Preston at home. (2 Viewers)

Steve.B50

Yesterday is now history, lets start thinking of the Preston game and back to winning ways. Will not be easy as they bullied us las time but I think Leon Clark is more suited to playing such opposition. I understand they have been given 3,000 tickets so let's hope we can get over 12,000 to game and be behind the SKy BLues.
Do not think there will be much love lost between the MAnagers on Thursday which makes it a more interesting evening.

We are also going to Carlise at weekend, so in my thoughts the next two games are the most important.

Otis

1 win and a draw.

We only need to beat Preston on penalties remember!!

I am convinced we will be better against Preston this time round. Last time we played Barton in the midfield and I think it was too physical a type of game for him. We need some strength and grit in the middle of the park and not quite so much flair.

Be interesting to see what team MR picks. The game will suit Clarke up front though for sure. He has just the sort of physical presence that could cause their defence problems.

But just thinking about the 3,000 tickets for them and how that is going to look on Sky. Going to be pretty awful isn't it, if the cameras are in the Tesco Stand and all the City fans are in the Tesco Stand and the away end looks full. You are only going to see Preston fans on the TV and nowt else.

Really hope we get a good crowd for this. Hoping for 15,000 again, but not holding my breath!

coundonskyblue

1 win and a draw.

I am convinced we will be better against Preston this time round. Last time we played Barton in the midfield and I think it was too physical a type of game for him. We need some strength and grit in the middle of the park and not quite so much flair.

Be interesting to see what team MR picks. The game will suit Clarke up front though for sure. He has just the sort of physical presence that could cause their defence problems.

But just thinking about the 3,000 tickets for them and how that is going to look on Sky. Going to be pretty awful isn't it, if the cameras are in the Tesco Stand and all the City fans are in the Tesco Stand and the away end looks full. You are only going to see Preston fans on the TV and nowt else.

Really hope we get a good crowd for this. Hoping for 15,000 again, but not holding my breath!

They haven't sold 3k, they've been allocated it. PNE asked for 3k on the basis the tickets were cheap.

Guy from the ticket office said televised games affect the away numbers more than the home numbers so I would imagine Preston bringing a similer crowd as Sheff Utd.

Mucca Mad Boys

1 win and a draw.

Interesting...

I think CCFC were bested in air, they won everything aerially last time. You specifically mention Barton, it was too physical in the air for him, agreed, but as a team we struggled. I think the midfield failed Barton, he didn't get the ball at his feet, same with McG, I think our midfield 4 were generally bettered by their lot because they pressed high and the 4 couldn't cope, so Barton and McG were isolated big time.

I agree Clarke will (well should anyway) do well, I don't think he'll get bullied by many (yesterday he did, but they are top defenders), should be interesting.

I think Fleck should start, he can play under pressure, I think Thomas should be given a run out, he is good at both ends of the pitch, can pass and can put in a good tackle, lining up next to Bailey, Jennings to sit on the bench, with a view to coming on, as he isn't as good on the ball as the former.

Last edited:

Swanny80

A city our size, 2 games from Wembley, on a great run of form, renewed hope and £5 a ticket.

If we can't get 12k it's a disgrace coz Leicester, derby, forest would get 25k

and you know what? We won't get 12k. . .embarrassing

theferret

Otis, only the CET stand is closed this time, the llyodspharmacy stand is open as normal.

Also, I hear ticket sales are ahead of where they were at the same point before Sheff United, and they are expecting 13K, although last time there was a massive walk up so it remains to be seen if this will be repeated.

stupot07

A city our size, 2 games from Wembley, on a great run of form, renewed hope and £5 a ticket.

It is embarrassing - Southampton, Norwich, etc all averaged 20k+ in league one. We average approx 11k.

Otis

It has to be more than 12,000 surely. It is only a fiver.

No excuse really.

And SBT, I think the game passed Barton by. Yep, he didn't get it to feet much, but when he did he was closed down and not allowed time on the ball. Would say Barton is exactly the wrong type of player to play against the likes of Preston and I am pretty sure MR won't pick him for this game.

I am also, in conflict with SSS76, very confident about this game. I honestly believe our name is on the trophy! Felt that after that crazy game of penalties against Burton!

Otis

Otis, only the CET stand is closed this time, the llyodspharmacy stand is open as normal.

Also, I hear ticket sales are ahead of where they were at the same point before Sheff United, and they are expecting 13K, although last time there was a massive walk up so it remains to be seen if this will be repeated.

Cheers Ferret! I think it will be quite a bit better than the Sheff U attendance for sure.

coundonskyblue

Leicester had 8k at their sole JPT game.

Forest have had 3 home games in the JPT, they got 4k, 2k, 3k.

Neither of them got near the size of the crowd we got against Sheff Utd, Forest couldnt even match ours against Burton.

WestEndAgro

Neither of them got near the size of the crowd we got against Sheff Utd, Forest couldnt even match ours against Burton.

Excellent research, nice to put 1 or 2 myths to bed, I think the crowd will be over 15,000

theferret

25K? absolute nonsense. They would barely get half of that. Perhaps for a regional final 2nd leg, but not for a televised semi (all 3 of those clubs get notoriously poor cup gates when compared to their league attendances).

