Racist remark towards a coventry player (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Now il be honest , blackpool fans are a decent bunch overall , but tut tut Screenshot_20210818-141034_Chrome.jpg

Tea & Busquets

Imagine being such a good player that the opposition feels as though they have to make racist comments just to get you to feel down.

kg82

You’d think if Dabo heard it, a lot bigger deal would have been made at the time, but I didn’t notice anything. Shame that you’re always going to get some people doing this, when it just makes them look like brainless bellends.

stay_up_skyblues

Probably one of the minority booing the taking of the knee (tin hat firmly on).

Sad but not surprised, especially up north in a slum town. Dabs responded in the best way by playing a blinder. Hopefully the police and club take action as Barnsley did with the senile hitler.

Irish Sky Blue

Might make some of the cretins in our 'support' who boo the players taking the knee before games think again (I would doubt it).
Happened at the Forest and Barnsley games and again last night, booing that is quickly drowned out by the majority who applaud.

the rumpo kid

You’d think if Dabo heard it, a lot bigger deal would have been made at the time, but I didn’t notice anything. Shame that you’re always going to get some people doing this, when it just makes them look like brainless bellends.
He may have heard it but obviously didn't see who said it as there's been no reports of a flying Blackpool fan holding his arse.!

higgs

2021 hard to believe this crap still goes on as my late grandfather used to saw the only time colour matters is when ur on the playing field make sure you pass to a player wearing the same colour shirt as you

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Might make some of the cretins in our 'support' who boo the players taking the knee before games think again (I would doubt it).
Happened at the Forest and Barnsley games and again last night, booing that is quickly drowned out by the majority who applaud.
Whole heartedly agree. It could well be due to being fortunate with being where I stood but I felt like the booing has got progressively quieter. I felt last night was less people than at Barnsley, and to be totally honest, while one person booing is too many, I was mildly impressed that how few of our away contingent (given the stone-island brigade etc) booed at either. I felt like more as a % booed at the CBS than at either away game. Again, caveated by could be I was stood nearer people who are more accommodating on both occasions so the applause was much louder.

baldy

I bet the vast majority of Blackpool fans are as appalled by this as we are. As we saw following the Euros there are mindless morons who tarnish the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Granted racist abuse is awful but let's not forget that the media do like to stir things up & cause a shit-show with each other - the Rashford memorial for instance,apparently there was racist comments daubed all over it according to the news yet it wasn't....somebody had just wrote 'shit bastard' on it because of his penalty miss - nothing to do with racism

Liquid Gold

Granted racist abuse is awful but let's not forget that the media do like to stir things up & cause a shit-show with each other - the Rashford memorial for instance,apparently there was racist comments daubed all over it according to the news yet it wasn't....somebody had just wrote 'shit bastard' on it because of his penalty miss - nothing to do with racism
Yeah but we're talking about one of our own players abused because he is black. Nothing to do with that memorial, no media outrage.

Simple racism in football.

usskyblue

I’m all for the knee but the question has to be asked. What are the FA actually going to DO about it’s own house?

There’s a fucking sea of white managers that repeatedly fail, yet remain in a forever orbit ready to land at their next one season fuckup.

And all these white just retired players handed jobs with no experience or coaching badges? Yet only a scattering of black ex players get anywhere. I personally know one who was told to get his badges, so he did. Got nowhere so had to come to the States to get a job.

Liquid Gold

It has been good to hear the majority drowning that out with cheering however. Doesn't downplay that minority, but does reasure me that the majority think they're racist dickheads, at least.
Completely agree.

The rhetoric last season was that they wouldn't be able to do it when fans are back as they'd be drowned out by boos. Then Millwall did it and it looked shit.

Turns out most people aren't racist morons and aren't strung along by bullshit conspiracy theories about a Marxist takeover of the offside rule.

baldy

I’m all for the knee but the question has to be asked. What are the FA actually going to DO about it’s own house?

There’s a fucking sea of white managers that repeatedly fail, yet remain in a forever orbit ready to land at their next one season fuckup.

And all these white just retired players handed jobs with no experience or coaching badges? Yet only a scattering of black ex players get anywhere. I personally know one who was told to get his badges, so he did. Got nowhere so had to come to the States to get a job.

I think in some black managers cases,it's just the fact they're,well,crap at the job - John Barnes,Sol Campbell,Paul Ince,even our very own Richard Shaw....all did crap jobs - their skin colour's just coincidental....there's been,(and still are),some good managers of colour too

Ccfcisparks

SlowerThanPlatt

Awful, take your whataboutery nonsense away from here. No ones trying to stir up anything.

SBT

I think in some black managers cases,it's just the fact they're,well,crap at the job - John Barnes,Sol Campbell,Paul Ince,even our very own Richard Shaw....all did crap jobs - their skin colour's just coincidental....there's been,(and still are),some good managers of colour too

Ince and Barnes have higher career win ratios than Mark Robins. Sol Campbell was given the job at two basket case clubs with no money, and yet his record is on a par with Wayne Rooney's. None are managers I'd rate highly, but this bizarre lingering suggestion that somehow not enough black managers have proved they're up to the job shows how backward the game's thinking on this subject is. Their race has nothing to do with their ability, but it has a lot to do with the opportunities and time they're given.

COV

“you’re racist”

“the media made me do it”

utter pile of bullshit

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

The issue is that the proportion of black managers is so out of kilter with the number of black players in the game. There may be quite a few different factors causing that (one major one likely to be plain racism) but there's clearly an imbalance and therefore a problem for the game. There will of course be some shit managers who happen to be black, just like there are of any other race.

Users who are viewing this thread