"Protest" Scarves (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Nick, please don't jump down my throat because this is a genuine question. The scarf idea is great but it does assume no return to the Ricoh for the new season. That is the basis I'm working on - is that your thinking too? With my usual 'go for it' view, then I'd say crack on with the scarves but do say if you'd like me to check with Bludog because it might save you a lot of work!
I guess the idea is assuming we won't be back, although if I lose 50 quid and we go back I wouldn't be too fussed. :)

Sure if bludog can price some up!

NorthernWisdom

Add more to that and it would be unmissable, but people have rights and all that, own agendas and such.

My agenda is wanting to show I care.

My agenda is wanting to show it's more than just me who cares.

Now I'm all for the sitting at home in a string vest and a can of Special Brew, wanking myself off to Hollyoaks type protest, I do that well - so no, I don't go to Sixfields.

I'm more for suggesting things people can do though, rather than the totalitarian dictatorship that says you must not do something unless I do it.

Nick

Administrator
Clearly money going to any charity for any cause is always a good idea, but my opinion about waving a scarf in protest of?? in sixfields doesn't appeal to me as a strong protest, and maybe a few like me too.
As said, I don't think it would be intended to actually scare sisu into bringing us home, more stopping the bickering ;)

NorthernWisdom

Nick, please don't jump down my throat because this is a genuine question. The scarf idea is great but it does assume no return to the Ricoh for the new season. That is the basis I'm working on - is that your thinking too? With my usual 'go for it' view, then I'd say crack on with the scarves but do say if you'd like me to check with Bludog because it might save you a lot of work!

tbh even if the club ended up at the Ricoh, it's still not a bad thing to show that we're more important than owners, stadium management companies, or councils.

skybluebeduff

My agenda is wanting to show I care.

My agenda is wanting to show it's more than just me who cares.

Now I'm all for the sitting at home in a string vest and a can of Special Brew, wanking myself off to Hollyoaks type protest, I do that well - so no, I don't go to Sixfields.

I'm more for suggesting things people can do though, rather than the totalitarian dictatorship that says you must not do something unless I do it.

Yeah kind of like everything not forbidden is compulsory.

mark82

Clearly money going to any charity for any cause is always a good idea, but my opinion about waving a scarf in protest of?? in sixfields doesn't appeal to me as a strong protest, and maybe a few like me too.

As I say can be worn on the hill too. Something we could all get behind without sniping. That's clearly beyond some though.

Nick

Administrator
As I say can be worn on the hill too. Something we could all get behind without sniping. That's clearly beyond some though.
Away games, marches etc.

With thomas dad posting about us going home it might not be needed :)

lewys33

I think it's a top idea! I'd definitely have 1. Will wear it to the rugby next season.

The only argument that will come of this - is it a "we wanna go home" scarf or a "sisu out" scarf (I know it's option 1 but people will still use it for the later same as MUFC for the glazers).

May be worth asking the trust. I would like to think they would back the idea and help out with funds.

mark82

I think it's a top idea! I'd definitely have 1. Will wear it to the rugby next season.

The only argument that will come of this - is it a "we wanna go home" scarf or a "sisu out" scarf (I know it's option 1 but people will still use it for the later same as MUFC for the glazers).

May be worth asking the trust. I would like to think they would back the idea and help out with funds.

No reason it can't be both.

I stopped posting on here due to all the infighting and name calling. I actually purchased a red and green scarf off ebay last year after the idea was discussed on this forum and wore it twice, once to Sixfields in protest nobody enquired about it although I spoke to a few people at the game. I also wore it to the Stevenage away game, with the same result. I did actually see another supporter wearing one at that game and when I spoke to him about it, it turned out that he was the chap who raised the idea on here last year. It didn't take off last year but who's to say it wont this time? Merely offering my feedback from my own mini protest.

mark82

Maybe we should call it a "we need improvement" scarf.

I think initially it should be a back to Coventry scarf but when/if that happens it could become a Sisu out (think most would still want rid).

I like the idea of an alternative shirt in the same colours too. More based on the fact I hate both our current kits.

