Preston at home. (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

im worried about this game, have a awful feeling we will go out

Swanny80

Why don't you two stop wasting your time now and use it on the coach to Carlisle on Sunday where the team really need us as much as possible

covcity4life

News flash - WE ARE IN LEAGUE ONE

And let's remember who's going to the game and who's watching it on tv...

ahahahah CRINGE

your going to one game because its cheap

i go to more games than you and pay higher ticket prices to boot

you are a shit fan:wave:

LJC_CCFC

Do you though I was at Spurs, Mk Dons, Preston etc. As a student I have to watch what I spend naturally, however I still pay upwards of 15 quid to get the train from uni to go to every home game and numerous away games. And 'to boot' I pay the same amount as you....cringe

covcity4life

your a student? great, i understand why £5 appeals to you(and thats not a jibe)

but i have been to arsenal,mk dons,bournemouth,scunthrope,notts county,shewsbury,crawley,sheff utd etc but have never felt the need to bleat on about it

i think this post shows how wrong you have been to criticise me over watching one game on tv

i hope you have the integrity to apologise

Otis

I don't think we need to compete on a physical footing, we have to make sure we keep the god damn ball on the ground and not in the air! That's where we went wrong last game. Having Fleck and Thomas will help us to do that (with Baker, Bailey and Moussa to assist). You talking of physicality, but how can we be more physical? We can't bring anyone in who is good enough to start, who has this physicality. We need to play our game, and do it well.

On Barton, it wasn't HE was outmuscled by PNE, we Hoofed it up to him and he, being really shit at heading, failed badly, as did the whole team that game. Only person who I can remember winning 1 header was Baker.

On that note, by no means am I comparing the us to Barca, PNE to Stoke, I'm just giving you an example, would Barca take Xavi and other less physical players out the team if they were playing Stoke? No, they wouldn't. They'd keep Messi, Xavi, Iniesta (and co.) in and play their own game and beat Stoke's. On your logic, however, Xavi (and co.) couldn't or shouldn't play because they aren't as physical, it's BS.

I think this is somewhat of a cancer in British football, only nation (of note) who play 4-4-2 is England, and have favoured brute for over etiquette for too long.

Coventry City boss Mark Robins says his team will try to "match" Preston North End when they arrive for Thursday night's Johnstone's Paint Trophy northern semi-final at the Ricoh Arena.

North End came in for criticism from home fans for their robust approach when the two sides shared a 1-1 League One draw at the Ricoh on 22 December.
Robins said: "They do what they do and they do it well.
"If they're on their mettle, they're a match for anybody," he told BBC Sport.
"We've got to match that threat. It's about earning the right to play."
As I said, we need to be more physical against a very physical Preston side. We play the likes of Fleck or Barton etc. and we are likely to be overrun again.

We can't be as physical as Preston but we need to be more physical and try and match them to a degree.

Glad Robins has identified this.

They will harry, close down, chase and try and knock us off our stride. We need to try and be more physical to allow our more skilful players more time and space on the ball and compete on an equal footing.

Last edited:

covcity4life

yeah we have to battle min midfield,if we go missing like we did vs shrews we will get smashed

id start with jennings,bailey as DM and moussa infront of them with mcsheff baker out wide

kg82

Coventry City boss Mark Robins says his team will try to "match" Preston North End when they arrive for Thursday night's Johnstone's Paint Trophy northern semi-final at the Ricoh Arena.

North End came in for criticism from home fans for their robust approach when the two sides shared a 1-1 League One draw at the Ricoh on 22 December.
Robins said: "They do what they do and they do it well.
"If they're on their mettle, they're a match for anybody," he told BBC Sport.
"We've got to match that threat. It's about earning the right to play."
As I said, we need to be more physical against a very physical Preston side. We play the likes of Fleck or Barton etc. and we are likely to be overrun again.

We can't be as physical as Preston but we need to be more physical and try and match them to a degree.

Glad Robins has identified this.

They will harry, close down, chase and try and knock us off our stride. We need to try and be more physical to allow our more skilful players more time and space on the ball and compete on an equal footing.

There's a bit later on in that article where Westley claims he sees his team outpass the opposition every week! This confirms to me he's a bit mental!

COME ON CITY!!! We can do this! Bloody excited now!

Otis

yeah we have to battle min midfield,if we go missing like we did vs shrews we will get smashed

id start with jennings,bailey as DM and moussa infront of them with mcsheff baker out wide

Sounds spot on that.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

covcity4life

thats because im smart and know my stuff

i fidn their are alot of fans who go more than me but really dont know anything about the team or the sport

bluenosebryan

Good luck tonight guys,im a birmingham fan and visit a lot of other teams forums,i have not long opened up a new forum for all fans of westmidlands clubs but we mainly have birmingham and villa fans and a handfull of fans from all the other westmidland teams so we could do with a few more coventry fans on there,apart from having our own teams forums we also have a lot more including a live chat box for match day banter and we also show live streams when our teams are in action so yes for any fans who cant make it to the game tonight we are showing the game with a variety of streams so good luck tonight and you will beat preston 2-0
http://westmidsfansforum.forumotion.co.uk/

Users who are viewing this thread