Question of sport trio axed. (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

I know of a certain pub team when I was playing that had several current and former semi pro footballers playing for them... I don't think women's football is comparible to semi pro male football... Il never say that to my daughters.. They won't read this.

It's not so much the natural ability, it's the strength power and pace, they just cannot compete

Just because you don't play to a high level doesn't mean you can't have a great understanding of a sport.

Wenger and Mourhinio come to mind regarding football and I dont Angelo Dundee boxed at any level.

David O'Day

The state of this thread it';s
Just because you don't play to a high level doesn't mean you can't have a great understanding of a sport.

Wenger and Mourhinio come to mind regarding football and I dont Angelo Dundee boxed at any level.

Ferguson wasn't a top player by any sense of the word

Evo1883

Not against men,no I wouldn't expect apart from the odd 'Star' player, but against their peers I've seen some terrific games.

Yes that's the only way you can compare women's football, I against other women... No argument from me there

Evo1883

I never argued that tbf, I merely commented on the standard... I'm more than sure she has great knowledge of the game

Evo1883

I always thinks she comes across quite good when she's on TV to be fair, the only TV pundit I genuinely cant stick is Clinton Morrison, I mean he's awful... I hate Mark lawrenson too but you dont see him much now

Skybluefaz

I always thinks she comes across quite good when she's on TV to be fair, the only TV pundit I genuinely cant stick is Clinton Morrison, I mean he's awful... I hate Mark lawrenson too but you dont see him much now
Jenas, Owen and Keown are fucking atrocious. I'd take Clinton above those three.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Aside from playing at the highest level of her sport both here and in the US, played in the World Cup, an Olympian, opened the first academy for women’s football in the U.K., media work etc?
Has she got the charisma and personality to engage with the audience, make people laugh occasionally and raise the viewing figures long term. It is about knowing your sport, but it's much more than that if you are on week in, week out. It's about being a leader, a team player, going beyond your comfort zone, making yourself look stupid from time to time, and , importantly, having a name that pulls in other well known sports personalities to the show.
Alex Scott is hardly a household name. Nicola Adams and Amir Khan are just ending their careers . Right time for them , I think.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

They'd be absolutely rubbish though as captains on a show like QoS. They'd bore everyone senseless. We need personalities !

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Kriss Akabusi anyone ? He'd be brilliant.
Ewan Thomas another candidate.

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Awwwwwiiiiiifggggghhttt
Haha. You need to get tested ! I've booked you in based on the CV postcode for Monday morning 9 am.

Sunday 4.30 pm
Asda car park
Berwick upon Tweed.

Winny the Bish

Watched an episode of QoS recently and my god has it gone stale. Tuffnell and Dawson are shocking. I don't watch ALOTO regularly but it's still miles better.

QoS desperately needs a refresh and to get some actually entertaining people on it instead of your nan's favourite boring bastards. Alex Scott is a decent start for host (I like her) but they need some big captain selections to get people actually watching again. Like the shout of Osi Umenyiora and i wonder if they could tempt Ally McCoist back.

Malaka

The programme needs refreshing. I would go for Dion to host, Goughy to captain a team no clue for the other

Users who are viewing this thread