Match Thread Queens Park Rangers - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 30th Sep (3 Viewers)

clint van damme

Genuinely incredible that our midfield is as bad as it is given the money we had available to us this summer.

A lot of the usual melting down going on on here that we see every year but this is the crux of it, to leave our selves so short in the centre of midfield was criminal.

I appreciate Hamer left late in the window but there should have been a contingency, and perhaps there was and it fell through, but we have been left woefully short.

Sky Blue Harry H

A lot of the usual melting down going on on here that we see every year but this is the crux of it, to leave our selves so short in the centre of midfield was criminal.

I appreciate Hamer left late in the window but there should have been a contingency, and perhaps there was and it fell through, but we have been left woefully short.
If Sheaf and Palmer hadn't got injured, and O'Hare about to come back (with Ayari hopefully improving) I wouldn't have been too concerned. We are probably going to have some short term pain, but provided they resolve the issue (it may be next summer when we are without probably Kelly and possibly O'Hare) then that's fine by me. I don't want us to rush into a Kane like signing in the January window for the sake of it. I'd sooner do a PL loan as back up if the right permanent player isn't available (and likely won't be).

Londonccfcfan

We win this easy if we play near anything like our potential.

Wilson
Eccles RWB.
Thomas
McFadz
Binks
Jay Da Silva
Allen. CDM
Kelly.
Ayari....top of the box
Saka..top of the box - free reign.
Simms

Allen playing CDM would offer alot more going forward.

clint van damme

If Sheaf and Palmer hadn't got injured, and O'Hare about to come back (with Ayari hopefully improving) I wouldn't have been too concerned. We are probably going to have some short term pain, but provided they resolve the issue (it may be next summer when we are without probably Kelly and possibly O'Hare) then that's fine by me. I don't want us to rush into a Kane like signing in the January window for the sake of it. I'd sooner do a PL loan as back up if the right permanent player isn't available (and likely won't be).

But Palmer doesn't really play as 1of the 2 centrally and O'Hare shouldn't come into the equation given his long term injury.

We've essentially left ourselves with 3 players who haven't got the greatest track records injury wise covering 2 positions

Grendel

Are tickets still available does anyone know?

Offhegoes

I still feel that the main problem is not Kelly and Eccles but the AM position and the strikers apart from Godden. Kelly has been one of our best players since he came in although Eccles has dropped off a bit the last couple of matches.

The lack of creativity and covering in the AM position has been the main problem. Palmer was not creating enough and was poor at Hull and Cardiff. Ayari was even worse on Monday. In my view if he is fit Allen needs to come in there, possibly with Sakamoto too and with a return to the box midfield.
Agreed. Ayari was anonymous on Monday apart from the goal, and the 2 striker formation is not working. If we had the box with Kelly & Eccles in DM, and Allen and Ayari / Sakamoto in AM, with Simms up front we'd be better.
Then in a few weeks we'd have Sheaf, Palmer and O'Hare back

shmmeee

Agreed. Ayari was anonymous on Monday apart from the goal, and the 2 striker formation is not working. If we had the box with Kelly & Eccles in DM, and Allen and Ayari / Sakamoto in AM, with Simms up front we'd be better.
Then in a few weeks we'd have Sheaf, Palmer and O'Hare back

He was pretty anonymous for the goal too!

blunted

I think the insistence that we buy potential was in hindsight wrong. If you can't get the player you want, get a loan to tide you over.

pusbccfc

Where is everyone drinking considering no one is going by train anymore?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

O hare is a much better than Jodi Jones it’s slightly different
Well, it's not. It's a serious injury and needs the proper time to heal and for him to get the repair built up to withstand the pressures of playing at such a high level.

Just because you're a better player doesn't mean that happens quicker.

And the situation seems very similar. We wanted Jones back because we looked devoid of flair and creativity, and that's why we want O'hare back now. Jones was pushed back into action earlier than he should have been because of this and I hope we don't make the same error with O'Hare.

Brighton Sky Blue

It reads like a piece that someone from within the club subtly suggested he write.
If he had some evidence that King pulled the plug on signing the Hamer Mk II then he could well have written that, as I’m sure any inside source would have fed him the details. He did ‘listen to the experts’ in sanctioning record expenditure in defence and up front, now the experts have to justify it.

fernandopartridge

Well, it's not. It's a serious injury and needs the proper time to heal and for him to get the repair built up to withstand the pressures of playing at such a high level.

Just because you're a better player doesn't mean that happens quicker.

And the situation seems very similar. We wanted Jones back because we looked devoid of flair and creativity, and that's why we want O'hare back now. Jones was pushed back into action earlier than he should have been because of this and I hope we don't make the same error with O'Hare.
We need O'Hare for his running and work rate more than his flair

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

At the very best if Robins had a budget and didn’t realise until the end it had run out that’s a comms failure from King. But the fact we bought Kitching is mind boggling. Did King say yes to him and no to someone else? Or did Robins say if it’s one then it’s Kitching because they’re two very different scenarios. The implication in the article was King decided a CM wasn’t needed.

Brighton Sky Blue

At the very best if Robins had a budget and didn’t realise until the end it had run out that’s a comms failure from King. But the fact we bought Kitching is mind boggling. Did King say yes to him and no to someone else? Or did Robins say if it’s one then it’s Kitching because they’re two very different scenarios. The implication in the article was King decided a CM wasn’t needed.
According to Saddle’s source MR went all in on Kitching and dropped interest in the Gus Mk II/O’Brien loan. Taking that with a bucket of salt in the interest of balance

skybluepm2

Such a shit show. Having to get the coach down from Bedworth which stops in bloody Wycombe of all places on route. Would rather get down there. Assuming Belushi’s will be the best best pre-match, we decent in there last season.

clint van damme

Ayari is an 8 though, that is where he has been playing coming through at Brighton.

Just don't see him as ready to be playing anywhere other than AM at the moment and he looks raw there.
I actually like him but think we've got him a season too early, be happy to be proven wrong.

Brighton Sky Blue

Then it’s all on Robins. That was pure madness.
It would be if it were true, it's just hard to tell. But I'm just struggling to believe that the person who sanctioned an £8m spend on Wright and £3m+ on Kitching would refuse to sanction comparable money on a CM when the funds were there.

CV22SBA

Tubes are still running I think but we're heading to the Sindercombe by Shepherds Bush Market. It was decent last season but you need to show your match ticket to get in. There was a Brewdog opposite aswell which let us in. 10 min walk to the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread