"Protest" Scarves (2 Viewers)

Samo

Sell online and in a store and maybe at games?

Put them on eBay with links from this site you mean?

jimmyhillsfanclub

I still think scarves are a decent idea but ran it by a few people and the green and red doesn't seem to immediately grab people. One person suggested a brown retro one! But Nick's get the bit between his teeth so get behind him.

For protests v Cardiff you're on the wrong thread - LAST and BHSB are on the case!

Fair enough.....I was just commenting on the proposed order level of scarves really....

...As for the SKY TV protest....I don't hold out much hope of it being particularly large scale if the organisers aren't going to tell anybody what's going on....

...lets just hope it is more than a handful of people just blowing whistles & NOT letting fireworks off this year eh? :whistle:

Nick

Administrator
with all due respect....unless several thousand are going to wear them together, its not going to be effective is it?

.....just 100 odd scarfs lost in the crowd (unless all 100 are worn at sixfields I suppose)

Now then...If we're gonna start to resurrect protest ideas from last summer that will still never happen, may I remind everyone of my "mass exodus" idea....

its was poo poo'd last year due to the rather naïve notion of NOPM.....but now that everyone can see that's a load of bollocks, how about it?

Sell sixfields out for a televised game & then all leave after exactly10 mins of loud chanting.....only to be seen moments later by the cameras doing the conga up on the hill...
Again I'd be happy to walk out of a game but others wouldn't so just trying to think of ways everybody could do something.

I'd love to buy a few thousand but don't have the cash lying about :(

Nick

Administrator
I still think scarves are a decent idea but ran it by a few people and the green and red doesn't seem to immediately grab people. One person suggested a brown retro one! But Nick's get the bit between his teeth so get behind him.

For protests v Cardiff you're on the wrong thread - LAST and BHSB are on the case!
I guess colours could be voted on, as long as they are all the same and United :)

LB87ccfc

Unfortunately good idea in principle but will never take off and wont make one bit of difference / no one from the outside world will care.

Nick

Administrator
Unfortunately good idea in principle but will never take off and wont make one bit of difference / no one from the outside world will care.
I agree it wouldn't change anything and would be aimed at a bit of fan unity

dongonzalos

Sometimes you have to stop been so upbeat. I know people tell you it is good and infectious, but I just wish you would taper it with a bit of realism sometimes. ;)

Leamington Pete

My original thought was a sky and navy blue bar scarf, thinking sky blue and white was a bit too Man City. Or how about Sky blue and black circa early 1970s Willie Carr and Colin Stein. Haven't seen any of these around so it would be distinctive and still and very much CCFC.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

as there is already somebody selling these on eBay for £3.69 as Christmas scarfs would it not be easier to get people to buy them from there by spreading the word saves anyone having to front the money

Nick

Administrator
as there is already somebody selling these on eBay for £3.69 as Christmas scarfs would it not be easier to get people to buy them from there by spreading the word saves anyone having to front the money

Have you got a link? :) I can message them to see how many they have!

Nick

Administrator
Yep, if they have enough we could just point people to there. That is assuming everybody has eBay too!

Marty

I like the idea and i'm willing to put in a bit of money to get it going. £30 up front, in return for 4 scarves when they arrive, I don't want the extra money back, just send it to a charity. Myton Hospice is my choice.

Nick

Administrator
OK Have emailed to ask for a couple of samples, will see what they look like and also need to start getting an idea of who is up for it!

Looking at £750 up front to get 250 of them plus delivery.

mark82

Brown doesn't really stand out, that's the problem. Red and Green represents the colours of the city of Coventry which surely makes it an obvious choice as a take us home to Coventry protest?

mark82

OK Have emailed to ask for a couple of samples, will see what they look like and also need to start getting an idea of who is up for it!

Looking at £750 up front to get 250 of them plus delivery.

Nick, let's try to get the trust involved to help with finding the money and spreading the word. Do any of the trust board still come on here? Not seen Jan in ages! Anyone have any contacts? Michael maybe?

shmmeee

Someone tweet the Trust the link to the thread (I don't have Twitter). Steve is on here fairly regularly.

Qwerty70

Anything that unites fans has to be a good idea. If we have any mk like followings this season a couple of thousand held up would make a great protest. Nick I'm happy to contribute to upfront costs.

olderskyblue

It needs to be black...with a thin sky blue line down the length.

Funeral colour for the death of our club..

mark82

It needs to be black...with a thin sky blue line down the length.

Funeral colour for the death of our club..

Problem with that is that many would disagree. Red and green for Coventry is more of a catch all as everyone would want us to return to Coventry.

Also, the reason the United scarf protest worked well is that it was such a contrast. Something red and green could do.

mark82

Colours to match our previous kit too..
coventry_city_1922-1924.gif

coventry_city_1922-1924.gif

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

I was in a meeting today, they were discussing colours, as you do.

The chair said whatever was decided, half of us would disagree so we'd just have to make a decision and if some of us didn't like it, tough.

Seemed wise words.

mark82

I was in a meeting today, they were discussing colours, as you do.

The chair said whatever was decided, half of us would disagree so we'd just have to make a decision and if some of us didn't like it, tough.

Seemed wise words.

Agree. Will never please everyone.

letsallsingtogether

How about Black and Red believe Singer FC played in these colours sorry if it has been mentioned before haven't read whole thread.

Users who are viewing this thread