ED or ethnically diverse but I'm not sure that's any better still feels like lumping heritages together in a lazy way but just my 2p's worth.

clint van damme

Fuck off.

Listen to cricketer Michael Holding talking about it, he explains it well and as he says, it doesn't mean white people don't struggle or have problems which seems to be a common misconception.

Jamesimus

Threads a constant reminder that a lot of people still don't understand what friends / family members that aren't white have to deal with historically and currently.

Should probably listen to them.

Love Dabo, Blackpool fan can go rot in the ground. If you hear someone saying this stuff, talk to them about it; they always shrink back into their shells.

Torquay Sky Blue

Used to happen a lot in the 70's . Gary Thompson used to get it from our own fans. I actually stopped going to games when I was 15 because of racism. It put me right off football for a few years. I used to pray Thommo would score just to shut his own so called fans up.
I even knew one of the culprits and literally never spoke to guy again.

djpalms23

First whistle on Saturday, applaud our players taking the knee, let’s drown out the idiots that still boo and on the 2nd whistle for KO, straight into the ‘Dabo song’. Show Fankaty that CCFC support him and don’t tolerate racist behaviour to one of our own or anyone for that matter.

Jamesimus

Also there are going to be people on there thinking it's no way near as bad as it used to be.

Personally I think that it's just done differently now. Let's remember that only a year ago there were numerous complaints about a black family having xmas dinner on TV and we still have millions of people agreeing with the rhetoric of "you can't say anything anymore without offending someone".

D

Deleted member 2477

White privilege in action. And I’ll happily take pelters for saying that. Fuck off.
Racism comes from all skin colours. Lots of stones being thrown in glass houses on here by the looks of it.
100% behind Dabo and the kick it out campaign but calling people insults because they have a different view to you, or where they live in the UK or what news channel they watch is just as blatant

Users who are viewing this thread