"Protest" Scarves (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Following from another thread, would anybody get one of these? I have shamelessly stolen the idea from somebody on here a few months ago and Man Utd.

article-0-08824702000005DC-472_468x286.jpg

People keep saying they want people inside Sixfields to protest and some people just aren't the type to want to shout and sing but how easy is it to just wear a scarf? Just get a scarf, put it on (Sixfields is freezing anyway in the winter) and you can show you don't agree.

Away games people can have them, on the Hill people can probably have more than 1 as they will need them to stay warm. Anybody can have one, even if you see somebody on the bus wearing one you can feel a bit of unity about things with them. You can also get the mini versions you can stick in your car with the suckers.

To keep costs down they don't have to be fancy, just something like this:

$(KGrHqVHJBUFI3hghUVDBSOB1GtFs!~~60_58.JPG

They could be ordered in bulk and profits going to a Coventry charity.

I am happy to help with an online way for people to order them and contact wholesalers to get the best price (Although I am sure people have better contacts already). Obviously you can have text and logos on them but then the prices start to shoot up.

Attachments

• article-0-08824702000005DC-472_468x286.jpg
    article-0-08824702000005DC-472_468x286.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 22

chiefdave

you would need to have them in a different colour to make them stand out. maybe red and green from the coat of arms?

MichaelCCFC

I would like to give Bludog first shot at this. They are a start up company a stone's throw from the Ricoh, are working their socks off to get the business going and have been brilliant with doing kcic t-shirts both in terms of service and price

Nick

Administrator
If they can be made and got for say $2 each, sell them at a fiver and it gives a local charity a boost too. :)

kg82

Yeah, was thinking red and green. I'll put me and my dad down for one each Nick if you're sorting it! Think it's a good idea.

Nick

Administrator
Colours can be voted on I guess and shades can also be changed.

I have requested some quotes from suppliers in China along with lead times :)

Never used alibaba before, has anybody else?

moleyskyblue

The only problem is though wont you have to buy a ticket to to go a game to protest,that's the only way they are going to see it.

Nick

Administrator
The only problem is though wont you have to buy a ticket to to go a game to protest,that's the only way they are going to see it.

I doubt to be honest that if SISU see it it will change a thing, 1 thing it would do is at least get the fans a bit more united!!

You won't have people saying "oh you are happy with this" and the bickering. People who don't want to stand and shout or chant SISU OUT (not because they don't want that, but because it isn't their thing) can just wear a scarf.

I very much doubt it will change much, nothing will but at least it might help the fans stop going at each other and get a bit of respect and raise a bit for a charity!

It is like how when people with moustaches or ride motorbikes have an unsaid respect or just a nod ;)

kg82

They look to like Leicester tigers , we need something unique but not this IMO, I think they should be Sky Blue and white but with the addition of another colour.
What other colour I'm not sure , but I will have a think.

It should be more like Portugals colours. Using the cities colours is important I think as it is where the club should be playing.

EDIT: symbolic! That's the word I was trying to think of! Bit hungover! So yes, using the cities colours would be symbolic. Having the blue and white scarf wouldn't set it apart as a protest scarf.

Last edited:

shmmeee

I'm up for it. I like the City colours idea as well. Put me down for one.

I've heard good and bad about alibaba Nick, I guess it depends on which supplier you go with.

Nick

Administrator
I'm up for it. I like the City colours idea as well. Put me down for one.

I've heard good and bad about alibaba Nick, I guess it depends on which supplier you go with.

I have done a quote request which I think the sellers see and asked a few with good feedback but will see what they say. I will have a look at the job lotters on eBay but there doesn't seem to be too much on there unless you want fashion scarves. I will have a look later for UK suppliers who can do some.

Failing that I will learn how to knit ;)

WestEndAgro

Looks like something you would find at Oxford or Cambridge uni`s, the blue and white is cool.

Blue and white with red and green tassles on the end.

Harry Potter anyone ? Looks a little Hogwarts.

Last edited:

Samo

I think its a great idea and I would wear one. But shouldn't this have happened six months ago? Something could well happen after 7th August (ever the optimist) and we'll be lumbered with hundreds of scarves!

NorthernWisdom

I think its a great idea and I would wear one. But shouldn't this have happened six months ago? Something could well happen after 7th August (ever the optimist) and we'll be lumbered with hundreds of scarves!

It was suggested this time last year by someone, but got lost as much because people started shouting at him for going to Sixfields (another example of how us shouting at each other stops co-ordinated action ;) )

It's why the civic colours work though; different to our usual ones (just have blue and white, nobody notices!) but without a message, can at least use in winter to keep warm... and anyway, what's a fiver when we've all saved a fortune on tickets over the past year!

Nick

Administrator
It was suggested this time last year by someone, but got lost as much because people started shouting at him for going to Sixfields (another example of how us shouting at each other stops co-ordinated action ;) )

It's why the civic colours work though; different to our usual ones (just have blue and white, nobody notices!) but without a message, can at least use in winter to keep warm... and anyway, what's a fiver when we've all saved a fortune on tickets over the past year!
Yep it was suggested before but got shot down!

I'm just putting it out there

WestEndAgro

I think Grendull should buy the first thousand or so using his massive Six figure salary, then dish them out at xxxx Fields

Samo

As you say, well worth a fiver, love the civic colours idea, I'm in!

mark82

Should try a local supplier as suggested by Michael, as long as they are reasonably competitive.

Samo

Maybe should get the trust involved and/or the telegraph?

I could see this really taking off. Sound your horn when you see a scarf campaign!

mark82

As I said I'd put some in, wouldn't want profit so all to charity!

So long as not exposing yourself to loss also. Was thinking trust and/or telegraph to make sure the idea gets to the widest audience and for help financing.

Users who are viewing this thread