Nick

Administrator

Why does everything need a status or a slogan? It's just a I'm not happy with the situation scarf ;)

NorthernWisdom

Also something that even if no buggers other than half a dozen here do it, it doesn't really matter in terms of perception (although whoever did the order may be a bit pee'd off having 500 scarves lying around ;) )

Leamington Pete

Not sure if it's my original suggestion being mentioned (hey I'm great I am)

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/33638-An-idea-to-encourage-some-unity?p=488475#post488475

but what I was waffling on about was trying to get those with different opinions about all this to show a universal display of unity (although admittedly a year ago I called it anti SISU unity).

Doesn't matter which side you're on, a "we're all fed up of this sh*t" symbol (a scarf) might be a start, although last year the suggestion was received with rapturous indifference!

lewys33

Why does everything need a status or a slogan? It's just a I'm not happy with the situation scarf ;)

Doesn't bother me I'm just saying what will almost certainly happen. People will disagree about what it symbolises.

NorthernWisdom

Doesn't bother me I'm just saying what will almost certainly happen. People will disagree about what it symbolises.

Pretty much like the march though. If the central message is strong, doesn't really matter if people want theirs to be a SISU OUT scarf, or a council OUT scarf does it.

RFC can even have his as SISU IN if he wants!

Nick

Administrator
Just been informed it was Mr pipes on gmk who also posted it but got shot down because it wasn't extreme enough!

Hobo

Just been informed it was Mr pipes on gmk who also posted it but got shot down because it wasn't extreme enough!

I take it GMK are into high jacking planes and bombing the Caymen Islands or crashing into SISU offices?

Nick

Administrator
Have had a few quotes, some from the UK and some from the far east.

Found some in the UK that look decent that are £2.58 inc VAT based on 500. redwhite.jpg

Nick

Administrator
I've asked for pricing for lower quantities!

2.50 plus vat.for 250 and 3.50 plus for 100.

Might struggle to sell them at a fiver if they are 3.50 unless charging p and p on top!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Might struggle to sell them at a fiver if they are 3.50 unless charging p and p on top!

with all due respect....unless several thousand are going to wear them together, its not going to be effective is it?

.....just 100 odd scarfs lost in the crowd (unless all 100 are worn at sixfields I suppose)

Now then...If we're gonna start to resurrect protest ideas from last summer that will still never happen, may I remind everyone of my "mass exodus" idea....

its was poo poo'd last year due to the rather naïve notion of NOPM.....but now that everyone can see that's a load of bollocks, how about it?

Sell sixfields out for a televised game & then all leave after exactly10 mins of loud chanting.....only to be seen moments later by the cameras doing the conga up on the hill...

MichaelCCFC

with all due respect....unless several thousand are going to wear them together, its not going to be effective is it?

.....just 100 odd scarfs lost in the crowd (unless all 100 are worn at sixfields I suppose)

Now then...If we're gonna start to resurrect protest ideas from last summer that will still never happen, may I remind everyone of my "mass exodus" idea....

its was poo poo'd last year due to the rather naïve notion of NOPM.....but now that everyone can see that's a load of bollocks, how about it?

Sell sixfields out for a televised game & then all leave after exactly10 mins of loud chanting.....only to be seen moments later by the cameras doing the conga up on the hill...

I still think scarves are a decent idea but ran it by a few people and the green and red doesn't seem to immediately grab people. One person suggested a brown retro one! But Nick's get the bit between his teeth so get behind him.

For protests v Cardiff you're on the wrong thread - LAST and BHSB are on the case!

Samo

It makes sense to me to order more and get them cheaper, 500 should shift. If we could find 26 fans who'd put in £50 each we would be good to go.
Then its how to sell them. I think we should try to find a city centre retailer before we order and get an agreement in principle. Get the telegraph on board.
Not sure how/if we could sell at matches?
Anyway im in for £50 if we can find others.

Nick

Administrator
Sell online and in a store and maybe at games?

If blu dog can do them cheap enough they can sell from there, I can do a site which puts the orders to them automatically and the donate the difference

SkyblueBazza

What about a white scarf with a single thin skyblue (preferably) stripe running down the length?
It has to stand out as something different to the commonly seen Sunderland/Stoke/CCFC/Man City etc type thing.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread