Preston at home. (1 Viewer)

oakey

I'm not going either. Season ticket holder, which is a big enough commitment for me thanks. I don't do cup games as watching City is painful enough and over 42 years I have put myself out many times only to be gutted, cold and home at midnight. OK we are on the up but CCFC owe me more than I owe them.
I might go if we get to the next round but really don't like night matches in mid winter ... Too old and cynical, I know, but being honest! I'll leave it to you real fans.
Note, I live 30 miles from Cov and after taking family members home I don't get home until 11.30.

Otis

:D
I'm not going either. Season ticket holder, which is a big enough commitment for me thanks. I don't do cup games as watching City is painful enough and over 42 years I have put myself out many times only to be gutted, cold and home at midnight. OK we are on the up but CCFC owe me more than I owe them.
I might go if we get to the next round but really don't like night matches in mid winter ... Too old and cynical, I know, but being honest! I'll leave it to you real fans.

You don't do cup games. :thinking about:

I will do a diary of my Wembley day for you when we get there. You can see what you missed out on.

Just saw your follow on post.

Consider yourself excused!

ajsccfc

After the bizarre having to queue for ages for a JPT game (surely a first) featuring Coventry City (surely a second) the eventual shootout made it all worth it. I love me a penalty shootout.

North York’s Blue

Do you have to travel from Buckinghamshire?
Yes mate so about a 170 mile round trip for home games. I'm a season ticket holder who generally makes it to about half the home games, done 7 so far plus JPT against Burton, plus 5 away. Would love to do every game however travel costs and other committments dictate otherwise. It was tempting but if I went then I'd probably have to miss the Tranmere games next week. Train tickets already purchased for the Oldham game and that'll be it for this month.

Otis

Yep, I know.

Just someone gentle ribbing.

Wonder if they did a 'bring your own armchair' scheme for games that, that might prove popular. Could give everyone a beer helmet as well.

North York’s Blue

No problem, takes a lot more to wind me up. I'm actually a little disappointed that I'm not going but happy that I will see it on the box, which is probably more than the Spurs game (through a slightly drunken haze!)

stupot07

Yep, I know.

Just someone gentle ribbing.

Wonder if they did a 'bring your own armchair' scheme for games that, that might prove popular. Could give everyone a beer helmet as well.

The beer helmet is a great idea......only you're not allowed alcohol in the stands...

S

SkyBlue Baker96

I've just been looking at Preston's forum well one of them and I came across a predictor thread against us in the jpt, now there could be one or two of them looking at this thread but it seems like a fair few of them are betting us to win, or they think they will win 1-0 , I don't see a high scoring game but I'm going for 3-0 city

covcity4life

I think what everyone wants to say to you mate is record it on Sky+, get yourself up the Ricoh on Thursday and then for the rest of your days you could watch the game, build up and analysis to your hearts content!

I understand that

But I'm taking objection to fans who don't go regularly but are to this game because its cheap, then having the audacity to tell me to get down the Ricoh when I go more than they do

Swanny80

I have no idea who on this site is classed as poor and who isn't and it doesn't matter

But for those who have other commitments and struggle to pay the usual price, £5 is very attractive and good for them for going on Thursday.

I think the point is that for 'most' of us watching the game live in the stadium is more attractive than on TV. However as a regular at Ricoh nobody is calling you a shit fan, actually the opposite.

This thread is getting dull now.can we talk about the game regardless of who is there???

covcity4life

I have no idea who on this site is classed as poor and who isn't and it doesn't matter

But for those who have other commitments and struggle to pay the usual price, £5 is very attractive and good for them for going on Thursday.

I think the point is that for 'most' of us watching the game live in the stadium is more attractive than on TV. However as a regular at Ricoh nobody is calling you a shit fan, actually the opposite.

This thread is getting dull now.can we talk about the game regardless of who is there???

i agree but some were implying i was a bad fan

now i see it is just the pathetic minority so i will move on

p.s if we get to semis both legs could be on sky sports:D ill watch them bioth then as a member snap up as many tickets as i can to wembley!:wave::wave::wave:

just trolling:pimp:

LJC_CCFC

id still like answer to:

poor person/commitments goes to 1 reduced rate game=hero

average joe goes to more games and watches one on tv=shit fan

It's not a case of poor/rich or shit/good fan, it is the fact that for the first time in god knows how long we are in the semi final of a cup and its only a fiver to go. Now the choice comes down to:-

- Five pounds to go to an important city game with your mates (assuming you have mates)

- Watch it on sky where the punditry/analysis will consist of George Gavin and Peter Beagrie (fucking insightful that)

- Or assuming your not too 'poor' to afford it do both, go to the game and record it on sky and watch it back afterwards. You then get to see live football for peanuts and look forward to getting a boner over Peter Beagrie explaining the subtlety of Graham Westley's tactics.

No need to thank me for solving this huge dilemma

covcity4life

It's not a case of poor/rich or shit/good fan, it is the fact that for the first time in god knows how long we are in the semi final of a cup and its only a fiver to go. Now the choice comes down to:-

- Five pounds to go to an important city game with your mates (assuming you have mates)

- Watch it on sky where the punditry/analysis will consist of George Gavin and Peter Beagrie (fucking insightful that)

- Or assuming your not too 'poor' to afford it do both, go to the game and record it on sky and watch it back afterwards. You then get to see live football for peanuts and look forward to getting a boner over Peter Beagrie explaining the subtlety of Graham Westley's tactics.

No need to thank me for solving this huge dilemma

quite clearly already chose option 2

and its a quarter final not a semi final,how long you been a cov fan? since prices dropped?

also i said in my frist post that the money saved will go twards and extra league game so im obviously not the worlds richest man either

so its either(pay fiver watch match thats on sky anyway)

or save fiver and use it towards a higher priced ticket for oldham or tranmere etc

get it? got it? good!

covcity4life

ok so now we are saying anyone without a ST is a bad fan

except those that go to a one off cheap JPT game of course

hummmmmmmmmmm:facepalm:

LJC_CCFC

quite clearly already chose option 2

and its a quarter final not a semi final,how long you been a cov fan? since prices dropped?

also i said in my frist post that the money saved will go twards and extra league game so im obviously not the worlds richest man either

so its either(pay fiver watch match thats on sky anyway)

or save fiver and use it towards a higher priced ticket for oldham or tranmere etc

get it? got it? good!

Well it's technically a quarter final, but it's called a semi final.

It's five pounds...

Don't get it

covcity4life

Well it's technically a quarter final, but it's called a semi final.

It's five pounds...

Don't get it

i know you dont

i dont care what its called,its a quarter final,cant dispute that

look mate,its a fiver great for people liek you who refuse to pay full price but it could be 1 pound or 500 pound to me,im watching it on sky

ur acting like i should 100% go because its cheap,but what i am telling you is that some fans go to games even when tickets are full price(i know crazy)

so i will watch this game on sky and be back down the ricoh for next home game

and ill see you at the ricoh too, ill spot you...6ft clean shaven,cap on trying to pretend you are a JSB for a cheap ticket no doubt.

ajsccfc

It's a semi-final for me. That way if we end up getting to Wembley but losing, we can still claim to be CHAMPIONS OF THE NORTH. I think that entitles you to a golden whippet and a jewel-encrusted flat cap.

covcity4life

It's a semi-final for me. That way if we end up getting to Wembley but losing, we can still claim to be CHAMPIONS OF THE NORTH. I think that entitles you to a golden whippet and a jewel-encrusted flat cap.

do we our own bannermen like robb stark the KING OF THE NORTH

LJC_CCFC

i know you dont

i dont care what its called,its a quarter final,cant dispute that

look mate,its a fiver great for people liek you who refuse to pay full price but it could be 1 pound or 500 pound to me,im watching it on sky

ur acting like i should 100% go because its cheap,but what i am telling you is that some fans go to games even when tickets are full price(i know crazy)

so i will watch this game on sky and be back down the ricoh for next home game

and ill see you at the ricoh too, ill spot you...6ft clean shaven,cap on trying to pretend you are a JSB for a cheap ticket no doubt.

Yep that's me and I can't believe I keep getting away with it

Users who are viewing this thread