When Leeds played at the exact same stage in the JPT a few years ago they got 12,000 at home and tickets were dirt cheap for that. In fact, for the Northern FINAL they only got 13K. In the context of this competition, the 11K we got in the last round was a very big gate and Thursday will be no different.

Otis

Massive difference here, Coundon.

Forest and Leshtur have had success. Promotions, play-offs, cups. They are used to success and therefore the JPT to them would be of much lower priority.

For us, starved of success for so long, this cup is so, so much more important.

Just don't think you can compare us to teams who have had a great deal of success in much higher profile competitions.

coundonskyblue

Massive difference here, Coundon.

Forest and Leshtur have had success. Promotions, play-offs, cups. They are used to success and therefore the JPT to them would be of much lower priority.

For us, starved of success for so long, this cup is so, so much more important.

Just don't think you can compare us to teams who have had a great deal of success in much higher profile competitions.

Don't disagree with that, which is why they get bigger league gates.

My point was just that "facts" about ours and other clubs support are stated as true on here when they clearly are not.

stupot07

And what was their average league crowds in league one?

Swanny80

For £5. . . £5 to watch a football match.

That's virtually free, can't buy two pints with that.

2 games from Wembley, the same Wembley that if we get there everybody will harp on about and be desperate to go! The team need your support to get there in the first place

theferret

The record attendance for this stage of the competition is 15K (Southampton - Norwich 2009), so if we get close to that we'll be doing OK (and I think we will).

S

SkyBlue Baker96

If you keep the stubs from previous matches do you get like priority tickets?

theferret

If you keep the stubs from previous matches do you get like priority tickets?

No need for stubs anymore, all recorded electronically against your supporter number.

I imagine that if we do progress, they might start offering incentives - buy for this and that home game and guarantee a Wembley ticket should we get there etc. All in favour of that. Nothing wrong with a bit of arm twisting. Think we'll get a decent gate Thursday, but if we get through, for the area final (especially if 2nd leg is at home) we will get a very big gate.

Nick

Administrator
No need for stubs anymore, all recorded electronically against your supporter number.

I imagine that if we do progress, they might start offering incentives - buy for this and that home game and guarantee a Wembley ticket should we get there etc. All in favour of that. Nothing wrong with a bit of arm twisting. Think we'll get a decent gate Thursday, but if we get through, for the area final (especially if 2nd leg is at home) we will get a very big gate.

What about when you pay on the gate?

theferret

What about when you pay on the gate?

But any incentives (buy for this game to get a ticket for that game etc) would be announced in advance so that people would have notice (I would imagine). Perhaps they would allow stubs for POTG, but at least you would know to keep them.

Nick

Administrator
But any incentives (buy for this game to get a ticket for that game etc) would be announced in advance so that people would have notice (I would imagine). Perhaps they would allow stubs for POTG, but at least you would know to keep them.

I have been to 2 games and paid on the gate and not been given A ticket :(

covcity4life

Really think this will be our toughest test as I back robins xnd players yo beat Crewe or Bradford over 2 legs

Otis

Don't disagree with that, which is why they get bigger league gates.

My point was just that "facts" about ours and other clubs support are stated as true on here when they clearly are not.

Yep they get bigger league gates. they get lower JPT gates though because it isn't a priority for them having won promotions and league cups and FA cups and been in many a play-off.

For us the JPT is so much more important. First success of any kind whatsoever for 26 years!

Makes a big, big difference I think. If we can get 14,000 I would be very happy with that.

wingy

This is a critical match to keep any meaning to our season ,closely followed by Carslisle on sunday ,time for MR and the leaders in the squad to up it and re-focus the squad on where we've been going and maintaining that progress,both like all are extremely tough opposition who know how to nullify footballing sides ,a change in tactics/formation may be required here.:confused:

Joelly

Ill be watching on sky whilst pretending to revise for my exams.

I live in Nottingham by the way, before anyone tells me im not a good fan.. first game at 5 and was a season ticket holder for 3 years but cant afford it anymore.. lived a life of mockery and abuse from various forest fans, but I still go when I can.

Mucca Mad Boys

It has to be more than 12,000 surely. It is only a fiver.

No excuse really.

And SBT, I think the game passed Barton by. Yep, he didn't get it to feet much, but when he did he was closed down and not allowed time on the ball. Would say Barton is exactly the wrong type of player to play against the likes of Preston and I am pretty sure MR won't pick him for this game.

I am also, in conflict with SSS76, very confident about this game. I honestly believe our name is on the trophy! Felt that after that crazy game of penalties against Burton!

I wouldn't start Barton anyway, BUT, I do think whoever would've played in that CAM role, whether it would've been Sheff, Fleck, Barton or Moussa, would've struggled on the condition that they would've got the same amount of service as Barton did that game, he didn't have the opportunity to do anything that game. I think on another day, he, and the team would've done well.

For me, for Thursday's game, the emphasis has to be on keeping the ball and using it wisely, that's why I think Fleck and Thomas should start.

Astute

I think Fleck should start, he can play under pressure, I think Thomas should be given a run out, he is good at both ends of the pitch, can pass and can put in a good tackle, lining up next to Bailey, Jennings to sit on the bench, with a view to coming on, as he isn't as good on the ball as the former.

We got outmuscled last time so you say leave a player out with a decent tackle on him and put lightweight players on?

Users who are viewing this thread