Racist remark towards a coventry player (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Granted racist abuse is awful but let's not forget that the media do like to stir things up & cause a shit-show with each other - the Rashford memorial for instance,apparently there was racist comments daubed all over it according to the news yet it wasn't....somebody had just wrote 'shit bastard' on it because of his penalty miss - nothing to do with racism

Marcusp likes this - colour me surprised

Greggs

I’m all for the knee but the question has to be asked. What are the FA actually going to DO about it’s own house?

There’s a fucking sea of white managers that repeatedly fail, yet remain in a forever orbit ready to land at their next one season fuckup.

And all these white just retired players handed jobs with no experience or coaching badges? Yet only a scattering of black ex players get anywhere. I personally know one who was told to get his badges, so he did. Got nowhere so had to come to the States to get a job.
No offence meant, but the percentage of black people in England and Wales is 3% and 86% white. It's nothing to do with 'White' managers getting privilege and 'Black' ones not, it's just simple numbers. Just to make it clear, i don't care what 'colour' anyone is.

Hobo

No offence meant, but the percentage of black people in England and Wales is 3% and 86% white. It's nothing to do with 'White' managers getting privilege and 'Black' ones not, it's just simple numbers. Just to make it clear, i don't care what 'colour' anyone is.

Do football teams follow that only 3 per cent of their team are black players? Anyway it is not just about black players, it is about foreign players. It's is about sectarianism. It is about homophobia. It is about sexism. It is about any form of prejudice

usskyblue

Over the last 20 years black and minority ethnic players have accounted for an estimated 22% to 33% of players in the 92 professional football clubs of the Premier League and the Football League. Why hasn’t that translated into more BAME managers ?

And why are black candidates being told they have to get their FIFA badges when white ex players stroll into high profile jobs without any ?

Last edited:

COV

Not relevant to quote overall population stats, what’s the percentage of black players in English football? That’s the relevant percentage to look at if you want to go by the numbers

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

Over the last 20 years black and minority ethnic players have accounted for an estimated 22% to 33% of players in the 92 professional football clubs of the Premier League and the Football League.

Why hasn’t that translated into more BAME managers ?

Out of curiosity, what % of people doing their FA/UEFA badges come from a ethnic minority background?

All for inclusion and would like to see what the strategy is for engaging Asian communities too.

Greggs

i
Over the last 20 years black and minority ethnic players have accounted for an estimated 22% to 33% of players in the 92 professional football clubs of the Premier League and the Football League. Why hasn’t that translated into more BAME managers ?

And why are black candidates being told they have to get their FIFA badges when white ex players stroll into high profile jobs without any ?
I guess that depends on experience. Gerrard Lampard and Rooney played at the highest possible level for 20 years each.
I'm not getting involved anymore. Count me out now. I can feel the vultures circling and it could turn nasty.

pusbccfc

Hang your head in fucking shame if you boo the knee Saturday.

Seriously.

Imagine being Fankaty Dabo taking the knee with his team mates Saturday after being racially abused days before only to find out that idiots in your own fan base don't support him when he's had to suffer.

That's why they are taking the knee. Not because of what some parts of the media want you to think.

covmark

Maybe most of the 22% to 30% don't want to become managers?
Maybe more white players want to become managers.
I'm all for equal opportunities. However you're not going to get an equal amount of ethnicities applying for the opportunities.

Not everything is about race.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

usskyblue

Let’s get this straight.

It’s not just that they’re not getting jobs… they’re not even getting interviews. Not even a foot in the door.That’s why Ricky Hill started the process of bringing the Rooney Rule here in 2002. And yet things haven’t changed because no one is overseeing the clubs. So white backslapping still happens.

covmark

Let’s get this straight.

It’s not just that they’re not getting jobs… they’re not even getting interviews. Not even a foot in the door.That’s why Ricky Hill started the process of bringing the Rooney Rule here in 2002. And yet things haven’t changed because no one is overseeing the clubs.
Maybe they're not applying for jobs to get interviews?
Simon Jordan, when chairman of Crystal Palace, which is a very diverse club, said when he put out job advertisements he never received any applications from the black or Asian communities. Is that his fault? Or societies fault? Or is it just one of those things?

usskyblue

Simon Jordan, when chairman of Crystal Palace, which is a very diverse club, said when he put out job advertisements he never received any applications from the black or Asian communities. Is that his fault? Or societies fault? Or is it just one of those things?

FFS

Maybe some are tired of losing out to less experienced white candidates ? Or white managers that are serial failures but still get handed jobs.

Why do you think there’s a Rooney Rule ? Even the FA knows there’s a problem, they’re either doing it for piecemeal or for a legitimate reason. Either way they know it looks shit.

COV

Have you seen Simon Jordan’s views? Big fan of GB News, he also strongly defended the Millwall fans booing the Fulham players for taking the knee.

Very bad example to be using, very bad.

covmark

strongly defended the Millwall fans booing the Fulham players for taking the knee.

Very bad example to be using, very bad.

Haven't seen this? Where?

Is he lying then when he says no one applied for jobs at his club? An ethnically diverse club, in an ethnically diverse part of the country?

hill83

Dabo confirms it was aimed at him.

Hopefully the entire crowd gets behind him, and supports anything the team does to show their opposition to racism this weekend.

Already in and around booing for taking the knee this season.

I’ve got no respect for the ‘entire crowd’ and neither will he.

Users who are viewing this thread