Match Thread Queens Park Rangers - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 30th Sep (1 Viewer)

Matt smith

I agree with @Matt smith .For me, i think we will be bottom 3 come the international break, cannot see us winning at all with the current set up

Then we have Allen, Sheaf, O'Hare and Van Ewjik back

Thats when we have too, HAVE TOO, start winning and winning regularly.
You reckon could be as early as Bristol @Saddlebrains to see any of them

BlueSkiesForever

I agree with @Matt smith .For me, i think we will be bottom 3 come the international break, cannot see us winning at all with the current set up

Then we have Allen, Sheaf, O'Hare and Van Ewjik back

Thats when we have too, HAVE TOO, start winning and winning regularly.

Definitely, we have to put those quality players to use when they’re back.
Tbh it’s sort of surprised me how lacking in ideas Robins is, I think he’s a good leader and knows what he wants and I certainly don’t want him out, but when you can’t get what you want you have to think on your feet, unfortunately that’s one thing he seems unable to do.
It’s even more disappointing when he’s blaming particular players live on camera, just own up and say “my tactics didn’t work, I used the wrong players or the wrong formation entirely” etc, I’ve still yet to hear him say anything of the sort tbh.

pusbccfc

O'Hare won't be a regular starter until December, let's be honest.

Saddlebrains

O'Hare won't be a regular starter until December, let's be honest.

He will. Needs must. Plus, i dont know why everyone thinks hes being lobbed back in. Hes been back in full contact training for a good while now, was going to get some minutes in the U21s v Peterborough last week until it was cancelled, and its been 9 months since he did it

Average ACL recovery time for a player of his age is between 8 -11 months.

Hes bang on schedule, if anything slightly ahead

pusbccfc

He will. Needs must. Plus, i dont know why everyone thinks hes being lobbed back in. Hes been back in full contact training for a good while now, was going to get some minutes in the U21s v Peterborough last week until it was cancelled, and its been 9 months since he did it

Average ACL recovery time for a player of his age is between 8 -11 months.

Hes bang on schedule, if anything slightly ahead

Reminds me of when everyone was clamouring for Jones when we were devoid of attack in the first League 1 season back.

fernandopartridge

Because he did it on Boxing Day and acls usually take at least 12 months. Even then it can take the player some time to get back to full fitness and usually a good while after that until they get back to the level they were.
Jodi Jones came back from his first one (before he did his other knee) in 10 months

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Hertsccfc

Jodi Jones came back from his first one (before he did his other knee) in 10 months

I am pretty sure it was the same one, which supports my point. He did the other one knee for third one.

I am not even convinced it was 10 months, but if it was in retrospect it looked a big mistake.

Saddlebrains

Because he did it on Boxing Day and acls usually take at least 12 months. Even then it can take the player some time to get back to full fitness and usually a good while after that until they get back to the level they were.

They dont take 12 months

BlueSkiesForever

When you look at our current team sheet you can see why we’re doing so badly, it’s all just hodge-podged together, we’re playing old duffers (some of them have been good for us I admit), we’re playing midfielders that can’t pass forward, an attacking midfielder that just seem too inexperienced to be starting every week, strikers that can’t score etc etc, when you take a step back it’s so clear why we’re down in the bottom 7 atm.

skybluecam

Yes yes yes, much better team sheet, we’re crying out to fuck 5 at the back off.
Swap Allen for Wright and Kelly for Allen and I think that’s as good as it gets for us atm.
I would like to see us move away from 5 at the back but I wonder if the spending on multiple centre backs makes Robins even more reluctant to switch.

fernandopartridge

I am pretty sure it was the same one, which supports my point. He did the other one knee for third one.

I am not even convinced it was 10 months, but if it was in retrospect it looked a big mistake.

It was 10 months. Injured 21 November 2017, returned 29 September 2018. Fair enough if it was the same knee.

In fairness and support of your point, transfermarkt has his recovery from the 2nd and 3rd injuries as 342 and 334 days respectively, so 11 months or thereabouts. I'm unsure what the methodology they use for calculating that period is though as he never played between the 2nd and 3rd as far as I recall, apart from maybe under 23s.

Covstar

Our midfield pairing of Eccles and Kelly needs to go. League 1 quality at best. There is no turn of pace,dribbling, taking the ball forward or vision to pick out forwards.

Needs to be Allen and Kelly, Ayari and Kelly or even Sakamoto and Kelly at this moment in time to give us a driving force from central midfield until Sheaf comes back to replace Kelly.

Brighton Sky Blue

Our midfield pairing of Eccles and Kelly needs to go. League 1 quality at best. There is no turn of pace,dribbling, taking the ball forward or vision to pick out forwards.

Needs to be Allen and Kelly, Ayari and Kelly or even Sakamoto and Kelly at this moment in time to give us a driving force from central midfield until Sheaf comes back to replace Kelly.
Why not Sakamoto at DM, play him every position until we figure out he should have been played as a 10 from the start.

Covstar

Why not Sakamoto at DM, play him every position until we figure out he should have been played as a 10 from the start.
I agree with the thought that long term Sakamoto should be a 10.

Only reason I mentioned Sakamoto as a third option to go along with Kelly is because creativity is non existent at this moment in time and we need to try some different options in the short term until we potentially get suitable player in that position in January.

johnwillomagic

I think Eccles and Kelly are too similar and if Im being honest over last couple of games Kelly has been significantly more influential than Eccles - I would put Allen alongside Kelly to give us more energy and drive going forward.

I would play 4-2-3-1 but would have Godden in the 3 with Simms as the Target Man - other two players would probably play Wright off of Simms as well with Ayari probably taking the other berth in the 3 behind Simms

clint van damme

You cannot play Ayari or Sakamoto in the middle, not a chance.

Allen is currently the only feasible option to go in there. Its not great but its where we are.

Hertsccfc

I still feel that the main problem is not Kelly and Eccles but the AM position and the strikers apart from Godden. Kelly has been one of our best players since he came in although Eccles has dropped off a bit the last couple of matches.

The lack of creativity and covering in the AM position has been the main problem. Palmer was not creating enough and was poor at Hull and Cardiff. Ayari was even worse on Monday. In my view if he is fit Allen needs to come in there, possibly with Sakamoto too and with a return to the box midfield.

quinn1971

Genuinely incredible that our midfield is as bad as it is given the money we had available to us this summer.
Exactly this, all that money we’ve spent and we’re depending on Kelly,Eccles and Allen, doing they’re best but they wouldnt be starting in a decent midfield, even with sheaf ohare and Palmer back we still need a bit of quality in there, cant expect a kid who’s 19 and On loan to do a lot with those players around him, would love to actually know who we tried To get to replace hamer and why we couldn’t

Users who are viewing this thread